Little Mix member dragged for uploading video singing to R. Kelly

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF
14 hours ago, DutchHooker said:

Lol this is exactly what I mean and exactly what I'm angry about, liking a song of someone doens't mean you like them. You should not forbid yourself to listening to a song, just for the sake of the artist.

And yes, I would love to see R. Kelly in jail, but let me pls listen to DWUW ft. R. Kelly, thanks.

This culture in 2018, it's really scary.. everything is instantly an insult or wrong and everyone is so sensitive.

It's not about simply liking a song, it's about posting it during the peak of the controversy. :rip:

DutchHooker
17 minutes ago, Jewels n Drugs said:

THANK YOU. 

DCenu3OUMAAFJ8n.jpg

I proudly serve the tea :reductive::vegas:

We need DarkGa with Bops so we can rule the industry again and learn the other popgirls how to snatch 'em wigs to ultimate baldness!!

DiscoHeaven23
17 hours ago, DutchHooker said:

Or she's just normal like everyone else jesus christ... What's wrong with y'all..
I would upload a video on IG singing to R. Kelly's verse on DWUW.. you know why?? Cuz I love the song :whitney:
I'm not like: September 18: "Omg, I love this song soooo much"
January 19: "Uwghhh, I hate this song... uwghh R. Kelly"

My taste doesn't change based on what someone has done, music is a form of art and I really don't care what the artist has done. I enjoy the music and the form of art, Gaga is a different situation because she also inspires me in life, but idc what other artists do.. :classy: as long as they make good bops.

That's why I can also listen to Azaelia Banks. :madge:

You can still like the song but taking a video of you singing it and posting it to social media (just pretend you're famous) is kinda disrespectful to the women who have just recently come forward about this. It sends a subliminal message of, "idc what you say I still support R Kelly, you women r lying". And while that may not be your thought, it certainly shows a lack of compassion 

that's the problem here. 

ZiggyZiggs

im disgusted reading some of these replies. also using the 'SJW' 'kids nowadays are sensitive' argument is TIRED AF.like COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE TO JUSTIFY YOUR FVCKED UP MORALS

DiscoHeaven23
17 hours ago, Enzo said:

She's just singing a song :triggered:

Are we going to pretend that we don't sing to R. Kelly's verse in DWUW? :poot:

it's about timing.

very poor timing, which shows lack of empathy for survivors of his abuse. 

ZiggyZiggs

most of you havent even watched the docuseries. WATCH IT FIRST and then we'll talk about listening to his music

DiscoHeaven23
10 hours ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Tag that feminist girl so she can have her next target :vegas:

@LadyGaga                     

ZiggyZiggs

@DutchHooker watch this and let me know if you're still going to listen to this vile man's music cuz if you are then i have nothing else to say other than u should be ashamed of yourself

TeenIdle
5 hours ago, Andreu said:

Did the judge decide Luke waa guilty? Asking bc I don't know it I'm not implying anything 

No. I think he won the case

There's nothing wrong with listening to his music. But posting about it was clearly intentional. Sis was craving attention.:ohwell:

StrawberryBlond

Enjoying a song by a morally questionable singer in private is one thing but it's quite another to do it on camera and post it to millions of online followers, especially when said artist is having negative attention right now. Don't tell me Jesy didn't know what she was doing. There was no need for her to do that name check but she did, just in case anyone couldn't tell what song it was as it was only a short clip. And it's so short that it wasn't even worth posting. She's been the most attention craving out of the group for a while, always posting pictures looking for validation, so I wouldn't put it past her to have done this precisely so that people would talk about her. She needs to realise as a group member, this reflects badly on the others too as if people want to cancel her for this, it affects the group's popularity too.

14 hours ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Tag that feminist girl so she can have her next target :vegas:

Not trying to start anything but was it me you were talking about when you said this?

beaublue
23 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Tbh while I haven't been listening to his music, or DWUW, music isn't always about politics and social justice. There are so so SO many other songs, popular songs, with questionable topics, sung by questionable artists. By continuing to cancel every problematic thing we can find, we're sort of backtracking on progress, and opening the censorship can of worms. 

Like, sorry, but Ignition is a great song. And I have memories of being in middle school and going to dances and singing this with my friends. And you honestly don't know who he's singing about, it could have been his wife. DWUW is a great song as well, and literally has zero reference or relation to pedophilia or rape. 

Yeah, her timing was ****. But not everything tied to him has to be about supporting God awful, twisted things. We keep setting parameters for ourselves, and boxing each other into these accountability pens, and we're really not progressing. It's about how YOU live your life and the choices you make, not about getting our rocks off on feeling better because we aren't streaming R. Kelly anymore. Like...really? :usrs:

It's his choice if he wants to continue to listen, and tbh it doesn't make him a bad person. It's the same argument as people dragging Gaga for a scandal she had zero relation to, and forcing her to apologize for working with him five years ago. This isn't about the person streaming a song, or Lady Gaga, or any other person who had relation to him. It's about R. Kelly and what he did. 

You have your views, I have mine but in no way did I ever say to “cancel” every problematic person nor do I support the whole “cancel” movement by any means. I’m talking about one specific person & thats R. Kelly. I also never said his music was “bad” but the fact that his lyrics are based on the stuff he’s done is disgusting. But anyways, I just wanted to make that clear because I’m not ok, never have been ok, & never will be ok with this mob mentality when it comes to canceling or digging up people’s pasts when they’ve made amends.

JohnnyVersace
1 hour ago, lovedillon said:

You have your views, I have mine but in no way did I ever say to “cancel” every problematic person nor do I support the whole “cancel” movement by any means. I’m talking about one specific person & thats R. Kelly. I also never said his music was “bad” but the fact that his lyrics are based on the stuff he’s done is disgusting. But anyways, I just wanted to make that clear because I’m not ok, never have been ok, & never will be ok with this mob mentality when it comes to canceling or digging up people’s pasts when they’ve made amends.

You said earlier, "Listening to his music only shows him that what he’s doing is acceptable but if you’re ok with all of that then that’s on you." That essentially means that we should bury his discography and move on. No? Which exactly is the mob/cancel mentality. 

Ignition is a hollow, catchy song about sex. It is never said who it is about, and does not allude to rape, violence, pedophilia or enslavement in the slightest. You're obtuse if you think it does. His verse DWUW is in the same category, talking about Tom Ford, weed, and a luxurious lifestyle where he lusts after a woman. 

R. Kelly's songs DON'T reference "the stuff he's done" in the slightest, that's the point. They're so shallow and meaningless, anyone could sing them. He's obviously trash and has done disgusting things in his life, but let's not act like these songs are some deep dive into his psyche, and shine a light onto his wrongdoings. Like, they're pretty surface-level. And if someone chooses to listen to them because they are catchy, meaningless songs, that's their prerogative, and they aren't any less than you for doing so. 

On 1/13/2019 at 9:10 PM, DutchHooker said:

Or she's just normal like everyone else jesus christ... What's wrong with y'all..
I would upload a video on IG singing to R. Kelly's verse on DWUW.. you know why?? Cuz I love the song :whitney:
I'm not like: September 18: "Omg, I love this song soooo much"
January 19: "Uwghhh, I hate this song... uwghh R. Kelly"

My taste doesn't change based on what someone has done, music is a form of art and I really don't care what the artist has done. I enjoy the music and the form of art, Gaga is a different situation because she also inspires me in life, but idc what other artists do.. :classy: as long as they make good bops.

That's why I can also listen to Azaelia Banks. :madge:

Surely you can see there's a difference between liking a song by a problematic (or in R Kelly's case, evil) person and being a celebrity and broadcasting said like of that song to your thousands of followers on social media, many of whom will be survivors of sexual assault and who may find it very upsetting?

Jesy isn't Hitler but she is profoundly stupid for posting this at this time.

Archived