other

Do What U Want removed from Spotify, iTunes and YouTube

Featured Posts

DiegoMonster

I support her, but damn I’ll miss the song :( 

at least i got the physical album 

• Like 1

IsThatGaga

Applause is now the only ARTPOP track in her essentials playlist on Apple Music :interestinga:

• Sad 5

Crystalline
11 hours ago, Mirages said:

He wrote only his worse so he's not profiting from Christina's version.... Duh

Untrue, he has writing credits on it still lol. God knows why, I assume they registered it after he came on board thus all versions have his writing credits? But either way he has credits on Xtina’s and will indeed profit from it still.

Edited by Crystalline

Mirages
24 minutes ago, Crystalline said:

Untrue, he has writing credits on it still lol. God knows why, I assume they registered it after he came on board thus all versions have his writing credits? But either way he has credits on Xtina’s and will indeed profit from it still.

Ugh what the actual **** just another reason to come for Gaga if someone finds out

Mr Ricky

Every DWUW is deleted here on iTunes except for Xtinas version. #Netherlands

Edited by Mr Ricky

Ioveittodeath

Ughhh! So sad. Such a beautiful song. Just wrong artist choice :saladga:

i used to rule the world
  • Like 1

ropi
10 hours ago, YCHofficial said:

Exactly what I thought. 

RedOne is Moroccan..... 

So this all seems very fishy and racist.

*LeTs MaKe ThE aRaB gUy A tErRoRiSt*

:reductive:

StrawberryBlond

Good on her for completely removing it because it looked like it was still going to remain on YouTube at the very least. To go one step further and remove live performances of it is even more admirable (though I do kinda regret never getting around to watching that one on SNL where he crawls over her, just to see how bad it gets, you know). I don't know if this will stop normal users uploading unofficial versions in the future but that's another story. That audio had over 52 million views and was her second most viewed audio track after Million Reasons and was maybe her third or fourth most liked audio video, if I remember rightly, so that's a big deal. It now means physical copies will be well sought over and basically collectors items in future, for more than the foil packaging on the deluxe.

Now, sure, she didn't need to go this far and it's a shame this song has been completely removed for those who did like it but put it this way - there's now no more that she can do. There is nothing the naysayers can complain about, saying she's not doing enough to cut ties with him. She already showed that back in the day by never hanging out with him once song promotion was done, cancelled the release of the music video, only performed the solo version at Artrave and didn't include it on any touring/residency/greatest hits performance setlist since. But that wasn't enough for a lot of people. Now she really has done everything she could possibly do. She hasn't even made the solo or Xtina feature version available. So, we can say the whole thing's been put to bed and we can officially move on. Looking back on it all, at the time, I was so bummed out that she never released the video but over time, I became relieved that she never did as it could have seriously damaged her career to the point of no return if she had. But it was always about 80% relief because it would've been another big viewed video for her for sure. But now I can say I am 100% relieved it never happened because now things would be far worse and she'd have had to remove the video anyway, so its release would all have been for nothing anyway. Looks like it was never meant to be.

• Like 5

SamanthaC
4 hours ago, ARealWildMan said:

I have the CD and just ordered another copy lol :triggered:

I downloaded the AMAs performance, SNL performance, artRAVE performance and a few other performances literally last week without realising so I still have the videos :saladga:

Hide contents

Don't copyright or sue me pls

I bought one on Amazon yesterday.  It was $7.29 now it's $9.57 and I imagine it'll keep climbing. 

Autumn
9 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

I bought one on Amazon yesterday.  It was $7.29 now it's $9.57 and I imagine it'll keep climbing. 

Yeah, snatch them up whilst you can

For some reason this feels like the death of ARTPOP :cryga:

• formerly ARealWildMan, WarriorPhoenix •
  • Like 3

Donny Winter

They removed the X-Tina version from YouTube also, which really surprises me. I didn't think they'd do that. 

A Hybrid

Spotify still says 15 songs :emma:

I can't turn off what turns me on

Jester

The only thing we have left are #ARTPOPmemories

Spoiler

8191720-6562945-image-a-13_1546813513313 

Spoiler

:chica: