Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga going to conform forever?

Ronlop

Featured Posts

glagerfeld

I REALLY love she evolved, into a more serious musician and like we still have Enigma to watch her extravagant looks and performances for a while...

I'm down with the idea of her to be recognized more serious :oops:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
keith ink

Post ARTPOP

C2C - literally a jazz album released by a pop star known for dance/edm songs

Dive bars - the biggest pop star performing in small bars? Okay this is too "conforming"

JOANNE - an americana/folksy stripped down album by again, the world's biggest edm/dance music artist

Shallow - i have no words, this song is so mainstream sounding :huntyga: 

Enigma/ASIB - her career path is literally the opposite of most of her contemporaries. And I dont completely understand how starring in a classic movie can be regarded as conforming :what:

Gaga is first and foremost, a pop artist. And judging by her recent career turns, "conforming" to the norm of being a pop star is the opposite of her goals. And if you think that she has been playing it safe the past years, well you havent been paying attention sis. She has been doing risky career turns since 2014.

DpHitch1992

I'm a big believer that as soon as a star is born awards are over...she's gonna flip it to the other spectrum and go full Gaga on us. I still think the Elli pics on instagram are a sneak peak of what's to come. 

I love the girl and very proud of what's she's done the last few years but I hope the above is true since the first five years of her career is why I fell in love with her and to not have that same artistry again will be a big gap in music for me and a bit of a sell out in why she started in the first place 

drunkfrank

well it's just because she hasn't been a popstar in years. shes been doing a lot of other stuff. "joanne is a pop album" you know exactly what i mean. but seems like she will become a popstar in her next album again. 

also keep in mind that people grow up and people change. it's inevitable. for example, 2011ga will never come back, so just appreciate that it happened. we gotta move on with her.

All these GIFs just make me admire her amazing, boundary-pushing, risk-taking career even more. ❣️ We'll never what Lady Gaga does next. It's never the same.

glamour show
On 1/10/2019 at 8:23 AM, doppelganger said:

Exactly how is ASIB and Shallow conforming? 

A star is Born is  a remake.... a pretty standard story about fame, toxic relationships,  and addiction.  the shallow is a good piece of music. both conform though and aren't new or inventive in any way and i'm okay with that. 

glamour show

everyone here should read some art theory. gaga has been conforming a lot, not consistently. but she does conform quite often and likes to shock sometimes without cause. she's an eccentric/ ham. 

We are so lucky that she was so ahead of her time...I've been reflecting on her entire career lately and if she started in 2018 and not 2008...she would be cancelled within 5 minutes.

I miss the olden days :messga:

She doesn't have to do meat dress or DWUW type stuff to create controversy anymore. It would kind of be beneath her at this point. But I still want her to speak on social issues in her music. I don't want her music to continue in this safe and middle of the road direction.

doppelganger
1 hour ago, glamour show said:

A star is Born is  a remake.... a pretty standard story about fame, toxic relationships,  and addiction.  the shallow is a good piece of music. both conform though and aren't new or inventive in any way and i'm okay with that. 

Fair enough on the film. Musically it is nothing like what’s on radio. No one expected it top the charts

Donny Winter

I don't think of her as conforming. I think of her as being "socially aware" as she always has been. She realizes she's become a beacon for survivors of sexual assault and acted accordingly. 

A hybrid can withstand these things / my heart can beat with bricks and strings

If shes in company of people that make her feel the way She felt bavk down

But She is that punk drummer that got a Daughter and suddenly his hair is lined up for school meating, One time...and soon forgets how to put it up. He does One time going concert...but its not same anymore.

Well we saw what happened when she doesn’t conform so...let ha make that money (honey). 

Can she perform Money Honey at Enigma now?

glamour show
22 hours ago, doppelganger said:

Fair enough on the film. Musically it is nothing like what’s on radio. No one expected it top the charts

how so?

Archived