💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kevin Hart on controversy: “I’m done with it”

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

MelbHawker
On 1/11/2019 at 2:33 AM, JFK said:

Ok. Provide us with the evidence of his homophobic behavior. Except that tweet this controversy has build upon.

If you need evidence to acknowledge the issue, then you haven't understood the issue at hand. The tweet isn't the sole reason as to why I think Hart is trash. I'm not that simple minded you see.

I'm looking at this situation from a different perspective. What he says is taken literally by millions of people, in particular youth (and more specifically, black youth). The Entertainment Industry's night of nights is the Oscars; the Oscars asked him to host. I'm a firm believer that the Entertainment Industry is one of the most progressive re: LGBT rights. The industry is also becoming more diverse as well, with it's casting etc. which is a win for all of us everywhere, especially black people in our society.

That tweet that Hart put out all those years ago epitomises homophobia in the Western world and is a classic example of a patriarchal man violently disapproving of a feminine (or gay) boy/child. He apologised for that tweet back then (let's be frank - it wasn't all over the media back then). It naturally resurfaced when he was announced as host of the Oscars & it's his response that I have an issue with. A man of his status, influence and outreach shouldn't have stepped down and basically refused to apologise again. He thought he'd excuse himself by saying it was buried in his past and that he changed. That, to me, is the issue at hand. The social implications of his words during this time.. well, everything he says filters down through the media into households and into the minds of youth. If he had truly changed like he claims he has, he would've made a strong statement supporting LGBT and continued preparing to host the Oscars. It would've been of benefit to the black community as well. I'm no expert but I can say with confidence that black LGBT youth aren't as accepted by their community as white youth. Hart could've put out a message that positively impacted lives, and he didn't. All he's done is make excuses for his lack of action & it's made me think his original apology was nothing but a PR orchestrated attempt to minimise damage to his career post homophobia reveal. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TSUNAMI
18 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

He apologised for that tweet back then (let's be frank - it wasn't all over the media back then). It naturally resurfaced when he was announced as host of the Oscars & it's his response that I have an issue with. A man of his status, influence and outreach shouldn't have stepped down and basically refused to apologise again.

I would do that, too. He's a human. He makes mistakes. He apologized and you guys want more. That's bullying.

20 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

He thought he'd excuse himself by saying it was buried in his past and that he changed.

Which would for every non-petty person be enough.

21 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

Hart could've put out a message that positively impacted lives, and he didn't. All he's done is make excuses for his lack of action & it's made me think his original apology was nothing but a PR orchestrated attempt to minimise damage to his career post homophobia reveal. 

You mentioned above that he apologized. So, he didn't do nothing, right?

He's not a part of the LGBTQ community so he doesn't have ANY obligation to speak up against or pro our community rights.

51 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

If he had truly changed like he claims he has, he would've made a strong statement supporting LGBT and continued preparing to host the Oscars.

Why does he have to prove anything?

There are prople who will get you and people who will not get you.

There is part of LGBTQ community that is ok with him not apologizing but not being homophobic either because we look at the behavior and not at empty words, or there is another part of the LGBTQ community that is usually petty about everything and is acting repressive for other communities in order to progress which is not equal at all.

10 years ago you could of joke about these things., now the society is so sensitive not heven jokes fly through. It's so sad.

MelbHawker
22 hours ago, JFK said:

I would do that, too. He's a human. He makes mistakes. He apologized and you guys want more. That's bullying.

Which would for every non-petty person be enough.

You mentioned above that he apologized. So, he didn't do nothing, right?

He's not a part of the LGBTQ community so he doesn't have ANY obligation to speak up against or pro our community rights.

Why does he have to prove anything?

There are prople who will get you and people who will not get you.

There is part of LGBTQ community that is ok with him not apologizing but not being homophobic either because we look at the behavior and not at empty words, or there is another part of the LGBTQ community that is usually petty about everything and is acting repressive for other communities in order to progress which is not equal at all.

10 years ago you could of joke about these things., now the society is so sensitive not heven jokes fly through. It's so sad.

Wanting someone to further clarify their stance on equal rights when they've given reason for one to believe they're not for it isn't bullying, especially when that person is a public figure and has a platform to quite a large number of people. :toofunny: What's that about society being sensitive?

You've misunderstood my point completely, obviously. I'm not going to waste my time with this discussion. If you've already reduced me to one of those overly sensitive kinds of people, then so be it. 

ImpossiblePrincess

Done with it just like how we’re done with u and ur career 

Welcome to GagaDaily, it looks like things just got messgendary.

Archived