Jump to content
Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
rumor

Hollywood Hates Gaga?

Featured Posts

Emigrante
2 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

I remember very well their faces when she won the globe in 2016!

Yes for example that. Gaga is very specific person. She'a your kind of weirdo and I get the feeling that sometimes she doesn't know how to act or react because of her emotions, which doesn't mean that she's fake or something. And to see things like that is really disheartening to me cause I pretty much feel like her.

Every morning there are mountains to climb.
  • Love 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SimplyTheBest
1 minute ago, Emigrante said:

Yes for example that. Gaga is very specific person. She'a your kind of weirdo and I get the feeling that sometimes she doesn't know how to act or react because of her emotions, which doesn't mean that she's fake or something. And to see things like that is really disheartening to me cause I pretty much feel like her.

They are a lot fake people among them though, I wonder where they got the nerves to call anyone disingenuous lol. Even she herself said it on TV :huntyga:  and I remarked that I don't feel that same vibe when she's among singers either!

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanne Godijn

There' are probably  alot more people in holywood that are not very like so i wouldnt worry to much about it

Edited by Sanne Godijn

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
StrawberryBlond

I don't get how such a quote could be misconstrued this way. I think it sounds really sweet. I can't help feeling that certain people may harbour jealous feelings because she's worked her way onto their territory of acting when she should stay in her lane as a singer. So they'll find any way to undermine her and say she'll never be as good. I don't see how she could be any more fake than your average Hollywood type. Gaga has such a love for the arts that when she's in the most respected domains, she maybe appears a bit OTT and "little girl lost" but that is genuine for her.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
VenusBlackStar
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

To some people, that can come across as disingenuous. People here even started to complain about how much she started to say it. Gaga is probably being genuine and authentic when she kept saying that comment, but I mean, I can understand people thinking that she's "trying too hard".

Sometimes I have a feeling that she doesn't take into consideration that there are people who watch and search for every single interview she does. It's like in 2011 / 2012 when she kept saying to people how Italian she was or how in 2014 / 2015 she's been singing jazz since she was 14. I don't think she really puts into consideration that to some people what she's saying is repetitive because even though she's telling different people or reporters or news media, there is cross pollination between them and so there are people who are paying attention to multiple things. 

I'm pretty sure it's social media stans and such who first paid the most attention to the repetition of her words, right? 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
shane_c

I think this is about the Hollywood Reporter roundtable and the interview with Lin Manuel Miranda. I think there are some people that may have reacted a little negatively to them. That's probably what Grace is hearing.

That wouldn't have had anything to do with her not winning the GGs though. The GGs is voted on by foreign journalists. But it was with fellow actors, directors,.... so it could affect the Oscars. If there's anything to it at all I think that's what it is. Its not the 100 rooms quote. Grace is connecting it to the wrong thing.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
monketsharona

A Star Is Born was snubbed, not her.. Or she wouldn't have won the GG for Shallow

Btw I don't think that means they'll be snubbed at Critic Choice Movie Awards, SAG Awards, Grammy Awards and the Oscars

Not the same commitees

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
VenusBlackStar
28 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I don't get how such a quote could be misconstrued this way. I think it sounds really sweet. I can't help feeling that certain people may harbour jealous feelings because she's worked her way onto their territory of acting when she should stay in her lane as a singer. So they'll find any way to undermine her and say she'll never be as good. I don't see how she could be any more fake than your average Hollywood type. Gaga has such a love for the arts that when she's in the most respected domains, she maybe appears a bit OTT and "little girl lost" but that is genuine for her.

I agree. It's a real thing for people to get lowkey nasty or whatever when they feel threatened by someone with already a strong reputation in their respective industry who is now starting to move into another field. Or maybe they think it's unfair to them because they spent so much time studying their craft and working from the ground up as an actor and then here comes this singer who has spent significantly less time with acting and all of a sudden this person is now perceived to be on their level, being nominated just they are and getting accolades the same as them. I can see that it might be something to anger someone. 

But isn't that just how star power works? The same thing could happen vice versa, like if someone who spent most of their career as an actor moves into music and the same thing happens. The people who spent most of their careers as musicians who most likely struggled more and worked longer and harder at being a musician might see this actor all of a sudden move into the music industry and receive almost the same thing in a much shorter time and could potentially get jealous at that. 

 

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emigrante
6 minutes ago, shane_c said:

I think this is about the Hollywood Reporter roundtable and the interview with Lin Manuel Miranda. I think there are some people that may have reacted a little negatively to them.

Why would they react negatively to them?

Every morning there are mountains to climb.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
shane_c
1 minute ago, Emigrante said:

Why would they react negatively to them?

I remember thinking myself that they weren't great, that it seemed like Gaga was trying hard to convince people that she wasn't just playing herself and that the other actresses seems like they were just sitting there staring at her. The LMM interview just seemed strange and it didn't seem like they connected at all until the very end when they were talking about Broadway.

I don't know that just my impression. I don't think they will have much impact. They didn't have an impact at all on the GGs. And I doubt many oscar voters saw them. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
M Monstre
13 minutes ago, VenusBlackStar said:

Sometimes I have a feeling that she doesn't take into consideration that there are people who watch and search for every single interview she does. It's like in 2011 / 2012 when she kept saying to people how Italian she was or how in 2014 / 2015 she's been singing jazz since she was 14. I don't think she really puts into consideration that to some people what she's saying is repetitive because even though she's telling different people or reporters or news media, there is cross pollination between them and so there are people who are paying attention to multiple things. 

I'm pretty sure it's social media stans and such who first paid the most attention to the repetition of her words, right? 

She probably doesn't, and she probably doesn't care. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but like I said, I can understand where people are coming from. I don't think her being repetitive is her being "dishonest" and "inauthentic," but I can see where others might be coming from.

Also yeah, it was people on social media that started to pay attention to the comment, not the media.

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
VenusBlackStar
26 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

She probably doesn't, and she probably doesn't care. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but like I said, I can understand where people are coming from. I don't think her being repetitive is her being "dishonest" and "inauthentic," but I can see where others might be coming from.

Also yeah, it was people on social media that started to pay attention to the comment, not the media.

If I were in her position I wouldn't really care, either lol. And I can also see where some people might find it feeling disingenuous to them.  

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Raffle

My fav reviewer Grace is back and has some interesting info on the GG. What do you think?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
keith ink
3 hours ago, Didymus said:

smh

She was not snubbed. She was just up against fierce ass competition. An important distinction, darling. ASIB might have been snubbed perhaps but definitely not Gaga :smh: Every woman up there deserved a win.

The atmosphere on this forum is really beginning to be toxic. I can't believe how many of you deluded yourselves into thinking Gaga was obviously gonna beat acting legends like Close, Colman and Kidman, you totally didn't set yourselves up for disappointment :lmao:

Just be happy she was acclaimed/nominated/the recipient of some impressive acting awards for her performance at all ffs. Not many musicians turned actors achieve that stuff. It's already a triumph and y'all are ruining my good vibes by pretending it's not enough. ****ing stop.

Enigma feels

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MsSwan
3 hours ago, lovedillon said:

Based on the video below, Gaga was snubbed last night, it's obvious to me but what we never took into consideration were the politics of Hollywood. I believe she will still get an Oscar nom but she really needs to do damage control Like Grace says in the video below. What are your opinions? Do you think her "100 people" phrase made her sound disingenuous? Do you think Grace is right about the politics behind awards?

 

Link!

Everything about this is SO on point. If you disagree you are straight up delusional. I’ve been saying this the whole time. The Leo incident, Queen Latifah laughing at her “I wanted to be an actress first” speech. :bye:

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...