opinion

Is Gaga afraid of releasing new music?

zerojk

Featured Posts

(Delulu thread warning)

It just seems like it...

She’s said so many times that she is constantly writing + making new music

we’ve seen her several times at studios, working with new producers

we even know that she has unheard material in her hands that we will probably never get to listen

what i’m trying to say is that there are no obstacles for her to at least release an EP or some singles with no album a-la The Cure

why has she been holding back her creations and creativity for this recent years? 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
retroglamx
2 minutes ago, zerojk said:

(Delulu thread warning)

It just seems like it...

She’s said so many times that she is constantly writing + making new music

we’ve seen her several times at studios, working with new producers

we even know that she has unheard material in her hands that we will probably never get to listen

what i’m trying to say is that there are no obstacles for her to at least release an EP or some singles with no album a-la The Cure

why has she been holding back her creations and creativity for this recent years? 

Because she's currently promoting ASIB which is about to blast again during the award season. Many other users speculate that she doesn't want the Academy to think she's using the ASIB praise to gain attention for her own music, making her seem like she's taking advantage and not being serious about her acting career.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

I think the same. Why she performed Frankensteined for some fans if she wouldn't like to release it.

The ARTPOP Zedd

1 minute ago, mikedu24 said:

She literally just released a whole ass album in October:saladga:

So if ASIB OST is "her" album, so it is LG6. So a lot of LM thinks when will she release it, when it was released about 3 months ago. 

I'm waiting for LG7.

The ARTPOP Zedd

Maybe because of her fans criticizing everything she does and her music

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

ArtGagaPop

Ehm she just released a album 3 months ago and its still top 10 in pretty much every important market and it's lead single is one of the biggest hits of the year, why would she release something else right now :messga:

Didymus

Probably commercial strategy.

ASIB is still alive and going (and it's going brilliantly) and, frankly, she doesn't need to release new music at this point in time :shrug: Her momentum is strong and they probably don't want anything distracting from her Oscar run etc., press-wise.

It's probably very important for her and her people that the public is guided tenderly and safely out of the ASIB era and into a new solo era without her career crumbling once more à la ARTPOP. It's a delicate situation rn. Maybe the whole point of the Vegas residency is to see if people are still even here for an avant-garde-ish pop career before they re-launch it :vegas:

She released an album a couple months ago still slaying charts everywhere, she doesn't need to release anything now. Standalone singles are more of a "trying to stay relevant move" and she's extremely relevant right now.

But completely unrelated to what I just said, yes maybe she's scared, ASIB is phenomenal and people will expect her to release something as phenomenal for LG6  which might put a lot of pressure on her. :(

2School4Cool

I think she’s just waiting because the album isn’t finished. I mean she’s been working on ASIB, rehearsing Enigma, creating that entire show. She’s had a lot going on lately. Most artists who are truly passionate about their craft take breaks between albums. Bruno mars, ed sheeran, these are people who are truly passionate about their art being perfect and slave over making the best material possible, so it takes them three years to release an album. Gaga is the same way, she is probably waiting until every detail of the album is perfect. She most likely hasn’t released stand alone singles because everything she’s working on is for the album. I trust her that when it’s ready it’ll be here.

See The Best In Everyone

Archived