💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts and awards discussion - the untouchable title

Andreu

Featured Posts

TheCureinMalibu

:air: the MV is about to get 3m views daily after 3 and a half month of release :air::air: 

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
asana15

Very, very interesting. Below are a few excerpts, but the read itself is fascinating.

New reports from The New York Times and Fast Company detailing Netflix’s “Roma” Oscar campaign make it clear the company is holding nothing back, reportedly spending as much as $20 million or more on the campaign.

Talk to anyone in Hollywood this year about the Oscars season, and Netflix’s name will come up almost immediately. Among the comments and gripes:

- They spend way more than anyone else.

- They pursue any and all ways to promote their projects for awards.

- And most importantly: They, and especially Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos, really, really, really want to win. “They’re the 800-pound gorilla,” says one publicist, who did not wish to be quoted. “It seems like they have unlimited resources.”

“Hollywood is blanketed in billboards bearing [lead actress Yalitza] Aparicio’s face, ‘Roma’ events are thrown nearly round the clock, and many industry figures received a heavy $175 book about the film published by Assouline. Rival publicists estimate that Netflix is spending $10 million to $20 million on award-season promotion, though some put that figure even higher.”

Netflix’s awards campaign blitz for “Roma” has included showering journalists and Hollywood Foreign Press Association members with promotional gifts prior to the Golden Globes, where “Roma” took home honors for Best Foreign Film and Best Director. The streaming giant sent voting members Oaxacan dark chocolates accompanied by a letter from Aparicio, plus the $175 coffee table book and an official “Roma” poster signed by Cuarón himself (via Fast Company). “Roma” events in Hollywood have been hosted by the likes of Angelina Jolie, Charlize Theron, and Diego Luna, among others. Netflix even ran a two-minute advertisement for “Roma” during a recent edition of “CBS Sunday Morning” that alone cost approximately $170,000. Members of the HFPA and other journalists were also invited–as they are annually–to a Christmas party at Sarandos’s manse. 

Even people inside Netflix are floored by the company’s sky’s-the-limit-attitude. “They spend so much money,” says one marketer who has worked on campaigns at Netflix. “It’s insane. Someone will say, ‘Oh, I want to do X, I have this great idea. It’s going to cost $600,000.’ And they say, ‘Just send us the invoice.’ You’re supposed to work within a budget, but if you have a great idea, they’ll find a way to do it.” 

https://www.fastcompany.com/90291385/inside-netflixs-all-out-blitz-to-win-a-best-picture-oscar-for-roma

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/01/roma-oscar-campaign-20-million-netflix-best-picture-1202035282/

VoldeLorde2
4 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Put it into Youtube and Spotify, Daddy Bobby :hor:

Reveal hidden contents

I can't write this with a straight face. Sorry Bobby :toofunny:

:saladga:Why did you do that, do that, do that, do that, do that to me:cryga:

corvus albus
1 minute ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

:saladga:Why did you do that, do that, do that, do that, do that to me:cryga:

I did this for you :kiss:

nattuggla
10 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

WHAT IS HAPPENING? OMG 

Maybe the effect of digital copies of the movie? 

TheCureinMalibu
1 minute ago, nattuggla said:

it can't be.... The digital of the movie was released like almost 2 days ago, plus the digital copies of the movie will only affect on the weekend, not weekdays omg.

If Shallow gets to 5m views/daily. we can all sure that it has a youtube payola :vegas:

LGMonster95
2 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

I mean it the last 3 or 4 hours it went up from 1.9M to almost 2.9M, the digital copy came out more than 24h ago 

TheCureinMalibu
Just now, LGMonster95 said:

I mean it the last 3 or 4 hours it went up from 1.9M to almost 2.9M, the digital copy came out more than 24h ago 

it is payola indeed :vegas: perhaps @Gypsy Life can explain this. 

2 hours ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

If I'm honest, my favourite days on this thread is when we get "off topic" and mix chart facts in but others don't feel that way so:madge:

2 hours ago, corvus albus said:

These are mine too. They're just more entertaining and engaging than the pure chart days. We were so overwhelmed between September to December that we forgot how to have some fun :madge:

''Chart and Awards discussion ! ''  

Don't derail this thread with useless opinions and stay on topic . Thank you , next ! :lolly:

OT : Is realeasing some big name in the Grammy / Oscar weeks because she might snach #1 if not ! :awesome:

• Admin changed the title to Charts and awards discussion
  • Admin locked and unpinned this topic

Archived