Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
charts

Charts and awards discussion - the untouchable title

Andreu

Featured Posts

corvus albus
Just now, emig09 said:

We have to start thinking there are other artists with success. Not just Gaga.

Yes, but maybe artist with actual talent. I never cared about Adele, Bey, JT, Harry Styles, Niall, mostly Taylor, Lorde, etc. People like Ed don't deserve this level of success if you ask me and Camila is just forgettable. The other girls from 5H all have a better track record than her and she is still more successful.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei
8 minutes ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

That's what happens when you have one million shows. He's talented but not talented enough to have highest grossing tour. 

so what? If the dates keep selling out there is clearly demand. It's much more challenging to return to places still with the same tour and bigger venues that time and still sell out. There is an extremely high demand and that is ultimately what tours are about. He moved from an Arena tour to Stadiums and even unlimited outdoor venues on literally every continent.

Musery

WildAmerican

I wonder which one will get to 1bn first on YT, Poker Face or Shallow? I guess it'll all depend on how Shallow does when all the ASIB hype wears off...

Andreu

Ed makes great music tbh, not many of the top mainstream artists put out better music than her in my opinion. Ariana Grande? definitely not. Taylor? She has great songs but I like Ed's better. Drake? definitely no. Post Malone? no. Cardi? naaaah. Shawn? nah

This being said there are tons some better singer-songwriters with the guitar that could have a lil more success

Doncho
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

Yes, but maybe artist with actual talent. I never cared about Adele, Bey, JT, Harry Styles, Niall, mostly Taylor, Lorde, etc. People like Ed don't deserve this level of success if you ask me and Camila is just forgettable. The other girls from 5H all have a better track record than her and she is still more successful.

Lets think about what you said:

- X don't deserve this level of success

- X is just forgettable

Its the kind of things we hate when people talk about Gaga. So please lets NOT. He clearly can sing. He doesnt need to be the next Michael Jackson or anything to be considered talented. Gaga is no Whitney Houston vocally but who cares? Every artist has something special. 

And Im not even a fan of Ed

corvus albus
Just now, Ryusei said:

so what? If the dates keep selling out there is clearly demand. It's much more challenging to return to places still with the same tour and bigger venues that time and still sell out. There is an extremely high demand and that is ultimately what tours are about. He moved from an Arena tour to Stadiums and even unlimited outdoor venues on literally every continent.

Tbh i never understood the appeal of SOY and Perfect, his two biggest hits and Divide in general. I kinda got the other two albums but his latest release stunk of a corporate marketing machine and the GP still ate up everything he threw at them.

Monsterish
52 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Anyway, are y'all ready for Shallow (Trap Remix) :chica: The new Urban radio smasha is coming!

It's not hip-hop country, it's POP!!!1!!1! 

Andreu
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

Tbh i never understood the appeal of SOY and Perfect, his two biggest hits and Divide in general. I kinda got the other two albums but his latest release stunk of a corporate marketing machine and the GP still ate up everything he threw at them.

To me, half of the albums are filler tracks but the highs of the album are very highs

SOY is a cute song

castle on the hill, perfect, Barcelona, Bibia Be Yeye, Galway Girl are good songs

Happier is very good

and New Man is a masterpiece

VoldeLorde2

I'm still mad at Ed for not showing up at the Grammy's because he was mad that he didn't get what he wanted, and he still took those awards. He just screams cocky now that he's had more hits. 

corvus albus
1 minute ago, Doncho said:

Lets think about what you said:

- X don't deserve this level of success

- X is just forgettable

Its the kind of things we hate when people talk about Gaga. So please lets NOT. He clearly can sing. He doesnt need to be the next Michael Jackson or anything to be considered talented. Gaga is no Whitney Houston vocally but who cares? Every artist has something special. 

And Im not even a fan of Ed

This wasn't my point. He can have an era like "x" for the rest of his career (three mega smashes) as long as the music is good or at least decent i don't care. Divide was such a sharp decline in quality that it soured me on Ed probably for the rest of his career.

To Camila, i like Crying in the Club but mostly because of the sample. The songwriting on there is incredibly childish on the other hand and the way she abuses autotune and her voice on NBTS makes my ears bleed. Havana is a good song but that doesn't make her, as an artist, good. There is a place for singers like her and i don't even mind her the success because. She as a human being is really sympathetic that the rest can be forgotten.

corvus albus
4 minutes ago, Andreu said:

To me, half of the albums are filler tracks but the highs of the album are very highs

SOY is a cute song

castle on the hill, perfect, Barcelona, Bibia Be Yeye, Galway Girl are good songs

Happier is very good

and New Man is a masterpiece

You know my opinion on this album :huntyga:

corvus albus
4 minutes ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

I'm still mad at Ed for not showing up at the Grammy's because he was mad that he didn't get what he wanted, and he still took those awards. He just screams cocky now that he's had more hits. 

This is also so infuriating because it just screams: "little child having a massive tantrum and parents don't want to deal with the disaster"

• Admin changed the title to Charts and awards discussion
  • Admin locked and unpinned this topic

Archived