Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

ZAYN - Icarus Falls

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, Antonoff said:

out off all the singles he released i only liked sour diesel so i don't know if i'm willing to give him time to listen to 27 songs :awkney:any remarkable ones?

yeah the singles weren’t the best, but I would recommend Stand Still, Talk to me, Common, Satisfaction(!), the interlude 

III

StrawberryBlond

I'm rather surprised, didn't expect it to be this good. This is better than his debut, it's more developed, more mature. I don't think it by any means had to be 27 tracks, however. If he wanted to make it all about the best of the best, I would have made it just 13 tracks and if he really wanted to push it, 16 tracks at the most, putting extra ones on a deluxe if he wanted. It meant the overall quality of the album was taken down because too many lower quality ones offset the ratio. The lyrics are quite moving a lot of the time and some of the instrumentals are really good although he really needs some better ones in many cases. I'm glad he didn't overuse that terrible RnB technique that he used on Imprint too often as I hate that style. But when he really pushes it, he is showing serious potential. Sour Diesel got me really interested in the album and it's by far the best track - possibly one of the best songs an previous X Factor contestant has ever made. I never got the hype and amazing reviews of his debut, but this effort shows if he keeps going like this, he could be right up there with Harry in terms of making truly great solo work. It's sad to know that this probably won't be picked up by the Grammys next year because it certainly is a lot better than a lot of modern RnB I'm hearing right now. What a surprisingly nice end to the year.

9 hours ago, Antonoff said:

out off all the singles he released i only liked sour diesel so i don't know if i'm willing to give him time to listen to 27 songs :awkney:any remarkable ones?

I review albums, so here's my breakdown for you:

Amazing: Stand Still, Good Guy, Sour Diesel

Good: Let Me, Natural, Back to Life, Satisfaction, Good Years, Insomnia

Decent: Common, Flight of the Stars, There You Are, Icarus Interlude, Scripted, All That, Rainberry

Average: Tonight, Fresh Air, No Candle No Light

Mediocre: If I Got You, Talk To Me, I Don't Mind, Entertainer, Too Much, Fingers

Terrible: Imprint, You Wish You Knew

juicyjuicy

SO GOOD.

Ok ok ok. Definitely some hits and fillers but a solid 8/10 from me. I do prefer Mind of Mine but this is a solid follow up album. It's more experimental, downtempo, cohesive and less pop than his debut album imo.

juicyjuicy
13 hours ago, Antonoff said:

Sour Diesel was my favourite.

Let Me, Natural, Common, There You Are, Icarus Interlude, All That, Good Years, Entertainer, Rainberry and Fingers are my other faves. 

There isn't any other song that sounds like Sour Diesel unfortunately. What a great gem.

2 minutes ago, juicyjuicy said:

Sour Diesel was my favourite.

Natural, Common, There You Are, Icarus Interlude, All That, Good Years, Entertainer, Rainberry and Fingers are my other faves. 

There isn't any other song that sounds like Sour Diesel unfortunately. What a great gem.

IKR SOUR DIESEL IS PURE GOLD

idk how to feel about the album, it has some nice songs but overall i'm not feeling it quite much

... and now i just sit in silence.

Archived