"People don’t respect Madonna the way they should"

Queen Bitch

Featured Posts

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LORD GAGA
19 hours ago, Batwings said:

Here's the thing about Madonna, and I'm probably going to echo many things that have already been said throughout this thread, but they're true. I've been following her career very closely since the 90s. I stanned her hard before Gaga came along. Madonna used to actually have a message to her art, and her career was on a great trajectory, up until Hard Candy. The dissolution of her relationship with Guy Ritchie really impacted her hard, and instead of having an actual message, her focus suddenly became "I can still be hip and cool like all the young people!" I just remember how she carried herself with such grace throughout the Evita and Ray of Light eras... That doesn't even compare to the Madonna of now.

That, with all the Gaga shade throughout the years (and yes, fellow Madonna fans, it was shade. Stop trying to spin it like Trump supporters try to spin everything he does as positive.), along with her weird and, frankly, cringey social media presence are all the reasons why she doesn't have as much respect. She is a legend, and she is an icon, but she's making herself into a joke. She needs to stop with the trend-following and million features on every album and the tacky aesthetic and have another Ray of Light or American Life era where she actually has something meaningful to say.

This. All of this.

To the Madonna fans trying to convince people that her shade is just your ‘delusion’ and that it basically isn’t a thing... don’t kid yourself, nobody buys that, she’s always had a bad attitude and disregard and lack of respect for certain other artists, especially those that challenge to exceed her own career (which lets face it Lady Gaga has already done a long time ago, this isn’t delusion or shade it’s luterally fact, Lady Gaga’s writing, composing, vocal and acting ability far exceeds Madonna’s.) 

gumzy3000

Madonna is an ICON and LEGEND. Love or hate her it is true. So she is very respected in that regard. 

I think why people think she is not respected is because people are calling her out for her rude and petty behavior. I do not mean this in an ageist way but someone of her age should act more mature, especially considering all the life experiences they had. Madonna is just not mature and she herself does not respect a lot of people. 

To make it worse, she acts like an evil diva who always wants her way. While this was what made her famous to an extent, the new generation does not like it and they want singers to be nice, genuine, authentic, good people. Word gets around really fast and the internet can destroy celebrities. Madonna's diva attitude just won't work today, especially considering her age. All it does is makes her look like a jealous fool. 

trolly troll troll

11 hours ago, ShockPop said:

Madonna initiated every single one of her battles in order to gain publicity for whatever she was selling at the time.

...except for the one with Elton john.

She takes an attitude of superiority, and Why? Because she started a long time ago? Wowee Madge, but it wasn't your choice to be conceived at the time you were so your time on this planet - much like your success in music - are almost completely due to the actions of others. Thank God for producers who can fix that vocal.

She is a MARKETING professional. That's all. Nothing else.

Except the truth is the exact opposite of that... 

Musicisfreedom

Think it's funny how Elton can legit say Madonna should be shot and still be incredibly respected, but Madonna makes a few shady comments every now and then and she is just a jealous old bitch. :reductive: 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Didymus

Can we just skip the Madonna thing and talk about how ****ing embarrassing, ill-informed, unprofessional and fundamentally unlikeable those excuses for female human beings are? :what:

13 hours ago, LORD GAGA said:

This. All of this.

To the Madonna fans trying to convince people that her shade is just your ‘delusion’ and that it basically isn’t a thing... don’t kid yourself, nobody buys that, she’s always had a bad attitude and disregard and lack of respect for certain other artists, especially those that challenge to exceed her own career (which lets face it Lady Gaga has already done a long time ago, this isn’t delusion or shade it’s luterally fact, Lady Gaga’s writing, composing, vocal and acting ability far exceeds Madonna’s.) 

You are delululu honey, Madonna is writing and composing, her debut album was in most self wiritten songs, Gaga's career is still not bigger than Madonna's, and you don't know where Gaga will be in another 30 years, your comment is just laughable:ladyhaha: Madonna is ok with Britney, Katy, Arianna, Nicki Minaj and many more,  she was always direspected by Cher, Janet, Whitney and Mariah in first place! :reductive:

Emigrante
On 12/12/2018 at 5:55 AM, Batwings said:

Here's the thing about Madonna, and I'm probably going to echo many things that have already been said throughout this thread, but they're true. I've been following her career very closely since the 90s. I stanned her hard before Gaga came along. Madonna used to actually have a message to her art, and her career was on a great trajectory, up until Hard Candy. The dissolution of her relationship with Guy Ritchie really impacted her hard, and instead of having an actual message, her focus suddenly became "I can still be hip and cool like all the young people!" I just remember how she carried herself with such grace throughout the Evita and Ray of Light eras... That doesn't even compare to the Madonna of now.

That, with all the Gaga shade throughout the years (and yes, fellow Madonna fans, it was shade. Stop trying to spin it like Trump supporters try to spin everything he does as positive.), along with her weird and, frankly, cringey social media presence are all the reasons why she doesn't have as much respect. She is a legend, and she is an icon, but she's making herself into a joke. She needs to stop with the trend-following and million features on every album and the tacky aesthetic and have another Ray of Light or American Life era where she actually has something meaningful to say.

Well yeah and basically the thing with her is that she's very rude kind of person and basically she makes music that follow trends now. SHes trying too hard at this. Mdna and rebel heart. The whole beach I'm madonna thing with million collaborations of popular artists. Music video alone with Beyoncé Katy Perry Miley Cyrus Rita Ora Nicki Minaj is a perfect example. I cannot treat her serious anymore cause all she does now is trying to pander to gp but in most easy way there is.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

JusKeepBreathin
20 hours ago, Didymus said:

Can we just skip the Madonna thing and talk about how ****ing embarrassing, ill-informed, unprofessional and fundamentally unlikeable those excuses for female human beings are? :what:

I did.

I was so offended by what they said about both Madonna and Gaga that I just began to criticize the clip. I don't even know why Madonnanation posted this clip. I guess if you hate Gaga so much you can only hear the part where these women are shading Gaga. These women are giving Madonna so many backhanded and shady compliments.They are also putting words in her mouth. It was more insulting than praising her IMO.

I was actually thinking of editing my comment today to fit in with the posts until I read yours. 

I thought we were supposed to give our opinion on the clip posted. That's what the OP is asking for. It is literally the video and underneath "Thoughts on this."

But everyone keeps giving their opinion on the title of the post instead. :laughga:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

The media outlets reporting this keep saying they are fighting. Lady Gaga has said NOTHING about this. Plus the quotes aren't even the same. If you listen to them they are nothing a like. Just the 100 people in a room part. I ****ing love Madonna, and she is queen of pop, but she is problematic at times. 

Archived