Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Post Malone´s "Rockstar" Received an Illegitimate nomination at the Grammys

andy232000

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, JR Gg said:

Who said that :ohwell:

Learn how to read :ladyhaha:

Kelly + Pink had no hit songs while Better Now is actually a hit. Commercial performance is quite notable in this category 

You...

Kelly + pink had way better music than better now... so... yeah... just because they were not hits does not mean its bad... but I guess that what happens when you listen only to chart toppers and hits

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, nikola said:

Kelly + Pink had no hit songs while Better Now is actually a hit. Commercial performance is quite notable in this category 

You...

Kelly + pink had way better music than better now... so... yeah... just because they were not hits does not mean its bad... but I guess that what happens when you listen only to chart toppers and hits

Well someone's illiterate because I never said Kelly or P!nk's music is worse than better now. Just saying this category has a track record of awarding songs with good commercial performance. 

And as the original post that I quoted, the award HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VOCAL PERFORMANCE.

Fyi, I listen to more than just mainstream pop music. Kelly's and P!nk's music are underwhelming, and way more songs deserve compared to both of them. But guess what, someone only listens to big names.

I don't like Better Now, but stop quoting me when I'm stating facts and you can't seem to read.

StrawberryBlond
13 hours ago, JR Gg said:

Better Now is up for Best Pop Solo Performance. It does not judge vocals, and fyi the 'Vocal' here means that there're lyrics and not just instrumental. Don't go spreading your 'facts' when they are baseless thoughts.

Beck is a Grammy darling, and Kelly + Pink had no hit songs while Better Now is actually a hit. Commercial performance is quite notable in this category for many years now. You should really educate yourself before commenting.

There's no need to be rude to me and @nikola I know that vocal performance doesn't mean you have to have a Mariah Carey 8 octave range, but I'd noticed the nominees tend to mostly be for songs where the vocals are decently good at least. There must be some level of acceptability because if your recorded version was completely off-key, that wouldn't warrant such a nomination. I never said I knew the "facts," just how it looks to an onlooker observing the titles of the awards. And I know that the nominees tend to be hit-makers, but that doesn't mean there aren't hit-makers with good voices who are more deserving of such a nomination. That's all I'm saying.

Archived