đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Fame Hungry Gaga Back?

Bel Esprit

Featured Posts

Virgin Ryan
11 minutes ago, Bel Esprit said:

I'd be quite surprised if Boys Noize, Sophie and Bloodpop make a non-dance pop album though. :laughga:

:messga:

I forgot about them. 

I still think it's too risky for Gaga to make dance pop album especially after Joanne and ASIB. Maybe semi dance album then BAAM. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bel Esprit
5 minutes ago, Virgin Ryan said:

I forgot about them. 

I still think it's too risky for Gaga to make dance pop album especially after Joanne and ASIB. Maybe semi dance album then BAAM. 

She released Joanne after ARTPOP when it clearly wasn't very commercial. 

Find another hobby boo don't get yourself too worked up for somebody else's job

sweet but psycho 🔪

AStarIsBorn21
3 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

You are intentionally making this threads to provoke members. I’ve been following your threads and they are literally troll threads that have no serious topic or intentions. 

1yc9id.gif

8 hours ago, Bel Esprit said:

I care about Gaga's reputation and legacy. I need her to have THAT era to balance out her music career. 

Madonna did comebacks like this, like with Music and Confessions. Every career has ups and downs, Gaga could easily pull this off.

Runway
7 hours ago, Bel Esprit said:

This is great, but this is a soundtrack, a solo studio album will be the real test. 

I mean it's not like a soundtrack guarantees success?

And this is what people been saying since her the debut: that somehow the "next" album will be the real test for her lmao, and when she finds success it's suddenly not enough. 10 years later she is still at the top and somehow her legacy is still in doubt. I have to laugh

Guest ARTPOPSlays
8 hours ago, Bel Esprit said:

No RnB influences from Gaga, critics are biased towards poc artists and genres, but I want Gaga to stay in white genres and avoid criticisms of racism. 

I didn’t know we had white and black genres :selena:

JazzGa

Bruh it ain't heathy for your emotional state to be tied not only to the actions of 1 celebrity you cannot control, but even worse, the reactions of millions of GP listeners to that 1 celebrity, millions of people whose reactions you also cannot control. U don't "need" Gaga to do any of that. What u need is to get your self esteem from something you yourself does, not Gaga. 

Sorry for the tough love but you'll only set yourself up for more frustration and distress if your emotional state is tied that closely to Gaga doing what you imagine and performing like you dream of. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

LeJudas

Ava Max doesn't have nearly enough talent as Gaga does. Stop trying to make her happen as the "next Gaga" 

However they do look a teeny bit similar.

giskardsb
12 hours ago, Bel Esprit said:

I need Gaga to gain some new hits, and I mean #1 songs, I mean multiweek top 10s, I mean huge singles. I need it, I've had enough of others hogging the spotlight, now that Gaga has built herself up slowly but surely Post-ARTPOP into a formidable actress with a solid WW hit, I need her to reach deep inside of herself and get that energy she had while writing the fame and ****ing make it happen. I think Gaga must be hungry for it at this point, Joanne was clearly a passion project and not made to gain huge commercial success, but I hope she realizes that her musical legacy as of now is very frontloaded, and another smash era will even it out and silence her haters at least for an era. 

so much lately on GGD about what fans "need" from Gaga, rather than what Gaga needs from Gaga. What are her career goals, her desires, how she wants to grow in the future?  Do fans even care? 

there are more "haters" lately here than in the general public.   I get that many fans prefer an earlier incarnation of Gaga for various reasons, and there is nothing wrong with that, but as long as you keep projecting your own "needs" onto her she is never going to measure up or satisfy them.  People seem to enjoy setting themselves up for continuous disappointment.

However, requiring Gaga to achieve some level of success measurables so that you can feel better about yourself is not fair to her.

Stan bullshit is just that... bullshit.  your mental health will improve greatly if you stay far away from that crap.

giskardsb
11 hours ago, Didymus said:

I pretty much agree with everything in the post (very nice argument), except for this :hor: Like, Ariana has actually received a remarkable amount of critical acclaim since her debut, but especially with her last two albums :koons:

I know Sweetener is quite a controversial album among pop fans (who think it's mediocre, which I'm still surprised by) but critics almost unanimously pointed out that Ariana was drastically moving away from her previous "here's a bunch of songs I might release as singles" strategy and really delivered an album concept that was sonically and lyrically cohesive (I agree) and was probably one of the better pop albums that have been released these years.

That of course doesn't mean it doesn't have radio friendly hits, but I don't think Ariana can be included in your post's argumentation anymore. Her success on the radio aside, she's definitely found a way to unite both commercially attractive music as well as qualitative "album music", pleasing both public and critics. Isn't that a great model for pop stars to strive for?

Ariana is a talented girl.   I just wish she'd learn to enunciate her words, her continuous slurring and lack of understand-ability is holding her back from being a compete singer IMO.   

14 hours ago, Bel Esprit said:

I've been feeling so sad lately. If I'm being honest I tied a lot of my self esteem to Gaga and her success when I was younger and when ARTPOP happened I honestly went through a lot emotionally. Gaga went from being at the forefront of pop culture, to fighting for a place within it. Everything was about Katy and Miley, and since then Taylor, Adele, Beyoncé and Ariana have all had huge success, and to be quite frank I miss when Gaga's success was undeniable and God-like.

I hope Gaga can win an Oscar and have a smash era somehow next year. I need Gaga to gain some new hits, and I mean #1 songs, I mean multiweek top 10s, I mean huge singles. I need it, I've had enough of others hogging the spotlight, now that Gaga has built herself up slowly but surely Post-ARTPOP into a formidable actress with a solid WW hit, I need her to reach deep inside of herself and get that energy she had while writing the fame and ****ing make it happen. I think Gaga must be hungry for it at this point, Joanne was clearly a passion project and not made to gain huge commercial success, but I hope she realizes that her musical legacy as of now is very frontloaded, and another smash era will even it out and silence her haters at least for an era. 

I truly hope you can distance yourself from your idol and start looking at and acknowledge yourself as an individual. Let her be her own woman, and dismantle projecting your desires onto her. 

I honestly don't even react to these sorts of thing, but having written an academic paper on the subject of Little Monsters and the media discourse surrounding fan culture, I can truly project certain discrepancies when it comes to this community, regarding the persona and the person standing behind it.Seeing worrying about possible haters and caring about number projections, awards and similar issues, is baffling to me because it's not a fan culture to begin with, rather than a STAN-OFF. 

Echo I created.

Archived