Jump to content
Gaga Daily Youtube
life

Gaga: "I ran away from Stefani & put on a superhero cape called Lady Gaga"

Featured Posts

Lippoutou
19 hours ago, dit said:

Guys that other website made a thread about this thread :messga: 

 

What are you talking about ? Madonnanation?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoneGUY
13 minutes ago, Lippoutou said:

What are you talking about ? Madonnanation?

they're talking about atrl I'm pretty sure

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
dit
9 hours ago, Lippoutou said:

What are you talking about ? Madonnanation?

 

20 hours ago, Katie14 said:

pawsdown?

 

9 hours ago, Lippoutou said:

What are you talking about ? Madonnanation?

Guys I dont think we are aloud to say names of other websites on GGD. :ohno:But no it is not those websites u guys mentioned. It is a website with an acronym as it's name. It's popular. I hope you know which one :stalkga: 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ktaylor99
On 12/3/2018 at 12:57 AM, Didymus said:

Then why is she saying she couldn't do that until she met Bradley? :koons:

Because she’s in love with him. Isn’t it obvious?

This thread tho, this is why she doesn’t interact on social media.

It’s like you guys completely ignored her Netflix doc and her Yale talk.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MichaelSimpson7
On 12/2/2018 at 7:42 AM, Lippoutou said:

Yet in 2011 she shouted everywhere that Stefani and Gaga are the exact same person and if you called her Stefani you didn't understand anything. I don't know how to feel about it.

People can realise things about themselves over time. I would understand if she had said this a few weeks ago, but it was 8 years ago - when the world was still trying to figure out who "Lady Gaga" was. Everyone's confusion probably caused her to give that defiant response.

I think a lot of fans have trouble accepting that Gaga at the beginning of her career probably was a bit of a persona. I'm not saying everything she said was a lie and she was fooling everyone but she created an image of the superstar she wanted to be. It was a probably a battle for her, not wanting to disappoint her millions of fans who fell in love with the "Gaga" image and supported her throughout The Fame/Born This Way eras. This was probably a factor as to how unhappy she became during ARTPOP.

With Cheek To Cheek, Joanne and A Star Is Born, she is finally starting to feel comfortable and confident enough to strip everything back and show the world the raw her (Stefani). This is why she is so grateful for Tony Bennett.

Although Ally is obviously a fictional character, I think there are a lot of similarities in their career. I feel like she was subtly dropping hints to her fans throughout the movie - "I don't want to lose the part of me that's talented", "I don't wanna be ****ing blonde"

Edited by MichaelSimpson7
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
2School4Cool

I’m super late here, but watching this just made me think “I just love her so much.” I’m so happy for her that she’s reached this point in her life. I hope she knows her fans will always love her, whether she has us call her Gaga, Joanne, or Stefani. As much as I adore those early days, I adore her today even more :heart:

I feel invincible with my headphones on...
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alexander Levi
1 hour ago, MichaelSimpson7 said:

People can realise things about themselves over time. I would understand if she had said this a few weeks ago, but it was 8 years ago - when the world was still trying to figure out who "Lady Gaga" was. Everyone's confusion probably caused her to give that defiant response.

I think a lot of fans have trouble accepting that Gaga at the beginning of her career probably was a bit of a persona. I'm not saying everything she said was a lie and she was fooling everyone but she created an image of the superstar she wanted to be. It was a probably a battle for her, not wanting to disappoint her millions of fans who fell in love with the "Gaga" image and supported her throughout The Fame/Born This Way eras. This was probably a factor as to how unhappy she became during ARTPOP.

With Cheek To Cheek, Joanne and A Star Is Born, she is finally starting to feel comfortable and confident enough to strip everything back and show the world the raw her (Stefani). This is why she is so grateful for Tony Bennett.

Although Ally is obviously a fictional character, I think there are a lot of similarities in their career. I feel like she was subtly dropping hints to her fans throughout the movie - "I don't want to lose the part of me that's talented", "I don't wanna be ****ing blonde"

What was not talented about the early part of her career - referring to your last sentence? Her music videos had layers upon layers and her performances were intriguing. I feel like most people loved her because she wasn’t just a pin up doll singing about love - which is how she thinks she was portrayed back then. I really feel like she’s becoming who the public wants her to be - for me, it seems like she’s becoming more mainstream and conforming to an ideal. I wish we could get a sense of that anti-Hollywood Star we initially fell in love with.

I still love her to this day but the stuff she puts out now is more flashy (for me) than the early days. She has a great voice and it’s only been improving, but the depth of her music has become more shallow (no pun intended) and one-dimensional.

I just wish she could put that beautiful voice over something that makes us think as well.

Im not dissing ASIB/Joanne, btw. I think they are beautiful records. And I mean who knows how the next pop record will sound..

  • Like 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MichaelSimpson7
On 2/1/2019 at 6:07 AM, Alexander Levi said:

What was not talented about the early part of her career - referring to your last sentence? Her music videos had layers upon layers and her performances were intriguing. I feel like most people loved her because she wasn’t just a pin up doll singing about love - which is how she thinks she was portrayed back then. I really feel like she’s becoming who the public wants her to be - for me, it seems like she’s becoming more mainstream and conforming to an ideal. I wish we could get a sense of that anti-Hollywood Star we initially fell in love with.

I still love her to this day but the stuff she puts out now is more flashy (for me) than the early days. She has a great voice and it’s only been improving, but the depth of her music has become more shallow (no pun intended) and one-dimensional.

I just wish she could put that beautiful voice over something that makes us think as well.

Im not dissing ASIB/Joanne, btw. I think they are beautiful records. And I mean who knows how the next pop record will sound..

I didn't say she was not talented at the beginning of her career, but it was a lot more condensed than what she puts out now. She has spoken about how managers and producers at the beginning of her career wanted her to be more sexy and more "pop". She literally became a caricature of that image - super skinny, blonde, heavy makeup etc. Not to mention her debut album was a parody of all of that - singing about money, fame, paparazzi, champagne, mansions, yachts, boys. I don't know how you can say that stuff was deep and made you think but Joanne/ASIB is more shallow and one-dimensional.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
AJRocketMan

I strongly disagree with Joanne being shallow and one-dimensional, but I agree with A Star Is Born. Pretty much all of the songs are about relationships while most of Joanne isn’t like that at all. It’s so sad so many critics and fans criticized such a beautiful album while a reductive album like Reputation got so much praise. 😒

  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didymus
39 minutes ago, MichaelSimpson7 said:

I didn't say she was not talented at the beginning of her career, but it was a lot more condensed than what she puts out now. She has spoken about how managers and producers at the beginning of her career wanted her to be more sexy and more "pop". She literally became a caricature of that image - super skinny, blonde, heavy makeup etc. Not to mention her debut album was a parody of all of that - singing about money, fame, paparazzi, champagne, mansions, yachts, boys. I don't know how you can say that stuff was deep and made you think but Joanne/ASIB is more shallow and one-dimensional. 

And that's why so many people took an interest in her. She started out with high art commentary on pop culture while also putting her stamp on pop culture. The caricature was both appealing commercially but also artistically and intellectually, that's why I became a fan of hers :shrug: It was brilliant.

And now she's singing about how her sister falls for the wrong kind of guy over a country tune. It does feel like a decline in quality and inspiration from my perspective. Of course I also understand that a lot of fans here did not see FameGa as I saw her and only started stanning from the self-help pop persona (no shade intended) that she erected during BTW onwards so that's fine.

But I will always defend the deep and intellectual nature of her 2008-2010 days. Maybe a different kind of deep but still. She said herself she was only using pop music to bring avant-garde into mainstream culture. She even called herself the greatest con artist of fame. It makes sense. Every time she stepped out in public she was a different character and we knew next to nothing about her private life. She was the last great superstar because she understood what it took to be one. I don't blame her for quitting on that challenge because it must've been exhausting but to reduce that early time to just a few pop songs and a sexy image... I don't know, it seems criminal to my inner early fan boy :rip: It feels very reductive :chica:

Edited by Didymus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alexander Levi
7 hours ago, MichaelSimpson7 said:

I didn't say she was not talented at the beginning of her career, but it was a lot more condensed than what she puts out now. She has spoken about how managers and producers at the beginning of her career wanted her to be more sexy and more "pop". She literally became a caricature of that image - super skinny, blonde, heavy makeup etc. Not to mention her debut album was a parody of all of that - singing about money, fame, paparazzi, champagne, mansions, yachts, boys. I don't know how you can say that stuff was deep and made you think but Joanne/ASIB is more shallow and one-dimensional.

I’m just saying it’s more shallow as in her music now doesn’t have the layers of meaning. Joanne album is pretty straight forward... 🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
PinkPop

i love hearing her talk without no one screaming 'oscarrrr' - i know it's just the nature of a concert but it sounds so shallow

This felt so real and raw and I think we all understand that we run away from ourselves :(

Edited by PinkPop

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Born To Slay

I feel like In regard to these contradictions, it’s because she herself is confused. Which is fair. I think everyone contradicts who they are thru out life for that reason. Different ideas from different parts of society on who we are and what we’re supposed to be will do that to a person. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ziggy
On 12/2/2018 at 5:51 PM, giskardsb said:

Interesting how so many are happy when Gaga takes on "male" traits such as preconceived notions of "strength" and "desire" and "fortitude" and yet trash her for "female" traits such as emotion and empathy and gratefulness.

hidden mysogynism maybe?

For me, while I dont trash her for it, I don't think the way she plays up femininity is genuine oftentimes. She seems much more visibly at home with being a little brash and rock n roll. She can be feminine in that, but I also find it a bit backwards that when she's "feminine" she's only the most traditional forms of it: docile, meek, bashful, etc. I would associate none of those things with Gaga and she doesn't seem totally comfortable playing it up either.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...
1111