💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn Mendes on being called gay

Borislshere

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

lets put things into perspective. im calling you a murderer, but you arent. so by your logic, you are the one who has internalized whatever-murder-phobia because you know you're not a murderer, but as long as i keep saying it, you are a murderer and that makes it valid, and makes you phobic and offensive.

also, de-evaluating struggles... my friend, non-queer people have huge struggles too, i cant even with that comment :toofunny:

If you think that being gay is on the same level as murderer, you have issues of your own bud.

If you want to put it into perspective, pick something that's on the same level as being gay. Good luck with finding something like that without coming off as a snowflake though.

it wasn't laaaahv

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antichrist
1 minute ago, Manul said:

If you think that being gay is on the same level as murderer, you have issues of your own bud.

If you want to put it into perspective, pick something that's on the same level as being gay. Good luck with finding something like that without coming off as a snowflake though.

was waiting for a comment like this.

that's not my intention, i picked the most extreme case to try & prove a point. but then again GGD isn't known for being open-minded, let's be honest :ladyhaha:

Borislshere
3 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Why are kids so worried about school mates calling them gay and want to commit suicide? Like if they are not gay, they are not gay. Sorry but what you wrote is ignorant. When someone says he’s not gay, no one has rights to call him gay. You should turn the tables and say “Why are people calling him gay? Like if he said he’s not, he’s not”. It is giving him anxiety and insecurities CLEARLY. 

He’s already stated in the past that he’s not gay. Why does he keep mentioning it?? It’s not like gay Shawn Mendes rumors are making headlines everyday for him to address it. I rarely ever see anyone calling him gay anymore. 

And what’s ignorant is your shitty comparison to those who actually are being bullied face to face everyday to thhe point where they do commit suicide. Good f*cking bye with that sh*t. 

Regina George
4 minutes ago, Manul said:

If someone is claiming you are something that you are not.. And even after you said million times that you are not that, they keep saying you are - then it is offensive. Whatever “that” is. 

2 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

that's not my intention, i picked the most extreme case to try & prove a point. but then again GGD isn't known for being open-minded, let's be honest :ladyhaha:

Thank you for saying that! 

MJHolland
1 minute ago, Antichrist said:

do we not live on the same planet? literally almost every single straight person is lol

You would only be upset about gay rumors if you think being gay is a bad thing. Period. 

Shawn likes to say that people should leave his sexuality alone because it does not impact their lives. That's fair.

What Shawn should really ask himself, though, is why people's speculation about his sexuality impacts his life?

It's because Shawn is projecting his inherent homophobia onto his fans. He demands we stop talking about his sexuality because he thinks being called gay is a bad thing. 

I know he doesn't want/need it, but my advise to Shawn is this: you can't control what other people say/think about you -- just live your life and stop worrying about something out of your control.

Miracle
8 minutes ago, Antichrist said:

lets put things into perspective. im calling you a murderer, but you arent. so by your logic, you are the one who has internalized whatever-murder-phobia because you know you're not a murderer, but as long as i keep saying it, you are a murderer and that makes it valid, and makes you phobic and offensive.

also, de-evaluating struggles... my friend, non-queer people have huge struggles too, i cant even with that comment :toofunny:

I'm talking about queer struggles.

Luke78619
12 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Another thing, why is he so worried about people calling him gay? Like if you’re not, you’re not. No need try so hard to get people to change their opinions on you. The fact that he tries to be seen in public with a girl just so people think he’s straight is bothering me so much. I hope the women he uses for this are also in on what he’s doing. 

I imagine he’s constantly told to come out on social media, people telling him that he’s gay, and all the shenanigans. 

This whole thing is well known and has been happening for months, so if someone gets these messages or whatever for this long and not stopping anytime soon, then I wouldn’t be surprised if they were p*ssed off, insecure about it or just fed up

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Regina George
Just now, Borislshere said:

He’s already stated in the past that he’s not gay. Why does he keep mentioning it?? It’s not like gay Shawn Mendes rumors are making headlines everyday for him to address it. I rarely ever see anyone calling him gay anymore. 

And what’s ignorant is your shitty comparison to those who actually are being bullied face to face everyday to thhe point where they do commit suicide. Good f*cking bye with that sh*t. 

They keep asking him about that. They asked him about those claims in this interview. He is not mentioning that himself. If he refused to comment, they would write that and it would cause more speculation. Verbal, physical or ANY type of bullying is THE SAME. Don’t come here claiming that internet speculations and millions of people talking and shaming someone is not causing him to feel all kinds of ways! Your ignorance is beyond. And keep it nice.

Luke78619
1 minute ago, MJHolland said:

What Shawn should really ask himself, though, is why people's speculation about his sexuality impacts his life?

Because it’s 24/7 in his life :green:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Just now, Antichrist said:

Just now, ReginaGeorge said:

If someone is claiming you are something that you are not.. And even after you said million times that you are not that, they keep saying you are - then it is offensive. Whatever “that” is. 

Thank you for saying that! 

You pick an extreme case that has serious consequences against a completely unrelated and harmless one.

Boy oh boy, must be fun arguing or trying to solve issues with you two.

giphy.gif

it wasn't laaaahv

Antichrist
Just now, MJHolland said:

You would only be upset about gay rumors if you think being gay is a bad thing. Period. 

Shawn likes to say that people should leave his sexuality alone because it does not impact their lives. That's fair.

It's because Shawn is projecting his inherent homophobia onto his fans. He demands we stop talking about his sexuality because he thinks being called gay is a bad thing. 

I know he doesn't want/need it, but my advise to Shawn is this: you can't control what other people say/think about you -- just live your life and stop worrying about something out of your control.

you would certainly not be upset about gay rumours only if you'd think being gay is bad. there's this thing called lying about people & about who they are, so... honestly if someone would call me straight i'd be pissed as ****, and i don't think being straight is wrong, but i'm simply not straight, so why should someone talk lies about me? same thing applies to shawn.

why people's speculation about his sexuality impacts his life? well, that's a good one. my answer is because he's human, and not everyone has the solid concrete self-esteem and can just brush anything off & go on with their every day life.

his inherent homophobia... i'm pretty sure he's been quite LGBT supportive since ages ago, so i'm not sure what you're trying to go at there.

agree with the last sentence though, but as i've said, we're all human, it can get the best of any of us, just because he's famous doesn't mean he has to be flawless 100% of the time

GagaMyBlood95

I must say that I actually know quite a lot of guys who dress up super tight, fashionable, take great care of their hair etc. and are straight.

I also know a lot of guys who act a bit more feminine and are also straight.

I don't see why Shawn can't be exactly that... Even if he is gay and he just doesn't feel comfortable in saying it for whatever reason, no one should force him to do so.

Antichrist

You pick an extreme case that has serious consequences against a completely unrelated and harmless one.

giphy.gif

and you're adding nothing to the discussion. and i'm not trying to be mean, trying to talk about it, so what exactly is your point?

Regina George

giphy.gif

Give it up honestly. You know what he meant but you still choose to argue and be this ignorant. I gave you example that is perfectly fine and not offensive at all but here you are putting mean girls gifs trying to make a point. Thank you, next. 

IMO If someone tells you they are straight then you should respect that, whether you even believe it or not shouldn't even come into the equation. He has explained and been very honest about his feelings, and the fact that he feels like has to change the way he acts just so people will leave him alone is a really crap thing. I don't know why people would want to continue to knowingly make someone feel pressure like that.

Yea, in an ideal scenario he would be confident enough to not let it affect him and just be himself. But don't forget he's only 20 years old and he gets literally thousands of comments like this daily that label him as something he doesn't feel he is- of course it's going to cause self doubts and insecurities :shrug: I don't think thats the same as him having negative views of being gay.

Archived