Featured Posts

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Head Empty
13 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Fragile masculinity :(

11 minutes ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

I wish men were more comfortable with showing emotions. It's sad what society has done to them. 

Isn't showing emotion exactly what Shawn is doing in this interview? He literally throws his insecurities onto the table for thousands to read.

Yet somehow this is now also being labelled as "gay". The problem in this case isn't fragile masculinity, it's rigid stereotyping.

And even IF he were gay (which I am NOT implying) - it's not anyone's place to put those words in his mouth. Let people be their own judge - figuring out your identity is hard enough without this nonsense.

1 minute ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Isn't showing emotion exactly what Shawn is doing in this interview? He literally throws his insecurities onto the table for thousands to read.

Exactly.

Fantastic response, what a great guy.

Miracle

I don't feel bad about him being scarerd of being called feminine or gay. I'm sorry. That's white straight men bullshit. Feeling guilty about it doesn't hide the fact that this statements has several layers of internalized homophobia. In spite of this particular interview, I do think people should stop playing role-playing with this guy's identity. The first ones playing with his identity are his mates from their management team (collecting that pink money whenever they can). Maybe he'd feel free without the pressure of catering gay audiences and making it seem look like he's not straight for the money. That'd would be a good start.

Regina George
35 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

“I was like, ‘****, why did I let her post that?’ I just fed the fire that I’m terrified of.”

Oh Shawn :saladga: Guys just give him a break please...  

Head Empty
1 minute ago, Miracle said:

I don't feel bad about him being scarerd of being called feminine or gay. I'm sorry. That's white straight men bullshit.

Insecurities don't always make sense, and he even admits that he hates how something like that causes him to be insecure.

Queen Bitch

All the gays need to leave him the fck alone. Who cares if he's gay? It doesn't matter if he's gay. It doesn't matter if he's bi or pan or any other sexuality, it's not like any of us would ever have a chance with him anyway. 

Regina George
4 minutes ago, Miracle said:

I don't feel bad about him being scarerd of being called feminine or gay. I'm sorry. That's white straight men bullshit.

Did you feel okay when and if straight guys called you gay (when you weren’t out yet) in school? Give up the hypocrisy. Even gay guys feel insecure when someone who knows notiing about them calls them gay because it’s none of their’s business. Whatever he feels and whatever he is, just give him a ****ing break.

Miracle
3 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Insecurities don't always make sense, and he even admits that he hates how something like that causes him to be insecure.

That doesn't mean I have to feel bad for his internalized homophobia. I acknowledge and I think it's bad the way his casual fans and fanbase are patronizing towards his career but he's still showing a negativity towards feminity and queerness that's harmful to the community.

34 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

No straight guy is that terrified of gay rumors.

I do feel bad for her though.

Don’t be a drag, just be a queen, hunty!

She’ll come out when she’s ready.

Not true. At his age, I would say that the opposite is real. 

Chickens in Malibu
31 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

No straight guy is that terrified of gay rumors.

I do feel bad for her though.

Don’t be a drag, just be a queen, hunty!

She’ll come out when she’s ready.

This is really irresponsible, invasive and rude of you to say.

You don't get to judge or determine what people want to be.

If he says he's not gay, move along. It's none of anyone's business.

I'm sick of this mob mentality from some members of the LGBT community who just want to force people to admit they are gay, when they're not. It does not reflect well in the community. And it is prejudice. It's just as bad as those gay conversion therapies where people try to force others to believe they're not gay.

Miracle
2 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Did you feel okay when and if straight guys called you gay (when you weren’t out yet) in school? Give up the hypocrisy. Even gay guys feel insecure when someone who knows notiing about them calls them gay because it’s none of their’s business. Whatever he feels and whatever he is, just give him a ****ing break.

I edited the comment to further explain myself but don't go that route and don't ever compare the experiences of a famous straight person with a stupid fanbase to those of bullied gay kids because you're devaluating the struggle queer people have to go through just for being queer for...Shawn Mendes. 

I don't feel insecure if someone calls me gay in a non-insulting / humilliating way. If you feel like that, you might want to set an appointment with a therapist, but I'm not blaming you because you're gay and you've gone through the experiences a gay person have to go through. They're just marketing himself as gay to get the pink money. I don't blame him, I  blame his marketing team and the mysoginistic people of the world.

xoxo

Regina George

Guys what the hell are you all doing? You are literally forcing someone to come out? Isn’t that what bullies did ti almost all of you? Why do you think it’s okay to constantly claim someone is gay even if that person clearly doesn’t want that? Y’all don’t know how serious this is. 

Miracle
1 minute ago, nicolasrumet said:

This is really irresponsible, invasive and rude of you to say.

You don't get to judge or determine what people want to be.

If he says he's not gay, move along. It's none of anyone's business.

I'm sick of this mob mentality from some members of the LGBT community who just want to force people to admit they are gay, when they're not. It does not reflect well in the community. And it is prejudice. It's just as bad as those gay conversion therapies where people try to force others to believe they're not gay.

This is starting to get on my nerves. Read a book. Go to your local LGBT 101 webpage

Archived