1. 1. choose one

• yes
    • no

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

Darling I never said she is wrong about what she stands for. On the contrary, in my 30s I am a vivid supporter. But as a teenager watching this video made me feel guilty because I stanned Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, tan and creams and dollies. That's why I told I did not feel her as a gay icon. I felt her more like a social rebel.

What spoke to you as a teenager may have been hyper femininity, glamour, and fabulousness, but some gay teenagers are drawn to icons who celebrate androgyny, rebelliousness, and misfits. There are different kinds of queer icons who appeal to different kinds of queer people.

Setting aside your personal feelings for Pink, I think it's fairly obvious she is a gay icon.

Mister Money

Yes she definitely is a gay icon

People saying no are highly delusional which tells me alot about this forum :laughga:

That J

I said yes because she is for me and I'm gay. Lol 

While some of her music could stand some diversity, she does bring some anthems to the party and she does so in a deviant suck it if you dont like it attitude. Shes like softcore punk and I could see that attitude being important for young gay kids who need to steady their stance so to speak. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Archived