💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Joanne Monster

AStarIsBorn21

Featured Posts

AStarIsBorn21
6 minutes ago, PrincessVenus said:

So wouldn't that put it in the same category as Shallow ( not that it's a Queen rip off lol, but that it's rock) which is apparently pop (at least that's what a ton of LM's have said). Not trying to be shady, just asking. Also minus You and I, what other songs wouldn't be pop AT ALL, like you said. I get that like Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, Scheisse etc. are more electropop, but thats still pop. There are multiple songs on Joanne like Sinner's Prayer, Just Another Day, and I'd even argue Come To Mama and Angel Down, that aren't pop. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed Joanne, but it's not, at least imo, a pop record. I will agree w u on the last point tho lol.

Shallow isn’t pop. :triggered: It was popular, if that’s what they mean by “pop”, but genre wise it’s nothing like anything on the radio, and most of the GP considers it country-rock (ex. That guy on adults react :laughga:). Also, Let’s look at Electric Chapel. To me, It sounds nothing like “pop” music. That’s basically an electro-rock record right there. The only thing that throws people off is her voice. If she sang that now, with her much more mature vocals, there would be no confusion as to the legitimacy of its non-popness. Her voice at the time though was just so light and “poppy”. And yeah, regarding Joanne, I agree mostly with what you said. And CTM/JAD sounds very reminiscent of 60’s pop, especially JAD. 

ChromaticPrincess
1 minute ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

Shallow isn’t pop. :triggered: It was popular, if that’s what they mean by “pop”, but genre wise it’s nothing like anything on the radio, and most of the GP considers it country-rock (ex. That guy on adults react :laughga:). Also, Let’s look at Electric Chapel. To me, It sounds nothing like “pop” music. That’s basically an electro-rock record right there. The only thing that throws people off is her voice. If she sang that now, with her much more mature vocals, there would be no confusion as to the legitimacy of its non-popness. Her voice at the time though was just so light and “poppy”. And yeah, regarding Joanne, I agree mostly with what you said. And CTM/JAD sounds very reminiscent of 60’s pop, especially JAD. 

I totally agree, but if you go to the thread where it said that Top 40 were refusing to play here a ton of people said it was pop. Also yeah as soon as I wrote that I went to check the BTW tracklist and I had forgotten it existed (still a great song tho). So yeah TECHNICALLY speaking it has songs that aren't pop (the electro sounds in EC make it sound electropop-ish imo), but overall I'd still call it a pop record. But if you wouldn't that's fine too, you're entitled to your own opinion

✹oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✹

TimisaMonster
8 hours ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

Ok bb. Also she’s working with techno and electronic producers so... :vegas: If you consider this pop then you’ll be satisfied. 

Sophie is clanging trash cans in my ears...I don't like her music sorry :oops:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

monketsharona
10 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Just as I was getting over Frankensteined :selena: Tnx :selena:

That song needs to be released

AStarIsBorn21
2 hours ago, Andreu said:

Deep blue is Shallow don't @ me

Different lyrics but I get you. Maybe it’s an IWBWY/Dope thing. 

AStarIsBorn21
10 hours ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

Is the title What's Wrong (with Love) real because I live for that:messga:

No :messga: I just remeber that recording of her in the studio where it sounds like that’s what she was saying... People were saying she said blood though. :vegas:

Archived