đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Brian Newman ft. Lady Gaga

Neight Shayde

Featured Posts

Noel Sanchez
12 hours ago, Ziggy said:

And it works well on some songs and not others. For instance: Anything Goes and They All Laughed? Hell, even ICGYABL? Great. It works very well. Nature Boy it would not have and she exhibited the forethought to what serves that song best and largely restrained herself.

Being a good vocalist is a lot more than just belting it and showing off because you can. It’s about communicating something through your performance. What *exactly* was communicated in this rendition of the song compared to, say, Bang Bang or Lush Life? Not a whole lot. It felt, to me, like she didn’t study the song very much and just came in and put flourishes on it to mask that rather than use the flourishes to specific effect like she does on INLA or even her own songs like Hey Girl, Speechless, etc.

It’s chill. I love Gaga and her voice. She doesn’t need to be Mariah Carrey. 

You’re opinion is wrong 

you are the minority 

the masses/the majority love this version

if you don’t 

go listen to the boring/basic one you like 

and carry on 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Noel Sanchez said:

You’re opinion is wrong 

you are the minority 

the masses/the majority love this version

if you don’t 

go listen to the boring/basic one you like 

and carry on 

There’s nothing wrong with having a different opinion on something like this. He calmly explained his views and provided examples as well. Like... please practice a bit more patience and kindness, mate. <3

aaronyoji

honestly the more i listen to it, the more amazing it gets. like, some of y'all are wack and have no taste lol it is really good u guys...

her belting no where near becomes screaming, she has so much control and resonance in her tone, no soul? get outta here. she starts from a fragile, sorrowful state and escalates with the rest of the song, the progression is natural and reminds me of her bang bang cover/performance on pbs, but with even more vocal range and vocal acrobatics. 

its not gonna sound like the nina simone version, thats not why she remade it. its not gonna sound like the lana version. or any other. it was meant to have this rat pack, 40s film noir tone to it which u can clearly here in the effect of her mic which i think is a lovely touch. she took on a classic song that has been remade so many times and commands it, and makes it her own. that is hard to do. its like what she did with her four non blondes cover, or her sting tribute. 

WhiteShadow90
On 11/20/2018 at 9:46 AM, aaronyoji said:

honestly the more i listen to it, the more amazing it gets. like, some of y'all are wack and have no taste lol it is really good u guys...

her belting no where near becomes screaming, she has so much control and resonance in her tone, no soul? get outta here. she starts from a fragile, sorrowful state and escalates with the rest of the song, the progression is natural and reminds me of her bang bang cover/performance on pbs, but with even more vocal range and vocal acrobatics. 

its not gonna sound like the nina simone version, thats not why she remade it. its not gonna sound like the lana version. or any other. it was meant to have this rat pack, 40s film noir tone to it which u can clearly here in the effect of her mic which i think is a lovely touch. she took on a classic song that has been remade so many times and commands it, and makes it her own. that is hard to do. its like what she did with her four non blondes cover, or her sting tribute. 

Gotta agree. I thought it was ok at first, but after a few listens I think it so good!!!!

giskardsb

I think whats throwing people off is that she's not using the same vocal timber and style she used in C2C.  I like this version better because for once it sounds like Gaga singing jazz, and not Gaga trying to sound like Ella or Billie or anyone else.

She hasn't rounded off the top of her voice as much, more head voice, and a bit of her natural "edge" that she has.  The recording quality is good, you just arn't used to that kind of edgy high end in Gaga's jazz vocals.   I think it's awesome and hope if she does revisit her work with Tony that she uses this voice more.   

I love that she's doing almost a Torch jazz interpretation with this one.

The arrangement is giving me vibes of one of my favorite jazz vocalists, Holly Cole.  Check out her killer version of "Trust in Me" from the Jungle book.

Archived