💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"Before I Cry" should get more appreciation!

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirages
21 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Thank You! I honestly love Heal Me and HBF too, but BIC is where its at! 

That's what's up! That's what's up! 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

GhettoFabulous
4 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

If Before I Cry makes you cringe, WDYDT must make you spontaneously combust.

Tea it does most of the “bops” on that album do :lana::madge:

1 hour ago, andy69em said:

I also like the outro, and I feel like the random tense change kind of shows that Gaga is stuck between two worlds: one in which she is still with the person she's addressing in the song and their relationship is still unfolding in the present tense ("have you said what you wanted to say?"), but then another world where the relationship is over, the lover gone, and she must ask about the relationship in the past tense ("did you say what you wanted to say?")... 

She's kind of wavering in between belief and disbelief that something is really over, and the change to past tense serves as a kind of melancholic reminder to herself that it's all gone and over.

This is a beautiful way to explain it, exactly what I was looking to read! Thank youuu :heart:

Gagadonna

It's sadly so so underrated, it's one of the best songs off the record, if not of her entire discography :heart:

Space Cowboy
4 hours ago, HorusRa2 said:

This is my favorite part of the whole album even though the song itself is among my least favorite on the album. 

Right? Same here.

I go thru phases with many of the songs not in the forefront of the album's promotion. But I have to admit, when in my BIC phase, that song sure sticks in my head!

Watch As I Dive In

crisTEAne

it was my first fave off the soundtrack. :whitney:

it's amazing. people hating on it are tasteless, tbh. :bon:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

It’s the one I skip most. Okay lyrics but I just find it generic and less satisfying than the others. Dunno why :/ Just never really liked it

TopazBlue
13 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Yes it should.....

gaga_REALLY_TRIGGERED.png

impacT :green:

🌈 Born this way, baby! 🌈 | JWT 💙 Aug 21 ⚡ ENIGMA 💙 Oct 19

nswain1110

Thanks for making this! BIC is one of my favorite songs on the album. I love the production, vocals, the chorus, it's a pretty epic song. Shame that it has some of the lowest streams, which is probably due it not being featured anywhere in the movie at all. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

ModernEcstasy
2 hours ago, Rio said:

It’s the one I skip most. Okay lyrics but I just find it generic and less satisfying than the others. Dunno why :/ Just never really liked it

You guys throw “generic” around so much these days that it has lost all meaning. 

Before I cry is better than most music in the charts right now! 

Archived