Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"Before I Cry" should get more appreciation!

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

THE OUTRO IS EVERYTHING

She sings in that whispery tone that reminds me of the very soft “I’ll fix you with my love” at the end of The Cure

Also, I’m so curious about the lyrics, why would she intentionally ask the same question twice?

”Have you said what you wanted to say? Did you say what you wanted to say?”

Like they’re in a different tense, it’s so random...

And the first part, “Have I said what I needed to say?”

Because needs and wants are different, right? Am I overanalysing this?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, MEM said:

Also, I’m so curious about the lyrics, why would she intentionally ask the same question twice?

Well, you're not alone :vegas:

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

KatieJudasGaga4
1 hour ago, guyzplzstaph said:

WDYDT is at least a bop. This is just bad, if I could I would erase it completely :oops: 

giphy.gif

OMG surprise, another person boldly comes forward with claims that the most unpopular song on a Gaga album is actually good and unappreciated?

Somebody set their alarm to make a thread about how "The Queen" is actually good next week.

BlingNotTheMusic

The way she says “lose me tooo” reminds me of a Disney channel song or something. And the whole song has this wanna-be Yoü and I vibe that I just can’t get into. It just isn’t at the same caliber as the rest of the songs, it seems like a Katy Perryish Gaga song :ladyhaha:

Legit the only song from the OST I always skip. :huntyga:

BlingNotTheMusic
5 minutes ago, andy69em said:

OMG surprise, another person boldly comes forward with claims that the most unpopular song on a Gaga album is actually good and unappreciated?

Somebody set their alarm to make a thread about how "The Queen" is actually good next week.

...but it is though...

The Queen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Before I Cry

3 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

...but it is though...

The Queen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Before I Cry

lol, i agree. i personally have always loved the queen and think it's as good as "Speechless" and a million times better than "Million Reasons" (sue me)... but i just think these "shock threads" where people just make a basic claim that a really unpopular song is good (and that's about all--no reasoning or lines of argumentation, etc.) are a little overdone.

1 hour ago, MEM said:

THE OUTRO IS EVERYTHING

She sings in that whispery tone that reminds me of the very soft “I’ll fix you with my love” at the end of The Cure

I also like the outro, and I feel like the random tense change kind of shows that Gaga is stuck between two worlds: one in which she is still with the person she's addressing in the song and their relationship is still unfolding in the present tense ("have you said what you wanted to say?"), but then another world where the relationship is over, the lover gone, and she must ask about the relationship in the past tense ("did you say what you wanted to say?")... 

She's kind of wavering in between belief and disbelief that something is really over, and the change to past tense serves as a kind of melancholic reminder to herself that it's all gone and over.

KatieJudasGaga4
23 minutes ago, andy69em said:

lol, i agree. i personally have always loved the queen and think it's as good as "Speechless" and a million times better than "Million Reasons" (sue me)... but i just think these "shock threads" where people just make a basic claim that a really unpopular song is good (and that's about all--no reasoning or lines of argumentation, etc.) are a little overdone.

Well, firstly, I did give a reason, saying that her vocals on it were amazing, but go off I guess.

Secondly, "Shock Threads" really? Not shocking anyone, just giving my opinion, you should probably search the word opinion on google so you can understand the word "opinion" more. :bye:

KatieJudasGaga4
25 minutes ago, andy69em said:

And you just did a "Shock Post" by your logic. Saying The Queen in a million times better than MR, while YOU didn't give any reasoning or explanation...so

10 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

And you just did a "Shock Post" by your logic. Saying The Queen in a million times better than MR, while YOU didn't give any reasoning or explanation...so

:triggered: Not really, because I wasn't offering up my "shocking" opinions as something worth having a group discussion on. I was mentioning my opinion of "The Queen" because I didn't want my original response to be misunderstood as disagreeing that some of these songs are very good, when what I was really trying to say was "If so many people are going to continue making threads like this, can they at least go a bit more in depth on their thoughts so that we have something more to discuss than 'IT IS GOOD'vs'NO IT'S NOT RLY!'"

Mirages

@KatieJudasGaga4 preach :tony: honestly I can't believe people like Heal Me more than BIC (and HBF). BIC is that song when it comes to the pop music on the album. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

13 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Well, firstly, I did give a reason, saying that her vocals on it were amazing, but go off I guess.

Secondly, "Shock Threads" really? Not shocking anyone, just giving my opinion, you should probably search the word opinion on google so you can understand the word "opinion" more. :bye:

I'm sorry if my post seemed harsh or personal. :o It was less about this thread specifically than it was a general trend that is well-established. 

I sometimes act too sassy for my own good.

KatieJudasGaga4
11 minutes ago, Mirages said:

@KatieJudasGaga4 preach :tony: honestly I can't believe people like Heal Me more than BIC (and HBF). BIC is that song when it comes to the pop music on the album. 

Thank You! I honestly love Heal Me and HBF too, but BIC is where its at! 

Archived