Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

“Roma” will win the Oscars, ASIB only best original song

Kimmo

Featured Posts

smokeandhush

Oh my god when all of you talk about Gaga winning an Oscar, i thought you guys were just talking about Original Song. But do you guys actually think she’s gonna win Best Actress?? :giveup: She really wasn’t that good. Don’t set yourselves up for disappointment. It’s a huge accomplishment for her just to be nominated. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mulholland
Just now, Kimmo said:

I doesn’t matter if the film sales tickets lmao it just has to be released to be nominated. At this point Netflix can care less if sales 3 tickets at the box office, they’re just pushing it to the Oscars. And yes no foreign film has ever won BP but is getting close every year. We might be surprised this year :vegas:

Just like there was no musicality win BP and Chicago changed that 

I didn't say Netflix cares about the theatrical $$$ haul, because you are right, they do not. But they are compromising on their release strategy, which shows they know what they've been doing for years hasn't been working. But it's relevant that most people will watch the film on Netflix, because, as I said, most people (critics, experts) have said the film really needs to be seen on a big screen to be appreciated. People watching at home with their significant others, pets, kids, phones, and other distractions... on a laptop in some cases... are going to have a very hard time connecting to the film, if they even decide to start it. 

Again, I am not saying Roma has no shot at BP. I think it will probably get nominated. I just don't think it's anywhere near a lock for winner/frontrunner. It has a lot working for it, but a lot working against it too. 

1 minute ago, CannaeDrive said:

Roma will be nominated in Best Foreign Language Film, so no competition for BP.

Lmao too late is already being voted as a competitor for Best Picture so there’s that for you ...:vegas:

Hottie Detector

GypsyBabe
2 minutes ago, smokeandhush said:

Oh my god when all of you talk about Gaga winning an Oscar, i thought you guys were just talking about Original Song. But do you guys actually think she’s gonna win Best Actress?? :giveup: She really wasn’t that good. Don’t set yourselves up for disappointment. It’s a huge accomplishment for her just to be nominated. 

Did we watch the same movie? :oprah:

All the actors, critics, directors, and industry people would disagree. 

⚯͛

1 minute ago, Mulholland said:

I didn't say Netflix cares about the theatrical $$$ haul, because you are right, they do not. But they are compromising on their release strategy, which shows they know what they've been doing for years hasn't been working. But it's relevant that most people will watch the film on Netflix, because, as I said, most people (critics, experts) have said the film really needs to be seen on a big screen to be appreciated. People watching at home with their significant others, pets, kids, phones, and other distractions... on a laptop in some cases... are going to have a very hard time connecting to the film, if they even decide to start it. 

Again, I am not saying Roma has no shot at BP. I think it will probably get nominated. I just don't think it's anywhere near a lock for winner/frontrunner. It has a lot working for it, but a lot working against it too. 

5hQS.gif

Hottie Detector

KleinGa

Roma can take the Best Picture, all I want is Best Actress and Best Original Song. I just want acclaim for Gaga, don't really care how the overall movie performs 

Jollibee
1 minute ago, Kimmo said:

So musicals can only win the musical category? 

Guys please read how The Academy works. 

All films that get nominated is eligible to be picked for BP, musicals, foreign films, animated films, from there they choose who is entering the category (usually four films) depending on which one gets higher votes 

But you should also know the history of foreign language films at the Oscars. No foreign films have won the BP since it's inclusion. So that's ZERO percent win. So saying it WILL WIN THE OSCARS is incorrectly worded. I would say MIGHT WIN THE OSCARS.

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, KleinGa said:

Roma can take the Best Picture, all I want is Best Actress and Best Original Song. I just want acclaim for Gaga, don't really care how the overall movie performs 

It’s crazy how this time last year we were all doubting a best actress nomination would even be in the cards. Now it’s expected. Our girl did THAT. :tony:

⚯͛

2 minutes ago, Mulholland said:

Oh, I get your points. I just think they're wrong. 

That’s fine with me :reductive:

Hottie Detector

3 minutes ago, The Cure said:

But you should also know the history of foreign language films at the Oscars. No foreign films have won the BP since it's inclusion. So that's ZERO percent win. So saying it WILL WIN THE OSCARS is incorrectly worded. I would say MIGHT WIN THE OSCARS.

Just like there was ZERO chances of a musical winning Best Picture and then Chicago happen ...:trollga:

Hottie Detector

Honey, there's no Roma roma ma ma without Gaga ooh lala... she's winning that.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Jollibee
Just now, Kimmo said:

Just like there was ZERO chances of a musical winning Best Picture and then Chicago happen ...:trollga:

That's why I said you worded it incorrectly. It might win but not will win. It's possibility not a guarantee. Also, ASIB is not really a musical film. 

11 minutes ago, smokeandhush said:

:triggered: ... You’re entitled to your wrong opinion sis. I thought Gaga’s acting was amazing, and everyone I know who has seen it (and isn’t a biased Gaga fan) agrees.

Archived