Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

I don't like the vocals on 'Shallow'

Notget

Featured Posts

RudraCNG
2 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

They probably mastered the vocals just for the trailer and wanted to keep the live one for the album since it's the vibe they were going for with the cheering and everything. I just love what we got to be honest, I don't get why fans always get bothered by little details.

I mean I'm not mad at it. I just prefer the "old" version, I can't help it :ohno:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Madam Margolyes

Her vocal delivery is supposed to serve the story. She was nervous and had to do an impromptu performance, totally unprepared for it. And her nervousness showed, not only in facial expressions, but also in her vocals. Queen of acting indeed :nooo:

Also notice how Jack and Ally talked about the wrong key, the tempo that was too fast, etc after performing Shallow. It wasn’t meant to be a spotless performance, but merely to move the story forward, organically :vegas:

KatieJudasGaga4
15 hours ago, RudraCNG said:

Tbh I prefer MUCH more the vocals in that first trailer

At 1.58.

Idk why they changed it, the final version sounds worse IMO.

I actually prefer the version we have now, like I love the rasp in her voice, but at the end of it, it wouldn't really fit the next part of the song and she keeps going in the new version and that fits perfectly.

gagarox

Do u really know how liddos have craved to see this gaga success for the past 5 years? u r perhaps a newbie monster post SB era... at this point we have to take whatever chart success we can get.  

OT While listening on youtube i automatically fast forward the song to 2 minutes so that i can avoid bradley's completely 

ryhanna

Gotta disagree. Shallow's one of her best vocal performances to date, imo. I got chills when I first heard it. 

Bad Kids
2 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I actually prefer the version we have now, like I love the rasp in her voice, but at the end of it, it wouldn't really fit the next part of the song and she keeps going in the new version and that fits perfectly.

omg it sounds so different! :O i love it omg

And when you say my name, like white horses on the waves, I think it feels the same, as an ocean in my veins.

Gagas1Person

Well, there are some movie versions that are better than the studio and Shallow is one of these.

I didn't choose Gaga, Gaga chose me

Archived