đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Why ASIB w/ Beyonce didn't happen

Borislshere

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

I don't get it. It's not like Bey had an unexpected pregnancy. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gypsy101
16 hours ago, NCgaga said:

This false narrative that “Beyoncé is arguably the most respected musician out there” needs to stop, like yesterday. Beyoncé is not the best thing that has ever happened to pop culture. She hasn’t even had a hit song in years. She’s an amazing performer and a good album seller. But to put her on this pedestal as though she is the best thing to happen this decade, is why the beehive is so problematic.

girl the amount of how wrong you are about Beyoncé is stunning.

she has moved past the need to have hit songs. she is now an album artist. she is basically the pinnacle of pop stardom for this decade. are you blind or deaf and don’t understand what she’s done for pop culture??

wow.

7 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

girl the amount of how wrong you are about Beyoncé is stunning.

she has moved past the need to have hit songs. she is now an album artist. she is basically the pinnacle of pop stardom for this decade. are you blind or deaf and don’t understand what she’s done for pop culture??

wow.

Wow. You’re delusional. So because you don’t understand what my whole post was about, you’re going to say I’m wrong? Honey that’s your opinion, but it def ain’t fact. Beyoncé delivers for her fans. She is incredible at doing her. She has not however, “changed up the game” or really changed culture outside of her fan base. To go outside of your fan base, you have to have VERSATILITY. You have to be able to completely switch up your style or music genre. You have to be able to act, and your characters have to be COMPLETELY different. Beyoncé has not shown much Versatility, yet. She still looks relatively the same after almost two decades. She fails at giving good interviews. She is unable to transition her style of music to give great tributes. Beyoncé could never release a jazz album and a Rock/folk/country album simultaneously. 

The only artist to show high levels of versatility recently is Gaga. She has won over the Gp for three years now, with highly successful tributes, tv shows and now movies. Culture bending artists of the past (Jackson, Bowie, Prince, Madonna) - all have high levels of versatility. Beyoncé lacks that, and the beehive are constantly trying to make her something much more than she is. No one can do Beyonce better than Beyoncé. But to say that she is the “greatest thing to happen to pop culture” - when she isn’t even in the top three top selling female singers of the past decade, and no versatility- umm no, girl, try again. 

On 11/10/2018 at 9:03 PM, NotMyFlop said:

IMHO, it has nothing to do with Beyoncé's acting abilities.

Beyoncé is Beyoncé. She is such a huge name. She is practically synonymous with pop culture. It would have been too much to strip it back. People wouldn't have been able to remove her from the role. 

+ Beyoncé has nothing to 'prove'. She is arguably the most respected musician out there, and this movie could've tinkered with that. However, Gaga's 2014-present narrative to rebranding and building herself back up NEEDED this movie to do that if that makes sense. 

Beyoncé could have given the defining performance in a movie and it still wouldn't be as well recieved as this because that is the 'usual'. No one expected something so great from Gaga. 

Beyoncé is a respected singer, dancer and overall performer. She is NOT a respected musician. She doesn’t write her own music and as far as I’ve seen doesn’t play any instruments other than her vocal cords. If you just sing and dance to music other people wrote, that doesn’t a musician make.

1 minute ago, Moreck said:

Beyoncé is a respected singer, dancer and overall performer. She is NOT a respected musician. She doesn’t write her own music and as far as I’ve seen doesn’t play any instruments other than her vocal cords. If you just sing and dance to music other people wrote, that doesn’t a musician make.

Bingo. 

3 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Imagine thinking Beyonce isn’t a versatile artist. I have to laugh. 

This coming from someone who has Beyoncé as their avatar. Of course you’re going to say that. Ha. 

Borislshere
Just now, NCgaga said:

This coming from someone who has Beyoncé as their avatar. Of course you’re going to say that. Ha. 

I could change it to gaga if you’d like. My opinion isn’t changing :huntyga: 

StrawberryBlond
3 hours ago, Borislshere said:

Imagine thinking Beyonce isn’t a versatile artist. I have to laugh.

Tell me how she's shown versatility in all the years she's been famous. She's looked, sang, danced and acted the same since DC's formation. She just does the same things over and over. Lemonade was the only project that she actually took a bit of a risk and went more contemporary but that's about it. Her voice is very one-note meaning she can't sing anything that isn't RnB or soul-based. Even when she did the Pepsi ad, the melody was changed slightly when it was her part so that she could sing it in a way that worked for her. I believe the only instrument she can play is piano and even then, we've never seen her do it live. She has never made an album where she indulges in another genre. Even her more poppy work is still RnB focused. She does her usual hip bumps, booty shaking, hair flipping stuff when it comes to dance that she's been doing since day 1 and her fashion and hair have remained the same classic looks. Compare her to Gaga and the differences are vast. Gaga's voice has changed so much over the years and she can turn her hand to any genre from electro pop to RnB to rock to jazz to country folk. She can play multiple instruments and play them like a true rock star live. She has done an array of interesting choreography in her time and is one of the biggest fashion and looks chameleons.

I don't know how you can claim that Beyonce is versatile when your other fave is Gaga to compare her to.

Archived