Forbes: Gaga is revitalizing CD sales

Supersonic

Featured Posts

SchwineLove
4 hours ago, Mister Gaga said:

SAVING THE MUSIC & FILM INDUSTRY, ALL AT ONCE :giveup:

TEN YEARS LATER, SHE'S REVITALIZING THE MARKET ONCE AGAIN :giveup:

A LEGEND :giveup:

Ten years later, saving America. Ten years later, saving the world.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Serial Chiller
4 hours ago, Supersonic said:

....they literally have tons of benefits, just speaking of audio quality. Sure you can also buy Lossless files online, but they are twice as expensive as CDs. And I agree that reducing the amount of plastic we produce is a good thing, but like... Let's start with things that aren't functional like this:

oranges-Twitter.jpeg

:rip:

Seriously I can never understand that.... Why the F do you peel its skin just to encase it in a plastic shell. Are some people so stupid they cant figure how to peel a tangerine? 

Serial Chiller
2 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Well who wants to carry a bunch of CDs around with them on their way to work, or on a nice walk? Even in your car, it's such a nuisance having to rummage through a tonne of CDs in your glove compartment trying to find the right album.

It may be more compact than a vinyl record, but digital downloads on a phone or ipod are infinitely more compact.

They are becoming a collector’s item. For novelty. Owning a CD/book library is so much cooler than a folder of files. Sure it’s not convenient, but who cares. I for one have never opened the CDs I buy. :derpga:

ImpossiblePrincess
4 hours ago, Suspiria said:

I kind of hope CD sales die off completely soon... there's really no need for us to be using all that plastic when we have digital music.

Go live in 2055

Welcome to GagaDaily, it looks like things just got messgendary.

hausofcy

I remember going to the record store and buying my faves album when they came out and running home to listen to them. Those were the days. Now it’s more like “oh its out on AM Lets save it real quick to listen to this in the car”. Music consumption is not that special anymore due to streaming. It does have its perks but i prefer my cd’s and vinyls 

🇯🇵

Danny Milk
2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Why? 😱 And how many CDs do you have?

over 60 

I guess it doesn't really matter

Arcanum
5 hours ago, Suspiria said:

I kind of hope CD sales die off completely soon... there's really no need for us to be using all that plastic when we have digital music.

Digipaks say hi.

rimg0024.jpg

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

SPARTACUS
13 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

over 60 

Oh.  Same tbh.  Is iTunes not available in your country?

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Sassy McSass
6 hours ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Some of us like buying cds and vinyls for sentimental value. Playing my favourite song on a record player is far more pleasing than streaming it. 

I do that. I have my Joanne signed copy and it’s priceless to me. I always buy Gaga’s cds. :kara: 

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

gagarox
6 hours ago, Danny Milk said:

I cannot buy music digitally so cds are my only choice of buying music legally

i hope u are streaming though.. cuz amazon prime is super cheap lol. I got that 1 year subscription just cuz i wanted to contribute to gagas WW sps numbers a lot. 

AndrewGr
6 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

there 6TpooGLjc.png an be 100 people in a room and 99 letter_d_PNG21.png on't believe in you

I'm so traumatized by this quote, I was talking to a friend earlier about finding jobs etc (she was insisting that it's all about having a lot of connections) and I was like "you can have 99 connections and never find a job but all it takes is for 1 person to believe in you and then you'll make it" :air:

6 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Omg soccer moms have become a reality

111,000 soccer moms confirmed

I was seeing an ad on social media and saw all these soccer-looking moms reply to the ad post. I thought they were fake liddos, but they were legit. What a glorious moment for Gaga :vegas:

00026 † 10000

Gaga4stef

I'm old skool. I buy my music on CD's. I love having the booklets and art work. And I'm too cheap to pay a monthly subscription to listen to music. That just seems wrong to me somehow.  

Full disclosure: I did purchase ASIB on ITunes (yes, I still use an IPod to listen away from home) when it came out because I was too excited to wait until I could run out to the store to buy it. But I did also buy the CD later. 

Every time we say goodbye baby it hurts

Archived