Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

No Floods snippet shown at Columbus Day Parade 10/8

crushedlemonice

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas
1 minute ago, MEM said:

I ended up DM'ing the GGD twitter! I'm sure that a lot of you run that but, ah well. Let me know if you got it! My handle is @missezramay - you'll probably see it under Requests.

I dont have access to that. try dm'ing me or ask me here.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChicaSkas
17 minutes ago, crushedlemonice said:

Did they air the full footage? Do we have a link?

The thing is this:

Back in 2005, everyone mostly recorded stuff on VHS systems. Originally in 2005 the entire parade and performance was broadcast live nationwide to anyone who wanted to spend a Monday morning or afternoon watching a historical parade. If we are lucky, someone's mom or grandpa recorded the original broadcast on NBC. (My mom VHS'ed the local Rose Parade broadcast from Pasadena every year since 1986, so weird video hoarders DO exist)

The 2nd thing is: this 2018 clip is only 10 seconds long or so. Perhaps the Haus didn't agree to more. Originally @Sara and I were lobbying trying to even release this amount, because the fees and permissions were  $100s of dollars per second.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Teal Ambition
18 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I honestly don’t understand her team sometimes.. Like why wouldn’t they just let you release it? It’s not like that footage didn’t air to thousands of people at the time.. ugh

Someone on PopJustice:

"She’s like that with a lot of her pre-Fame stuff. She bought out an eBay auction that was selling old demo discs and EPs once, even though the tracks still ended up surfacing. Part of me feels like she’s trying to open a museum or exhibition one day and wants to use all this stuff for it."

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Regina George
1 minute ago, Teal Ambition said:

Someone on PopJustice:

"She’s like that with a lot of her pre-Fame stuff. She bought out an eBay auction that was selling old demo discs and EPs once, even though the tracks still ended up surfacing. Part of me feels like she’s trying to open a museum or exhibition one day and wants to use all this stuff for it."

Weird.. thank you for sharing this with me tho! 

Glamourpuss

Perhaps Gaga is embarassed about her younger self. I know I look back on my youth and don't like certain photos. It could just be as simple as that. She wants to control her image. 

MonsterOfficial
2 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

What was she singing? 

exorcise my mind

YourCureness
1 minute ago, MonsterOfficial said:

Oh okay. My favorite song from her. 

Is it possible for gaga to sing this song now? 

MonsterOfficial
5 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

Oh okay. My favorite song from her. 

Is it possible for gaga to sing this song now? 

there's a chance if people bring it up to concerts.

she sang Captivated at the Monster Ball because someone requested it on a banner

exorcise my mind

AshIey
1 hour ago, ChicaSkas said:

Yes, I found this footage.

It is spectacular and beautiful. 

It took me five months of negotiating with the CCF, NBC execs , and the Haus.

Bobby told me we couldn't release it (back in 2013 when I succeeded in all that) because the Haus needed to determine when and if it was ever to be released. This was not me. Obviously ABC 7 secured permission from Bobby.

Which is a bummer that GGD couldn't have broken it to the world,  but ABC7 is much bigger than us and probably had more pull.

I don't understand why her team decides whether it's released or not, doesn't the footage belong to the network it was aired on? 

ChicaSkas
2 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

I don't understand why her team decides whether it's released or not, doesn't the footage belong to the network it was aired on? 

Gaga and her team control her image. 

At the end of the day, she decides whats out and what isn't.

I as a person had to respect the wishes of the Haus. How can I expect to meet her or do things the right way if I don't go along with what they want?

The footage belongs to the network, but the rights to that footage's use belong to Gaga and her family (the haus), the Columbus Citizens Foundation (Italian American parade creators) and the Network.

To legally release the footage, the rights have to be okayed through all 3 of those Groups.

I did that through the first 2, the CCF, and Network. The last one, Gaga's team -- said no. After that there was nothing I could do.

AshIey
1 minute ago, ChicaSkas said:

Gaga and her team control her image. 

At the end of the day, she decides whats out and what isn't.

I as a person had to respect the wishes of the Haus. How can I expect to meet her or do things the right way if I don't go along with what they want?

The footage belongs to the network, but the rights to that footage's use belong to Gaga and her family (the haus), the Columbus Citizens Foundation (Italian American parade creators) and the Network.

To legally release the footage, the rights have to be okayed through all 3 of those Groups.

I did that through the first 2, the CCF, and Network. The last one, Gaga's team -- said no. After that there was nothing I could do.

It's just that there's so much old footage of Gaga out there already, I don't really get why this is any different. But you're right for respecting their wishes. 

Archived