Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Bohemian Rhapsody

Villanelle

Featured Posts

Mirages
1 hour ago, pachinko said:

But is it a threat to ASIB? 

I love Freddie Mercury by the way. Legendary performance. 

No its not in terms of Oscar's, they made it PG and the academy usually goes for more raw R rated biopics. The only category it's a thread to is Best Actor and maybe it'll be nominated in some technical categories like Sound Mixing etc. In terms of Box office - yes. It will most definitely outgross ASIB especially in the UK and Europe, where Queen was huge. Freddie was so underrated in the US, it's kinda sad. I'm definitely watching the movies since Queen's music is what I grew up with my whole childhood. I would watch their videos and listen to their music with my dad, so it's very nostalgic to me.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
49 minutes ago, Bio said:

The movie is good for two reasons: Queen songs and Remi Malek. But the story and dialogue are very poorly written. Like if someone gave a Lifetime movie a budget of 80 million dollars. The final sequence saved the whole thing tho. Absolutely spectacular.

Hmmm I’ve been researching about Queen for years now and you can tell I’m a fan. Story is accurate (yes they moved some songs releases to 80s and it has dramatic factor because it’s a damn movie but still), dialogues are good and as always you seem to be too extra with this one. Movie is great and it’s not only because of music and Rami (it’s Rami, not Remi)..

16 minutes ago, Pantera said:

So for you guys that watched it, is Rami Malik a big threat for Bradley Cooper? I mean, Cooper was great. This is his best performance yet. But what do you guys think.

Bradley is long overdue for his Oscar, and this was his career best performance. The case is sort of like like Glen Close. Rami was great in the movie but i have a feeling that the voters will be on Bradley's side. 

GoldenPonyboy
32 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Bradley is long overdue for his Oscar, and this was his career best performance. The case is sort of like like Glen Close. Rami was great in the movie but i have a feeling that the voters will be on Bradley's side. 

Malek has it in the bag. The performance itself was good but since he played a historical figure he has an edge i think. 

The movie itself was alright. I kinda felt that they reduced the gay community to a bunch of horny dudes with mustaches and a lifestyle. I felt like there was something missing in that part of him being gay amd the internal struggle. It should have been a bigger part of the movie IMHO because it made it seem like the problems in the band was because of this “gay lifestyle” but they never got into it enough. That kinda annoyed me if that made sense. 

5 minutes ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

Malek has it in the bag. The performance itself was good but since he played a historical figure he has an edge i think. 

The movie itself was alright. I kinda felt that they reduced the gay community to a bunch of horny dudes with mustaches and a lifestyle. I felt like there was something missing in that part of him being gay amd the internal struggle. It should have been a bigger part of the movie IMHO because it made it seem like the problems in the band was because of this “gay lifestyle” but they never got into it enough. That kinda annoyed me if that made sense. 

I completely get what you're saying, but winning an Oscar or a golden globe is not about the acting. Its the politics of the academy. During TIHTY we had it against us, this time we have it by our side. Ive seen countless academy members praise the movie on twitter. 

Illuminati Freak

I don't understand some of the gays saying they should have shown more of Freddie's sexual orientation. What did they exactly want to see? Him hanging out at a basement dungeon swinging from the rafters in a leather sex drug fuelled orgy? 

Vitleysingur

As much as I love Queen, the movie didn't convince me. Even some documentaries are better than this. :rip:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

2 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Hmmm I’ve been researching about Queen for years now and you can tell I’m a fan. Story is accurate (yes they moved some songs releases to 80s and it has dramatic factor because it’s a damn movie but still), dialogues are good and as always you seem to be too extra with this one. Movie is great and it’s not only because of music and Rami (it’s Rami, not Remi)..

Not talking about accuracy, but how it was written. One of the very first scenes of the movie shows that, when the father gets home and Freddie is on his way out. The dialogue there is too on the nose, there’s no complexity, no dephtness. And it happens all the way through the movie. 

And well... by the score of 60 on Rotten Tomatoes, critics agree with me. But it’s all good, as I said, I don’t think it’s a bad movie at all. rAmi did a great job and managed to save it.

Going to watch it this Tuesday..

Spoiler

just sad that my money is going for that damned Bryan Singer the pedo

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

I saw it yesterday and liked it, but didn't love it. If any movie deserves an R rating it would be a movie about Freddie Mercury. Giving it a PG13 rating felt like they watered it down. It's like when you want a  REALLY good horror movie and then they slap a PG13 rating on it so that it appeals to the masses......kinda disappointing. The acting is good and of course the music is AWESOME, but if you want sex, drugs, and rock and roll.......you're only going to get 1 out of the 3. It felt like an episode of VH1s Behind the Music. I also read where there are alot of inaccuracies. For example, Freddie didn't get his HIV diagnosis until 2 years after Live Aid, but it's completely different in the film. Worth seeing though even if it's just for the music. 

GoldenPonyboy
2 hours ago, Illuminati Freak said:

I don't understand some of the gays saying they should have shown more of Freddie's sexual orientation. What did they exactly want to see? Him hanging out at a basement dungeon swinging from the rafters in a leather sex drug fuelled orgy? 

My issue with it is the way it was placed in the movie it made it seem as the gays were the villans that took freddie from the band and changed him. And then when he got away from the “toxic” gays he went with the band again. 

Archived