Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

'Why Did You Do That' LIVE Version

destinyofself

Featured Posts

destinyofself

Has anyone got the LIVE version of 'Why Did You Do That', Where Ally performs it on SNL?

I much prefer the LIVE person I don't like the beat the studio version has in it, it ruins the instrumental.

Unless the BluRay hits, we don't have anything legal except for this snippet :emma:

[video removed]

I love the bass in the beginning tho.

I hope we get a "deluxe" version of the soundtrack with the actual live recordings of some performances.

guyzplzstaph

Yes! I really liked the SNL version, with extra high bells at the beggining, it gave it a bit of 80s vibe!

A Hybrid

Hope we don’t ever get another version of this “song” :huntyga:

No family’s safe when I sashay

Hallucinade
9 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

Hope we don’t ever get another version of this “song” :huntyga:

I guess the more valuable production could help this song to sound less cheap, I mean I love it as it is tbh but the more detailed production in the movie sounds soooo much more enjoyable

I rewatched trying to pay attention to how the songs sounded different and some of them really did. I think for a lot of the music they didn't even used the final version, for example Music to My Eyes have a slightly different beat. When Hair Body Face plays briefly in the background you can hear her vocals very unpolished, it reminded me of the notebook-recorded version of LoveGame. They probably finished the soundtrack after the movie.

LeJudas

Live versions almost always have more pronounced instrumentals so the audience can hear them better and louder. But I also want to hear it in full, if they even did it in full!

Archived