Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Joan Collins praises Lady Gaga

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Bradley
19 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Never said she wasn't good on the contrary lol

I just think Monsters should give a but more respect to that show and people involved.  Lady Gaga is definitely good but she still needs to learn a lot as an actress. 

Just my opinion but Gaga is far from being as good as ladies like Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Frances Conroy, Angela Bassett and Sarah Paulson... But it is not a shade she still at the start of her acting career and still doing great at that point

The thing is the post above didn't even try to belittle the actors involved with the show, if anything he meant the directors and writers were the ones he didn't like, so no one is trying to claim that Gaga represents AHS more than Sarah and Angela do. It seems to me that you are overprotective of the AHS women, it's like you're defending them when there is no threat being made.

Also the fact that the first TV show Gaga starred in won her a Globe and the first movie she stars in is an Academy Award frontrunner for Best Actress has already proven her capabilities as an actress.

If you talk about legacy, obviously the women above having longer acting careers, Gaga is a musician for goodness's sake, but I think it's pretty astounding for a new actress herself to attain that sort of recognition from just American Horror Story and A Star Is Born alone.

Noel Sanchez
38 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Never said she wasn't good on the contrary lol

I just think Monsters should give a but more respect to that show and people involved.  Lady Gaga is definitely good but she still needs to learn a lot as an actress. 

Just my opinion but Gaga is far from being as good as ladies like Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates, Frances Conroy, Angela Bassett and Sarah Paulson... But it is not a shade she still at the start of her acting career and still doing great at that point

She has a lot to learn as an actress??? Coming from who are you? 

Have you had a lead in a television show and won an award? 

Have you debuted in your first leading role and generated Oscar buzz before award season?

gained acclaim from legendary actors and actresses?

i don’t think so

so yes gaga has room to grow like every artist/actor but for you to say she has a lot to learn like YOU OF ALL PEOPLE are someone of esteem in the acting world is very ignorant of you so please have a seat 

plus the person you quoted never said anything that belittled the amazing cast all they did was praise Gaga so your crass comment was unnecessary 

1 hour ago, CautiousLurker said:

I've seen the very first one, the one in mental asylum and the one with the two-headed chick - I thought they were terrible... Visually stunning, yes, but the writing - I can only put up with so much cringe :selena:

It's definitely poorly written (although it's camp on its best so maybe they're just being crazy for the sake of it) but trust me, it's engaging just because of how weird and creative the plot is lmao. I always feel everything is out of place and messy when I'm watching it but when you look back to it you kind of appreciate it a little bit better. What I remember most of all the seasons is that special "atmosphere" I guess, which feels really cool and something I'd like to see in more shows.

CautiousLurker
6 minutes ago, MrA said:

It's definitely poorly written (although it's camp on its best so maybe they're just being crazy for the sake of it) but trust me, it's engaging just because of how weird and creative the plot is lmao. I always feel everything is out of place and messy when I'm watching it but when you look back to it you kind of appreciate it a little bit better. What I remember most of all the seasons is that special "atmosphere" I guess, which feels really cool and something I'd like to see in more shows.

Oh yeah, there are definitely redeemable qualities about the show, I wouldn't have watched so much of it otherwise... Again, I think it's visually stunning, has a compelling cast, and OMG THE EYECANDY... but the core is flawed and horror is a genre I love so I don't see why give a show credit where credit isn't due...

I feel like the only reason AHS gets away with poor writing without any pushback is because in horror it's something that's taken for granted and quality horror is very scarce... and I don't like it, nor do I see why it should be taken for granted...

The atmosphere is great, and I attribute that in larger part to the visuals, but... imagine what it could have been if they actually invested into a strong and compelling screenplay - imagine how good it could have been... IMAGINEimagineimagineimagine...

I'm kinda hoping that Haunting of Hill House will be that but... what are the chances...

monketsharona
2 hours ago, Bradley said:

The thing is the post above didn't even try to belittle the actors involved with the show, if anything he meant the directors and writers were the ones he didn't like, so no one is trying to claim that Gaga represents AHS more than Sarah and Angela do. It seems to me that you are overprotective of the AHS women, it's like you're defending them when there is no threat being made.

Also the fact that the first TV show Gaga starred in won her a Globe and the first movie she stars in is an Academy Award frontrunner for Best Actress has already proven her capabilities as an actress.

If you talk about legacy, obviously the women above having longer acting careers, Gaga is a musician for goodness's sake, but I think it's pretty astounding for a new actress herself to attain that sort of recognition from just American Horror Story and A Star Is Born alone.

And I think you are overprotective of Lady Gaga I didn't even shade in any way trying to underestimate her legacy :oops:

I was just underlining how much people are negative and sometimes disrespectful against that show in general on that forum. Some comments like 'Lady Gaga deserves so much  better than the shitty show' are honestly disrespectful to Ryan Murphy, the cast and the people involved in it  who gave Lady Gaga her chance. What I meant is that you can't take the Golden Globes without taking AHS, which is many people here are trying to do. 

4 hours ago, FlopSlurper said:

Do you not watch AHS

lucille-bluth-arrested-development.thumb

Spoiler

she's dead even there:huntyga:

It took her a lot of time to go and watch it..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

2 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

Oh yeah, there are definitely redeemable qualities about the show, I wouldn't have watched so much of it otherwise... Again, I think it's visually stunning, has a compelling cast, and OMG THE EYECANDY... but the core is flawed and horror is a genre I love so I don't see why give a show credit where credit isn't due...

I feel like the only reason AHS gets away with poor writing without any pushback is because in horror it's something that's taken for granted and quality horror is very scarce... and I don't like it, nor do I see why it should be taken for granted...

The atmosphere is great, and I attribute that in larger part to the visuals, but... imagine what it could have been if they actually invested into a strong and compelling screenplay - imagine how good it could have been... IMAGINEimagineimagineimagine...

I'm kinda hoping that Haunting of Hill House will be that but... what are the chances...

Oh I agree 100%. It's always so sad to see a potential great horror movie/show and again see it ruined just because it's easier that way. Every other genre got the chance to give its masterpieces and have a group of people that championed it to death, but with horror it always seems like a newcomer introduces a good idea, works on it, and then the industry sucks him in and leeches what's creative of it till it's **** (no need to give names here since it's happened with every good horror idea lmaoo).

Horror deserves better and it's still a baby compared to other fully explored genres!

Archived