Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Should The Cure have been saved for ASIB? Spoilers

BUtterfield 8

Pick One  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Cure have been saved for ASIB?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

No, it would have been overshadowed by the success of the ballads. Yes, it fits perfectly for Ally’s solo work, but at the cost of the song! I don’t think I’d hear the song on the radio daily if it were overshadowed by “Shallow” or something. 

+ it was the only new song we had in 2017 so we deserved it :sis:

migamiga

I was just thinking this. I think it would’ve been better if heal me and the cure switched. The cure is the perfect example of a cookie cutter pop song. I think as a fan base we wouldve been less divided had she released heal me instead of tc

Trxstan
2 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Almost every Gaga song on that soundtrack is pop tho.. Before I Cry, Shallow, Is That Alright, I’ll Never Love Again, etc.. are all pop songs :huntyga: Less commercial but they are all pretty much pop.. 

Yes, I meant like the more... idk how to describe it.. 'produced' and 'not musical instrument, but made up sounds' ? I make no sense lol

woop hey there keep scrolling

FfFfFfFF

Sonically, lyrically and contextually would fit the soundtrack, no question.. but no because it was the only new song we had in 2017 and the soundtrack is already filled with songs.

Quartz

Heal Me is Ally asking Jack to heal her from the pains of the music industry. The Cure is her telling someone that she will cure them; so, the context is quite different. But with that said, I think The Cure would have fit so good in the movie especially with the context of Jack in rehab.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Sorcerer

No. It was a Top 40 hit and it is one of her most streamed songs. If it was included in ASIB then it will never get the amount of streams it has right now. As we can see, the pop songs in ASIB are performing less than the ballads.

Judas Society
4 hours ago, CyanLights said:

Oh no, I meant the sound of the song itself. Like the tropical house sound doesn't fit it with the pop songs of ASIB to me. Doesn't really feel like an "Ally" song 

plus we already have Heal Me, so it may have sounded repetitive and that sounds more "Ally" 

My exact thoughts.

Archived