Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Please stop with the "99 people" meme

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu

Some people may think it's funny it's actually not. Let's remember that Gaga has been transparent enough to say that she's struggling with mental illness and fibromyalgia. A tendancy to repeat the same anecdote again, may have something to do with either. And the last thing we should do as fans is make fun of it. Instead we should hope that she'll get better.

It's really disheartening to see uneducated fans make a meme out of this. Seriously, how do you consider yourselves fan? It's time to stop. If you didn't know why she kept doing it, now you know.

I'm not saying Gaga suffers from something as serious as Dementia. But repeating the same thing many times is a symptom of Dementia for example, and many other mental illnesses. So please be thoughtful before saying mean things like that. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

While it seemed harmless and at most I just think that 99 unbelievers meme is just played out, I do think its annoying that some people in the base make things that really don't need to go viral, go viral about her. Case in point: that one stan on twitter that tried to pass of that photo of that Gaga lookalike giving a BJ and lying about how it was Bradley's D. :saladga:

FfFfFfFF

I think they're just jokes. No malicious intended, no mocking. Just the fact that Gaga repeats this line very often. 

And also I don't see the link with fibromylagia or dementia 

SwissMonster

You know that many Artists repeat the same things on each interview? It’s like a thing they learn to promote something. This has not automatically to do something with her illnesse. I mean Bradley repeats a lot of things too. You forget that besides us (the fans) nobody watches 1927362718 interviews of Gaga. They watch one (maybe two) so this 100 people in a room thing is new for a lot of people. And MANY artists repeat the same thing in different interviews because of the simple reason that the GP is not watching 10283628292 times the different interviews. I don‘t say it’s 10000% not her ilnesse, but I would be careful to just pour things on her illness to juste it.

Also, as I know Gaga, she probably would laugh herself about those memes. It’s not hate. Nobody, at least I would never say something bad about her. It just have a funny twist because she says it at every interview. Idk. You can come for me, but if there is one thing I never throw on Gaga it’s hate. 

So you also tell me you never laughed at the „I am Italian“ memes? 

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, SwissMonster said:

You know that many Artists repeat the same things on each interview. It’s like a thing they learn to promote something. This has not automatically to do something with her illnesse. I mean Bradley repeats a lot of things too. You forget that besides us (the fans) nobody watches 1927362718 interviews of Gaga. They watch one (maybe two) so this 100 people in a room thing is new for a lot of people. And MANY artists repeat the same thing in different interviews because of the simple reason that the GP is not watching 10283628292 times the interview. I don‘t say it’s 10000% not gern ilnesse, but I would be careful to just pour things on her illness to juste it.

So you also tell me you never laughed at the „I am Italian“ memes? 

The main difference, is that repeating the same anecdote/line many times is a symptom of several mental illnesses. You don't know for sure whether it's a medical condition or whether she's consciously doing it. So the least you can do is exercise caution.

And the "I'm italian" meme is funny, because of the way she worded it as if she's an italian/european dual citizen. It was cute. But it has nothing to do with any medical condition. BIG difference.

Quartz

Dementia... I can't :laughga:

People won't joke about it if the phrase wasn't severely overused. Is she suffering a mental illness OR is this a carefully planned marketing schtik? You be the judge. I don't see the harm of this, honestly. It's a few memes. No one's insulting her for it.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, hellothing said:

Dementia... I can't :laughga:

People won't joke about it if the phrase wasn't severely overused. Is she suffering a mental illness OR is this a carefully planned marketing schtik? You be the judge. I don't see the harm of this, honestly. It's a few memes. No one's insulting her for it.

If you read what I said, I said "I'm not saying she suffers from that", but that repeating the same thing many times CAN BE a medical condition/symptom of several mental illnesses. And we never know. So it's not wise to make fun of something if it has a probability of being a medical condition.

SwissMonster
9 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

The main difference, is that repeating the same anecdote/line many times is a symptom of several mental illnesses. You don't know for sure whether it's a medical condition or whether she's consciously doing it. So the least you can do is exercise caution.

And the "I'm italian" meme is funny, because of the way she worded it as if she's an italian/european dual citizen. It was cute. But it has nothing to do with any medical condition. BIG difference.

Nah nah, people manly laugh at the „I am Italian“ meme because she repeats it. If she would have said it only one time in one interview nobody would really have noticed it. So there is no difference. If you  laugh at this one you can not say it’s hateful to laugh at the other one.

Also exercise caution of what? I mean honestly, if we have to exercise caution of EVERYTHING our life’s, what life is that. Gaga stands over something like this, and would probably laugh herself. It’s just overdramatic. It’s a symptom of mental illness sure, but it’s also a thing every Star does, repeating the same lines over and over. And Gaga is a professional, so this must be the reason she repeats it.

Also nobody is throwing actual hate on her because of that. It’s almost cute that she repeats it, I mean....

My guess is you just don’t find it funny and want prohibit other people from find it funny while giving them bad conscience.

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Ryusei

It's a rehearsed answer, and probably something they want everyone to hear. The GP doesn't look up gaga interviews and maybe just sees one of these interviews and they hear her say it once or twice. It's just logical. Heck you come up with 15 different stories for 15 different interviews.. 

Musery

FlopSlurper

Sis it ain't that deep, she repeats the same things because it's what she wants the audience to take out of those interviews. She literally knows them by heart and even says them even if the answer isn't related to the interviewer's questions 

DppwsgdWkAAEzN6.jpg

Green Eyes

I totally agree! 99 people could be in a room and not offend Gaga, but it only takes 1 person to make this joke and it would offend her. 

Andreu

There are 99 people in the room that don't overanalyse things, but it takes one to think everything is realted to her health

::trollga:

Batwings

Well, it wouldn't be GGD if people didn't take a joke and utterly destroy it by overusing it.

Except "I'm Italian." That's a classic that never gets old. :vegas:

CautiousLurker
3 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

If you read what I said, I said "I'm not saying she suffers from that", but that repeating the same thing many times CAN BE a medical condition/symptom of several mental illnesses. And we never know. So it's not wise to make fun of something if it has a probability of being a medical condition.

By that definition you shouldn't make fun of aaaaaanything then... because it can always be linked to something serious...

RIP comedy, I guess :emma:

Btw, that emote is offensive :madge:

And so is that one :madge:

Archived