Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

ASIB grossed $201M worldwide!

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

pachinko
Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

Wow, this is awesome! I was expecting $170-$180 million as we seem to be getting the gross in dribs and drabs but this was unexpected. To think there's still many regions where it hasn't even debuted yet. By the time it reaches them, it'll have reached fever pitch. Japan isn't getting it until December 21st, so I can't wait to see a last minute injection of sales, just when we think it's all over. Talk about a great Christmas present! If it hits the $400 million mark, it'll be in the same region as previous modern musicals like La La Land and The Greatest Showman. Can it actually hit that point? We'll see but whatever happens, Gaga has won. All her haters must be seething right now.

But is ASIB really a musical?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wet Fire

I'm from India and ASIB has an extremely limited release here. I mean, not a single cinema is screening ASIB IN MY STATE and Venom is literally in every hall. I feel so mad. Why aren't they releasing it here properly?

StrawberryBlond
2 minutes ago, pachinko said:

But is ASIB really a musical?

Of course! A musical is any stage show or movie where songs feature heavily. It doesn't have to be a case of "I'm going to start singing my words instead of saying them" to be a musical. I always thought that when I was young but then I saw a countdown of the best musicals of all time and found that it could be just about any film where songs were heavily featured.

CanadaGoesGaga
4 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Of course! A musical is any stage show or movie where songs feature heavily. It doesn't have to be a case of "I'm going to start singing my words instead of saying them" to be a musical. I always thought that when I was young but then I saw a countdown of the best musicals of all time and found that it could be just about any film where songs were heavily featured.

I’m of the opinion this is a movie with music, I don’t consider it a musical. 

StrawberryBlond
Just now, CanadaGoesGaga said:

I’m of the opinion this is a movie with music, I don’t consider it a musical. 

Wikipedia officially list it as a "musical romantic drama." If you click on the hyperlinked word "musical" it takes you to a page describing what a musical is from the traditional to the modern. If you go down to "the post-classical era" and look at "21st century musicals," it lists all the big recent ones as well as a paragraph about biopics of famous people, even including the likes of 8 Mile (if that's considered a musical, ASIB totally is). The Greatest Showman was also included under the biopics umbrella. All the previous ASIB's were also listed as musicals, so if the 1976 version, which was the version the current one most closely resembles, can be called a musical, damn right this one should be called one too.

keith ink

you know GAGA is THAT bitch when haters spend internet data and electricity to create an account here just to throw some cold shade.

Y dont u devote your time in school and actually make some progress in your pathetic life. You know get actual dreams and goals instead of being just another internet troll because seriously yall haters are getting TIRED

TheSlash
2 hours ago, asana15 said:

Germany on #3 :firega: . Finally my flop country recognizes ha talent :tony:  :diane:  :queenga: 

Ew, David!

Curunir
9 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Germany on #3 :firega: . Finally my flop country recognizes ha talent :tony:  :diane:  :queenga: 

for the amount of people living there germany should get its sh*t together and go watch ASIB :grr:

Spoiler

jk :sara:

Spoiler

a little :neyde:

funkyhaus
3 hours ago, Freddy said:

That would be 370 millions though. Is math related to science? :derpga:

Nearly 

Must I do eat a pineapple to understand a banana

is there any more markets it still yet to be released in and Australia has just getting the film this weekend o hopefully the numbers from there will start to pick up.

In some ways in relative terms the UK has been the biggest success - #1 box office and #1 soundtrack, #4 in singles chart, 5/5 reviews in The Guardian and Independent.  BAFTAs here we come...

thatfoxyfeeling
2 hours ago, Wet Fire said:

I'm from India and ASIB has an extremely limited release here. I mean, not a single cinema is screening ASIB IN MY STATE and Venom is literally in every hall. I feel so mad. Why aren't they releasing it here properly?

I can’t imagine it would be a hit in India because of Bollywood and Aashiqui is basically the Indian version of ASIB.

What's it predicted to make at the end of its run? I'm thinking crossing $300 million is possible if not likely, but is $400 million attainable? 

HighwayFantasy
3 hours ago, DitaDolla said:

She is winning again... somehow she always stays here. I can't stand it.

:tony:

She is such a pro on every field she enters.. perfumes, tours, superbowls, sponsored events, movies.. :giveup:

Archived