Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Gaga's legacy

Ronk

Featured Posts

I feel Gaga's greatest and most enduring legacy is the many things she does to help others.  It is how she changes people's lives, and in doing so, how she changes the world.

Another superstar, Kurt Warner, the Super Bowl winning quarterback who is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, feels the same way about his legacy.  A segment about him on CBS News on October 9, 2018 included this about his founding of Treasure House to help people with disabilities:

"We want all of our other kids to spread their wings and fly. Why doesn't Zack deserve the opportunity to do the same?" Kurt said.

Treasure House also offers job training, but above all, it provides a sense of community and independence.

"Here's a place where they can grow and they can thrive and they can chase after their dreams," said Kurt. "We believe it can be life changing for thousands and thousands of families."

The Warners said they believe they can duplicate this dream across the country.

"People are going to forget that I won a Super Bowl, but they're never going to forget the kind of impact you had on them personally," Kurt said.

"I think that this will be our legacy more than a Hall of Fame," Brenda said.

For the Warners, few victories are as sweet as this.

That CBS news segment is here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl5ZkM0Q4rY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years ago I made a 40-second video which included images that bring to light a few of the many of ways Gaga changes the world.   Several of the images are of things most of the public are unaware.  I'm sure people would be surprised that this list only scratches the surface of Gaga's good deeds:

Gaga and her mother launching the Born This Way Foundation.
Gaga launching the Born Brave Bus.
Gaga with children in Peru for UNICEF.
Gaga visiting children in the favela (slums) in Rio.
Gaga hugged in Japan while being thanked for her efforts to help earthquake victims.
Gaga with children in the NAZ foundation care home for children with HIV.
Gaga visiting children in Africa for UNICEF.
Gaga receiving the Lennon-Ono Grant For Peace award from Yoko Ono.
The video ends with several images of Gaga inspiring her fans and sharing her strength, courage, and love with the paws-up gesture.

Gaga's legacy lives within the people she has helped, and those she has impacted by leading the way to kindness, strength, and positivity.  Kurt Warner's words ring true.

I live outside the space time continuum.

I think her legacy will be the way in which she pushed boundaries in a mainstream / pop setting. Also, her chameleonic ability to take on anything and make it her own.

LeJudas

She's done lots of humanitarian things. I agree that they do help people more in a physical way by providing help with things other than music. It's good for her to do these not only to help children and families but to prove that she actually cares and isn't just doing this for money and fame like other celebrities. Congrats Gaga once again.:golfclap:

12 hours ago, Jakkusan said:

I think her legacy will be the way in which she pushed boundaries in a mainstream / pop setting. Also, her chameleonic ability to take on anything and make it her own.

I totally agree.  She is so multi-talented and excels at everything she does. She will long be remembered for her artistry, pushing boundaries and innovating.  That is her legacy on a professional level. 

I follow Gaga for what she does on a personal level.  She is deeply committed to helping people, but most of what she does as a humanitarian is unknown to most people because she doesn't brag about it and doesn't use it to enhance her image.   But helping others and changing the world is a life's goal for her.  She said if she could help just one person, it would mean everything to her.  I think of the thousands she has helped and the lives she has saved.  She doesn't just talk about kindness, caring, tolerance, and positivity; she lives those things.  She is a true mentor and leads by her own example.  She changes the world every day just by being herself.  I follow that legacy.

My favorite tweets:  "As great as Gaga is as an artist, she shines even brighter as a person."  and  "The light of kindness that lives within Gaga is so bright it serves as a beacon to guide us all."

I guess she has two legacies, professional and personal, both of them amazing.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• 1 month later...
Bel Esprit

I think Gaga's legacy will be being the blueprint for the millennial popstar, pushing boundaries, excelling in various forms of entertainment, and first and foremost being a driving force in the battle for gay rights and the increased visibility at the turn of the decade. 

Archived