Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What I find Ironic...

wahkeenasitka

Featured Posts

Judas Oyster

And tbh I als would like for example John Wayne or Dancin' In Circles to be top 10 and sent to radio too. As she gets older I find it less and less possible. So yeah it's ironic but I understand the nostalgic feeling around it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
35 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Literally none of the pop songs on ASIB sound like chainsmoker songs 

Dare I say it... WDYDT is worse than a lot of the Chainsmokers’ catalog.

And they told us literally to not “open” one of their albums, so...

6 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

The pop bops are amazing, in my opinion. People just need to decide what they want, and not bitch when they don't like something. Don't listen. Move on.
Also, we're stanning the woman who's first single had the words "Just dance, gonna be okay, da da doo doo" so you shouldn't expect every single song to be Bloody Mary level amazing lyrically.

What we're not going to do is make fun of Just Dance, a song that (in the context of The Fame and its overall message about the simultaneous vapidity and brilliance of celebrity and fame and pop culture) is actually both fun and intelligent... :huntyga:

MorganMak
1 hour ago, wahkeenasitka said:

I have been following GGD website since 2010, and have been witnessing Little Monsters complaining about the lack of "pop bops" for so many years. 

Especially since the release of C2C & Joanne, all I ever see on this website is people angry and complaining that The Fame and The Fame Monster albums aren't being replicated, ad nauseam. 

And then when ASIB is released, it seems that the vast majority of opinions on this website are that the "pop songs" are too basic / boring / trivial / superficial... 

I'm sitting here confused and laughing my ass off. 

Everybody on this site is living for all the sad / melodramatic / overly emotional ballads. That's cool. I get it. They're some of Gaga's best songs that she's ever released. 

But WTF, seriously. I don't understand why everyone on this site is complaining and demanding MORE POP MUSIC and then trashing it when it gets released. I just find it very ironic and I don't understand....

That is all. 

You know why? Gagas hardcore, longterm fanbase, people like me, fell in love with her for her, dark, romantic, hard edged, dance pop. It's really that simple. That's what gaga does better than literally anyone else on earth. That's why shes a star today, even though she has many other talents. You might not like it but the core of her fanbase still want that sound. 

HorusRa2

I think what a lot of people want is that feeling they got when they first got into Gaga and began obsessively consuming her image, interviews, music and performances. It’s just like with Harry Potter (for me personally). I was obsessed and loved the series so much that it ruined most other books for me. I couldn’t find another series that gave me the same “feeling” or passion or whatever you want to call it. 

That said, in terms of Gaga, I’m in the camp that seems to really enjoy everything she puts out (give or take a few filler tracks). I just get frustrated when charts, people and radios do not pay her the respect she deserves. 

Do people around here still argue/discuss about this stuff? Yikes. It's been years now and still the same people complaining over and over again. She's not forcing anybody to be her fan, either jump in for the ride or leave.

it wasn't laaaahv

Gaga oh lala

I like pop song in this soundtrack becuase It reminds me of what Gaga would release back in 08 /09. but at the same time I do enjoy the other songs in the soundtrack more  becuase it is so how much Gaga has grown as a musician/person.  Then again when Gaga release Joanne people didn't like how it sounded that they wanted more pop songs when she finally released  some in the stars born soundtrack people didn't like it:lolga: it shows it's very hard to satisfy people.

Dominic
7 hours ago, Gaga oh lala said:

I like pop song in this soundtrack becuase It reminds me of what Gaga would release back in 08 /09. but at the same time I do enjoy the other songs in the soundtrack more  becuase it is so how much Gaga has grown as a musician/person.  Then again when Gaga release Joanne people didn't like how it sounded that they wanted more pop songs when she finally released  some in the stars born soundtrack people didn't like it:lolga: it shows it's very hard to satisfy people.

Gaga has made it very clear that the pop songs on the album are not hers and were specifically crafted for Ally so she hasn't 'finally' released some tbf. She's released some in the context of the character in a film. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Oriane

I'm not one of those who complain about the lack of pop songs, on the contrary I wish she would delve more into other genres.

But let's face it, the pop songs in this movie are a lot worse than her own pop music, which has always been interesting and different.

I think there's mostly hate towards WDYDT. Hair Body Face sounds more like some of her earlier stuff so I don't really see hate against it. Heal Me is like The Cure and this one was loved by people here for some reason.

I'm gladly surprised that people like the rest of the soundtrack. I guess that as long as it's doing good on the charts suddenly they like it.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Wait, have people really been complaining about a lack of bops since 2010?

What the fcuk?? BTW WAS RELEASED IN 2011!! And BTW is Bop Central!

wonderlanddynasty

We should keep in mind that not everybody complained about her music since 2013. Gaga is always trying sth completely different and of course not everybody can like everything yk:ohwell:

FentyGa
16 hours ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

What we're not going to do is make fun of Just Dance, a song that (in the context of The Fame and its overall message about the simultaneous vapidity and brilliance of celebrity and fame and pop culture) is actually both fun and intelligent... :huntyga:

Who's making fun of it?
giphy.gif

AnglerfishbraBENUS

I think there's a difference between a standard Gaga BOP and a song like Heal Me or Hair Body Face.  For instance people have always wanted Gaga to release groundbreaking pop songs that stood out and dominated what other pop stars were putting out, not sound just like them.

I'd just like to point out, if it hasn't been already, that the Pop Songs on ASIB are MEANT to be hated/artificial/"sHaLLoW"

Archived