Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Could Gaga reach Ariana-level radioplay?

hoeslay

Featured Posts

hoeslay
11 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

If Ariana was 10 years older putting out the same songs, she would be getting less airplay. It's a lot about the image and people want their artists to feel cool. I feel that's been Gaga's biggest hurdle for commercial hits is appearing "cool" again. 

If she was seen as cool The Cure would have been way bigger. I'm curious to see the reaction to her pop music after all the acclaim ASIB is getting.

oooh I 100% agree with this. the sad truth of age in the industry and of women in the industry. she deserves WAY better ofc but back then she wasn't "cool" and people thought she was crazy (many still do) even though she's just a smart person with elaborate idea haha. And now she's "cleaned up" her image but she's older and the GP isn't always giving her the credit she deserves - then again i think of Beyonce who's 6 years older although she has been in the business way longer

Miracle
31 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Was everything Just Dance-Applause generic radio music? 

No, and the fact that Gaga's seen as a "weirdo" in pop radio literally hurt Gaga's airplay figures and the overall run of their biggest digital singles, which are some of the biggest digital songs of all time (I think Poker Face is the biggest or the second biggest digital song of all time). 

Gaga's biggest hits airplay:

Just Dance (feat. Colby O'Donis & Akon): 104.084M

Poker Face: 117.042M

Bad Romance: 118.946M

Born This Way: 109.827M

The Edge Of Glory: 106.169M

Telephone f/Beyoncé: 92.780M

Had all these songs been pushed the way they deserved because of their massive sales on radio (especially Just Dance and Poker Face), they would all have spent multiple weeks at #1. Applause held itself 13 weeks inside Billboard Hot 100 due to its impressive airplay-to-sales ratio. 

bloody g

In the US seems unlikely because of ageism, but in the rest of world shallow is getting some airplay already.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

48 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

Still waited way too long. When TEOG and DWUW were buzz singles, in a matter of hours, days they became singles sent to radio. 

Sure, but they had to wait for the movie to come out. They (so did I) probably expected other songs from the OST to take over on the charts, but when they realized that Shallow stood right on top, they had to make it a single

☄️ Before there was love, there was silence 🌌

2 hours ago, hoeslay said:

Please refer to my post:

"since The Fame/Monster era (which I already know people are gonna be like..times were different/it was her prime/etc.) I don't recall ever hearing more than ONE Gaga single play on the radio at a time except maybe BTW/The Edge of Glory."

You and I, Born This Way and The Edge Of Glory slayed the radios WW in 2011. The Edge of Glory was one of the song of the summer in BB. 

Archived