Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

POLL: Lady Gaga 8th Most Divisive Celebrity in U.S. -- Beyonce #1

thehanyo

Featured Posts

YourCureness
5 hours ago, Needlesslyrics said:

Beyonce is the greatest performer of this generation. She is not overrated. The only people her call her such are those who hate seeing an openly political black woman at the top. They can't call her bad - because she obviously isn't - so they describe her as overrated

While I do love Beyonce, i agree that she is overrated. And her skin color has nothing to do with that opinion of mine. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaronyoji
7 hours ago, Needlesslyrics said:

Of course Beyonce is #1. Even white liberals show their subconscious racism by calling her "overrated"

she is overrated, that doesnt make someone inherently racist lol. if anything, lots if white liberals over praise her because of white guilt. when lemonade came out, NPR wouldn't shut up about it. 

however, i don't find her to be devicive, which is a blanket statement made by people not wanting to engage in discussions revolving most commonly, race. which is kinda of what her spuerbowl performance did.

10 hours ago, Needlesslyrics said:

Beyonce is the greatest performer of this generation. She is not overrated. The only people her call her such are those who hate seeing an openly political black woman at the top. They can't call her bad - because she obviously isn't - so they describe her as overrated

greatest is subjective and your opinion. she is a talented performer, no denying that. But in my opinion, she's overrated and hasn't put out a decent album since 4.

11 hours ago, Needlesslyrics said:

Of course Beyonce is #1. Even white liberals show their subconscious racism by calling her "overrated"

She is and I wish that Beyoncé fans would stop throwing the racism thing every time something bad is said about her :saladga:

Epione

So Republicans think hermaphrodite is better than a black woman? :giggle: I guess we won.

Spoiler

Don't come for me, it's a joke.

Meruk Holland
6 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

which is an incredibly important social issue in the US so what are you trying to get at exactly??? I honestly wish Gaga spoke up more about race and was a bigger ally to the black and latino communities, but Gaga can't do everything lol. Gaga is a little more socially moderate than many of her fans think and if anything this poll reflects that. This isn't to discount the immense work she's done in the fight for LGBTQ rights and fight for equality for women and acknowledgement of mental trauma, etc. but those issues are more palatable than the touchiest subject of race, which is why Beyonce is so polarizing. As one of the most powerful black women in the country she's representing her community and fighting for black acceptance, something white conservative America still cannot comprehend.  

If Gaga spoke up about race, people (even on the left) would complain that she knows nothing about racial struggles because she's white. It helps that she has experience with being LGBT, being a woman, and having had mental trauma if she's going to speak out for those causes. She hasn't had experience with being a person of color, the best she can say is that her closest friends have. 

6 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

Gaga isn't doing her political job enough if she's that accepted by republicans... 

edit: ok wait she's actually really polarizing. i wasn't reading the chart right. but i'm still confused as to how republicans are that okay with her message. Are they truly idiots???   

A lot of Republicans are Republicans solely for the economic and fiscal aspect of conservative politics and have little or no real opinion on social aspects of their party. Many Republicans are simply born and raised in a Republican family and go along with it because they can't or won't think for themselves, or the values of the Republican party actually do align with their own morality. And finally, there are the people who identify as Republican but don't actually know anything about politics in the least. Could be for any reason, maybe they just like the color red better than blue.

These are all the same people who will say they like entertainers but that they should only entertain and not get involved in politics. "We pay them to sing, and f*ck she's got a great set of pipes. But I don't care to hear her spew her Hollywood politics at us"

1 hour ago, Epione said:

So Republicans think hermaphrodite is better than a black woman? :giggle: I guess we won.

Hide contents

Don't come for me, it's a joke.

The most interesting bit to me is, if you look closely at the chart -- Ellen is more popular among Republicans than Rush Limbaugh is.

But yeah, the only people on the chart with an overall negative rating among Republicans are all black.

13 hours ago, Needlesslyrics said:

but she is "overrated"

IMG_20180819_164006.thumb.jpg.418f6bc4ca

That's Gossip

RudraCNG
13 hours ago, gag said:

This... is just straight up false lol. Formation made her the most hated celebrity among conservatives.

In that case, her songwriters should be the polarizing ones.

Spoiler

Jk, please don't come at me :oops:

I don’t know why you guys act so surprised, Beyoncé released a controversial album and Gaga didn’t. 

If this was 2011 it would be the other way around. Of course Gaga went waaaay further than Beyoncé, we know that. 

Bayonetta

Notice how only black people are in the negatives for Republican approval. Sad, but not surprising. 

A Hybrid
14 hours ago, Needlesslyrics said:

I think Beyonce is an amazing artist but she gets too much praise that other artists at her level don’t— I could count all the artist that I think are better than her and get less praise and call them underrated, or I can call Beyonce overrated. It’s all up to me because it’s my opinion.

No family’s safe when I sashay

Guillaume Hamon
13 hours ago, Needlesslyrics said:

Ok, so you're not a fan. That's not an issue! But she's not overrated. Anyone that says otherwise either isn't paying attention or they have an issue with an unashamedly political black woman winning

Overrated is a subjective term in itself... If you're more sensitive to one's talent than most people you may expect more praise for him/her than the GP you know what I mean?

If beyoncé was presented as talent-less or something that is factually wrong like that I would agree it's surely because of her race or her politics etc...Here folks present her as BEYOND UNBELIEVABLE, basically the sun of music, and I don't agree with it. In that she's overrated for me but that doesn't mean I deny her very big talent.

You seem touchy with the subject but folks can disagree with you cause they just have their own opinion that differs from yours. No need to start "intentions trials" with someone who could sincerely disagree.

SarahYuko
16 hours ago, TheAlpha said:

I mean, I’m not white and I think she’s overrated. People nowadays are not allowed to criticize a black artist (just based on their artistry) without SJW calling everyone a racist. I was also called a racist for not liking Cardi B and we have a similar background.

Not saying you or anyone is racist at all. But we should be clear that being part of any ethnic group doesn't mean we're exempt from the very possibility of being racist against even our own ethnic group. Discrimination can be and often is internalized: some people simply have some next level self-hatred. So, while there's a myriad of ways you could have argued the comment you replied to, your ethnicity in relation to your opinion isn't one of them. Just my two cents.

MonsterofFame

Gaga hasn't been politically polarizing since the BTW era. Fortunately, gay rights/activism has become much more acceptable since then, so a lot of the negativity with that has been shed.

She also won a lot of people over with her non-political performance at the Super Bowl.

Archived