💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is ASIB really that good? (NO SPOILERS)

Taide

Featured Posts

androiduser

I think it's really good, but I do believe the hype and the reviews are a bit over the top. In my opinion, Bradley Cooper's acting is the strongest part of the movie, followed by Gaga's singing and slightly less so Gaga's acting (she's really good, but not as great as him, which is understandable...). The movie successfully avoids some Hollywood cliches primarily due to how it's shot (a lot of raw closeups, some hand held camera etc opposed to everything being beautified), but I think some scenes and especially some minor characters are straight out of a TV movie (Ally's dad being the typical working class old-school minority, like the dad from Moonstruck or a number of films with Italian or Greek dads), and Ally's manager with the posh accent is like a character from Glitter.

That said, the main aspects of the movie are really good, but some details are cliched and rushed stereotypes.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

Yes it really is that good. If you love emotional films with a big soundtrack you'll love it. 

I don't agree with those who think it's been overhyped. I think it really does deserve all the Oscar buzz. I've only seen it once but it's stayed with me. Not a lot of films do that to me. 

androiduser

Overall, the GP will enjoy the stereotypes, making the movies more enjoyable, and the Gaga fans will care mostly about Gaga, so everyone will enjoy the film.

6 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I laughed probably more than I should.

Same. I'm glad someone admitted that too....:party:

TEANUS

I’ve seen the movie twice....

1st Time - I left the movie speechless, I wasn’t like emotional but it was just really exciting to see Gaga perform the way she does in the film. Three of my friends were crying and the other one kept saying “Cooper did a great job with that, really impressive, and she’s great”. One of the girls listens to the soundtrack all the time

2nd Time - My cousin cried. She went to see it a second time with her friend. She listens to the soundtrack every day

There is something in this movie for everyone. Comedy, drama, emotion, music, great filmmaking

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Movie is really good. The only thing keeping it from being an instant classic is the script and some other minor stuff that you won't care about. The best thing about it I think is the acting and the direction. You will definitely enjoy it and if you're invested enough in the story and don't get distracted (try to forget there are other people in the theater) you'll feel a big lump in your throat as it progresses and most likely cry a lot. Jackson's story overall is just heartbreaking, it really killed me.

One of the most diverse (Well, excluding Jim Henson movies XD) and most emotional films I've seen. You're gonna love it!

Whispering

Yes, it is really that good! Everyone I know who has seen the movie, loves it. (these are not Gaga stans) They cried at the ending, thought Gaga and Bradley were amazing actors and loved the music. 

It certainly isn't just Gaga stans who are going to this movie and finding it to be an excellent movie! 

Michaelandro

Well to be perfectly honest, I wasn't really blown away. The movie is good, if it wins an Oscar, it's well deserved, but for me it just wasn't something I'd watch over and over again. One thing that did impress me though was music, which btw I also didn't really feel when I watched the trailer but when u see it on a big screen it feels like they're performing right there and you're in the audience, I got goosebumps multiple times. I think you will enjoy it.

holy scheisse

I liked it, but I probably won't watch it again for a long time. It's depressing frankly. You know I'll be bumping the soundtrack though. 

Archived