Amy Winehouse biopic officially in the works

thehanyo

Featured Posts

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FentyGa
3 minutes ago, WohnJayne said:

Jesus I hate Mitch so much, but I dont think Gaga is a good fit either tbh.

Amy was in her early 20s during her peak and Gaga will be like in her mid 30s lets say, Amy had a very distinct north London accent that would be too difficult to get right (and not sound cockney/essex) and I dont think their singing voices sound very similar. 

Who ever takes on the role needs to be able to replicate the above Amy, not just the singing and tragedy but be able to get across her very unique IDGAF personality

This.
And besides, I understand if they want someone from London/Camden. I mean, if someone close to you died, you wouldn't want some random actor/actress to play them. Maybe someone more meaningful, to symbolise their roots or whatever. Or maybe they just don't see Gaga as her.

Bolkins
Just now, RadioIsOurs said:

Meh Lauren Jauregui looks and sound more like her anyways

oh wow yeah she does

SwissMonster
5 minutes ago, Queen Neyde said:

i dont care about him as a person, the only reason i commented was because of the "hope it flops" thing. if her father wanted gaga for the movie im p sure the same fan would praise amys father for his good choice

Maybe some of them yes. But I think a lot would have been a bit suspicious about the whole thing. Sure I would have loved to see Gaga as Amy, but not in those circumstances 

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

FentyGa

Doesn't anyone else think it's too soon, anyway? We just got a documentary about her a few years ago, it's not the time yet. Maybe for the ten year anniversary of her death or smth.

SwissMonster
Just now, FentyGa said:

Doesn't anyone else think it's too soon, anyway? We just got a documentary about her a few years ago, it's not the time yet. Maybe for the ten year anniversary of her death or smth.

Idk, I see the problem much more in the fact that it’s her father doing the project :awkney:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Luxe Ford

I don't care much about an Amy Winehouse piopic and I don't want Gaga to portray her.

What's the rush anyway?

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

SlaeUrAnus

He done absolutely NOTHING to save her when she was still alive.

Furthemore, her family are leeches. They seem to conjure up an opportunities to make profit from her death even 7 years later. 

In my messy era.

Schizophonic

first of all.... we dont know if gaga even wants to do that.

second of all we dont know when amys dad said that, if you would have aked me about 4 months ago i would totally agree with gaga should not do that. but after seeing how great as an actress she is, i would like to see it. maybe her dad still has pokerface-meatdress-gaga in his mind when her name comes up.

second of all if she really would want to do that, she would already have worked towards it like she did with asib. she would have propably already worked with her producers or sung songs like look what i found :-P

IF she wants to do that, put her in the role for a testfilming andthen see what comes out and if that is convincing, ask daddy again. pretty sure mark can be helpful with that as well

and after all i know about daddy.... show him ASIB box office first ;)

derpmonster

Gaga and Amy often look very similar.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Archived