💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ASIB is a remake of Burlesque

shame

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Miracle said:

Well in fact Ali doesn't become a star, but the main singer in a Burlesque bar. Plus the love story doesn't really play an important role in the movie, or at least it doesn't appear too. Actually, Burlesque is bad because it doesn't have anything to tell, despite some entertaining numbers and the hell of a big song You Haven't Seen The Last of Me.

the story of christina:huntyga:.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Rio said:

Lovin’ the obvious joke but WOW. searched it up and that film got 5% on Rotten Tomatoes. Poor Madge could never make it in the film industry, no matter how hard she tried 😂

ummm..... sis was in Evita which was a box office $ucce$$ and its soundtrack sold like 11M WW:awkney:

plus, she's also directed a movie....

angels forever, forever angels

19 hours ago, teawhore said:

Burlesque was better :ohwell:

sis we have to watch it with the discord fam on rabbit together one day... :lolly:

angels forever, forever angels

TropicOfCANCER

A huge part of burlesque is about saving the burlesque club from closing down by bringing back real talent. There’s a lot of similarities but the main plot is very different. 

There’s other similarities you missed— an industry man trying to exploit/sell out Ali’s talent. 

TropicOfCANCER
19 hours ago, teawhore said:

Burlesque was better :ohwell:

Nah. I love xtina but no. Burlesque had a bad script, bad acting and no real purpose. The whole sub plot about “air rights” to save the club was laughably bad. 

Glamourpuss

I saw the similarities myself. However, it's well known that Burlesque is full of clichés. It's not a very imaginative movie and the plot is weak.

ASIB is a story that's been around since old Hollywood. Gaga's ASIB only copies it's previous entities but manages to be it's own at the same time. 

I think the names are irrelevant but it does irk me that Gaga's character and Xtina's character have similar names. 

teawhore
13 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Burlesque had no real purpose.

it’s purpose was to make my booty bounce bitch :triggered:

♡ nyc ♡

elijahfan
On 10/15/2018 at 9:29 PM, Why am I on GGD said:

When you think about it this whole thing is reductive because stars have been born since the big bang when the universe was created :awkney:

Sam Elliot was right they truely are just telling the same story over and over again :awkney:

Well I actually think that this line was a nice observation and comment on the remake status of the film, and the fact we're only retelling the same stories over and over again

5 hours ago, TheShameMonster said:

ummm..... sis was in Evita which was a box office $ucce$$ and its soundtrack sold like 11M WW:awkney:

plus, she's also directed a movie....

I’m not talking about Evita. As for Evita, well, yeah, it did fairly well. But she’s still not a great actress. The fact she beat Frances McDormand and Glenn Close in that Best Actress category in 1996 just confuses me. Seen all three films and can’t say Madonna was as good as them. Evita’s the best thing she’s ever done, and even Evita got mixed to negative reviews. 

As for the films she’s directed, both apparently awful and have 28% and 13% on RT respectively. I haven’t seen them but I rest my case. She hasn’t had a great film career. Gaga’s looking promising already. Can you imagine the dark horror stories Gaga will be able to tell in her directorial efforts, with outfits and creatures!? I’m buzzed

Archived