💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did you do that?

ARTPOPIllusion

Featured Posts

For me it's the best song from ASIB OST, don't drag me, it's my opinion, can't I have my own opinion? Ballads are not for me.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My points:

1. Why Did You Do That?

2. Diggin My Grave

3. Shallow

4. Heal Me

5. Look What I Found

6. Before I Cry

7. Hair Body Face

I'm bored and don't want to write them all, but the last positions: I'll Never Love Again, Music To My Eyes, I Don't Know What Love Is (IDKWLI is really at the last position imo).

It is my guilty pleasure tbh

Îč'ĐŒ ρυℓℓÎčηg ÒŻÏƒÏ…Ń sтяÎčηgs

avalon x
3 hours ago, ARTPOPIllusion said:

Why do I feel many people, especially on stan twitter, hate this song. Simply because it’s repetitive? Personally to me it’s in my top 3. ITS SO CATCHY :giveup: easily her best bop since applause/ ARTPOP era. What do y’all think ?

OMG I COMPLETELY AGREE. :sara:

I wouldn't say it's better than John Wayne but JW is in more of a slower, kinda alternative category for me.

But WDYDT is easily my favorite song off the whole album since I listen to pop/dance tracks more than ballads. :lolly: 

(I love the ballads though, don't get me wrong but it's not the type of music I listen to majority of the time.)

I definitely love it a lot more than Heal Me and HBF. (HBF is the weakest of the three, imo :awkney: )

THE 2ND VERSE IS SO GOOD. :deadbanana:

MaryJaneHolland
3 hours ago, TheShameMonster said:

and lacks that touch of Gagaism

Maybe because it's an Ally song? :huntyga:

PartySick
3 hours ago, TheShameMonster said:

it's catchy but it sounds a little underproduced and lacks that touch of Gagaism

on the other hand, she did THAT with Hair Body Face :queenga::firega::staymad:

HAIR BODY FACE FOR YA
TRIPLE THREAT TO A-DORE YA

The definition of BOP :firega:

💚

Christian Steinborn
7 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I'm not sure that's true. The song is there for Jackson Maine to react against, but we don't have to share his judgment. Let me link this again: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8479355/a-star-is-born-pop-music-lady-gaga

very interesting article! 
To me, it is clear that it isn't supposed to be as great as the rest because Gaga also states in several interviews that at first she sings about that she's far from (being) shallow, and all of a sudden she releases theses songs that are, frankly, shallow. 

What sets these songs apart from normal gaga pop songs to me is that she's constanly looking for reaffirmation in someone else (heal me; inspire me when i can't inspire myself, i need you to provide for me; why'd you come around with an ass like that?; a man loves a triple threat) it's like that kind of a female role that gaga doesn't wanna be. an objectified version of a woman that is dependent on her man. 

For me, it did it’s job.

its a song that helps the storyline progress in the film. It’s a SHALLOW lyric branded pop song that is basic on many levels.

It’s represents how artists can lose their voice and sense of self when delving into the music industry. Something Gaga refuses to do, and paid the price for it during the ARTPOP era. 

It’s meant to be catchy and it is an ear worm. 

But, I don’t love it 100%. 

I like the deep, or somewhat *weird* lyrics in Gaga songs. 

However, this song is doing well because it doesn’t sound like gaga to me and it was her intention! We don’t have to like it, and if we do, others don’t have to like it.

Just enjoy the music and don’t mind any hate. It’s not worth it. I learned this a long time ago when I deal the with people being judgemental about me liking Gaga back in the old days. I wasted AOV much energy trying to prove to other people. It’s so silly haha.

RAMROD
3 hours ago, River said:

Cure Me :tony:

What's this? New song? :poot:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Archived