39 members have voted

1. 1. PERFORMANCE / WIN

• Shallow - Performance
    • I'll Never Love Again - Performance
    • Shallow - Win
    • I'll Never Love Again - Win

Featured Posts

Mister Gaga

What do you think guys? What song should be performed at the oscars and what song should WIN the oscar? 

In my opinion, there are 2 very clear contenders: Shallow and I'll Never Love Again. Of course, the other songs are amazing (ARUTW, i'm looking at you), but those seem to be the oscar contenders to me.

So, i think I'll Never Love Again should be performed, with some kind of change on the last chorus to make it even more epic (like TIHTY at the 2016 oscars). However, i think Shallow will win.

(i'm terribly afraid that votes may split between the 2 songs and somehow the Black Panther song ends up winning. La La Land also had two nominations, but City of Stars was the frontrunner right from the beginning. This is not the case imo. Both songs are just too good, and i'd say that IWNLA might be a bit ahead, but Shallow is like the signature song of the movie, so idk :giveup:).

RichAssPiss

My guess is they will submit Shallow and I'll Never Love Again for consideration (there is a two song limit). Both will get nominated and Shallow will win as it is the more obvious favorite. It is actually very similar to La La Land when the duet City of Stars won and Emma Stone's climactic solo Audition was also nominated. I will be curious to see if Gaga performs. Sometimes they bring in other artists to perform the nominated songs. It depends on the producer of the Oscars show. I think it is much more likely that Gaga will perform than Bradley. Gaga may also choose not to perform to keep the emphasis on her acting. Although she will probably choose to perform if the show's producer wants her. Once you get nominated being as amenable to the academy as possible is always the best course of action. I can see Shallow being given to a popular duo or band to perform. I could see a group like Little Big Town or Sugarland being brought in, or maybe a famous country couple like Garth and Trisha or Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. I don't think Gaga and Bradley would do it together.

Anyway, I think Gaga is more likely to perform I'll Never Love Again and Shallow is more likely to win.

Well, if both are nominated, they'll probably make her sing a medley. I'm worried about vote splitting as well - both songs and the moments they represent in the film could be considered highlights, depends on who you ask. I'd be pretty pissed if she walked into the ceremony with three nominations and lost both awards.  

so hard to choose... tbh all of them deserve to be performed. actually, the whole soundtrack needs to be heard live. just cancel the oscars and host The Star Is Born Ball instead :firega:

angels forever, forever angels

WIN: Shallow  PERFORM: I’ll Never Love Again

Shallow is the hit single for the film. So its best to live off the hype. Plus we know Gaga will be prepared to perform but would Bradley? INLA would have the Oscars shook again. So many emotions are in there. 

EDIT: Can she do a medley or do a two in one like her Grammys 2018. 

Doncho

Well Shallow is the clear front runner, so I ll go with that. A performance with both Bradley and Gaga would be amazing. I think even if both are nominated, Gaga will still win. ASIB seems to have the best music of the year... so... they just have to choose between the 2 nominated songs :vegas:

River

I think INLA needs a boost, maybe a live performance in one of the singing contests shows.. it's problem is that it spoiling the movie so it's kinda too soon for it.. so I'm going with Shallow for both.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Chickens in Malibu

I just picture Gaga performing "I'll Never Love Again" at the Grammys with an orchestra playing behind her. It's going to be epic.

I think she'll perform "Shallow" at the Oscars though. I'm sure they'll submit that one.

Archived