opinion

The ASIB Era Feels Weird

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

Widows Kiss
1 minute ago, ARTPOPSTER said:

What is a Z-Move?

Zebra? :ladyhaha:

Basically you can use a much stronger version of any move you desire once per battle. :hor:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FadMadonsterStan

It’s very surreal really, movies like ASIB aren’t made anymore or profitable as well as the shallow yet there success and praises coming for the movie and album and I’m just so happy for them because today’s films and music has become so...... shallow :huntyga:

Don't go for second best, baby Put your love to the test

RichAssPiss

Honestly, this is not a new career path. I don't mean this in a negative way, but many pop stars have had a film/soundtrack success of this sort and turned it into a very recognizable era of their career. The best and most obvious comparison is Whitney with The Bodyguard, the soundtrack for which was her biggest hit and likely still is today. It was all music done as her character, but it became a part of her legacy. Ditto for Diana Ross in Lady Sings the Blues or Bette Midler in The Rose.

DiscoHeaven23

I will tell you one thing...

I did not expect this to be as massive as it is. 

I was ready for the movie to premiere, a soundtrack to drop and for both to kinda fade away.

I was ready to move right on to LG6

But now, I'm in this era. I'm here for it. The music is better than I thought it was gonna be. I can def wait longer for LG6

Gracious Gaga

Roses are red

LG fans complain when she’s a flop

and now u complain even when she’s on top

♥ Kindness Police.

pachinko
32 minutes ago, MEM said:

You know why it feels weird?

Because the world has been lacking meaning and ASIB has just come to save it. The entire entertainment industry has been so saturated with political agendas and too much of the same thing.

ASIB brings back the “greatness” of what Hollywood used to be. A simple love story filled with touching music - the root of humanity. 

Bradley and Gaga are two humble, hard-working artists who, while legendary in their own ways, have been ‘slept on’ over the years. This is truly their moment and they really deserve all of the acclaim. They’ve made a masterpiece :vegas:

Very nicely put. :hug:

Space Cowboy

I was in line at the market earlier and there were gagas People magazine covers in the isle and the straight woman me says 'Gaga' and the husband was like 'Nahhhh'. Girl shes EVERYWHERE i cannot escape everyone is going to see this movie.

Original Diva

everyone i know has suddenly started praising her and following her since this whole asib thing

excuse me no

Linus Gaga

To be honest i still cannot believe the Poker Face Paparazzi girl with crazy eyelashes and makeup (everyone thought she is a sexy party girl who like clubbing drinking) and now became a huge movie star...... :wtfga:

Hit me a message and say hi !

Linus Gaga

And i still remember when she was still filming the ASIB, everyone was saying that ASIB will NOT be a huge movie cuz it's low bugget or blah blah blah....... ....see whats happening now !:trollga: 

Hit me a message and say hi !

duckworth
1 hour ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

I feel like this never really happens in movies these days, like when has a GOOD movie (aka non blockbuster) gotten this much attention? Or maybe it’s just cause I’m surrounded by Gaga fans who talk about it all the time, but I feel like this movie is getting INSANE coverage despite it not being the classic blockbuster. Obviously it’s a good thing it just feels weird.

It's because people know Lady Gaga as a singer. Seeing her act and work wonders in the big screen is something new and news worthy. 

Also, it's because Warner Brothers is spending cash on this movie's Oscar campaign. They're making sure the Academy Voters are aware of the movie and how it's causing buzz in the movie world. Considering the fact that The Academy loves movies about the industry (La La Land, the Other ASIB movies), ASIB is a perfect Oscar bait.

If Bey could act and starred in an Oscar bait movie, she'd have the same coverage. But she can't. :reductive:

Gagaplayer315

I know, is like every little manager's plans and expectations came true. Everything's going so good in this era

52 minutes ago, KING said:

Basically she did her ARTPOP method, by putting pop culture back into art (film). 

Exactly. nicely put.

Spoiler

also, is that you in your profile? cuz

napaljena-voditeljka.gif

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

Archived