Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

WDYDT film version sounds different (SPOILERS)

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

SPOILERS:

In this version it seems that the verse already starts out with the bass. It also has some really pretty 80's style synths in the background, which makes it less empty. I honestly prefer this version and I can't wait to see the movie again to hear it. 

Spoiler

Does anyone have a longer leak of this version?

Villanelle

That's because she performed it live in the movie. 

I also prefer the movie/live version. It "goes off" better. I want the DVD so we can rip the audio in HQ lol

PlastiscGuy

That's what I wanted to say the other day... Every single live version of the movie is way better than the studio version :green:

Have you heard Maybe It's Time when Bradley sings it in the drag bar? His voice :kara: and the chorus of WDYDT is so great

PG.

Illuminati

We had a whole meltdown over Shallow being live with people demanding the album to be studio versions and now there's people contemplating that a pop song should've been live on the album because "it sounds different" and you prefer this version.

Azor Ahai
1 minute ago, Illuminati said:

We had a whole meltdown over Shallow being live with people demanding the album to be studio versions and now there's people contemplating that a pop song should've been live on the album because "it sounds different" and you prefer this version.

Different people want and like different things. Shocking.

domixwodix

Live versions are always better tho?

but not on album, i‘m glad that we have the studio versions

it's sort of like, my past is an unfinished painting..

RadioIsOurs
3 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

It's different though, I never said I wanted WDYDT with crowd noises every 10 seconds and directly mixed from onstage... :green:

People are going to bash me for this. 

But I love WDYDT and was a little salty with the way the vocals turned out in the movie version. It’s way too clean for what we know a live Gaga performance to be. When she goes into the chorus it seems like she did a Beyoncé style live lip sync to a live track but part of me feels like that was the intended look as so many pop acts today lip sync a chorus due to physically demanding choreo, considering Gaga also isn’t the best lip synced. That chorus is pretty heavy for the choreo they gave her. I also think it was the intended look and feel because it’s the only song where this happens. It’s also the most pop the movie gets. It’s the antithesis of Pop Industry “Shallow” music Ally.

BEFORE y’all attack me: I’m not saying Gaga lip synced this performance. There was obviously multiple takes edited to make it seem a lot cleaner. Especially when she throws herself to the ground and starts doing whatever and it just doesn’t look right - They knew what they were doing 

tbh, i like this version too, but i think the album version is better. this one is watered down, no bg vox or extra instrumentation (i actually hear less here) but real tea, i hope they filmed a full performance of this and release it.... she slaps

Spoiler

also there is a 1 minute leak of this that i have if u want it

omg why is princess is princess high my new nickname

TEANUS

There aren’t any differences in the verses between the versions but the album chorus goes harder with the bass.

im thinking the pop songs were in 75% completion for the movie and then when gaga had extra time they mastered and mixed them to completion. Hair body Face sounds clearly like a demo in the movie version, it’s heavily auto tuned and weird vocally. 

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

RadioIsOurs
25 minutes ago, uvglo said:

Hide contents

also there is a 1 minute leak of this that i have if u want it

sure :vegas:

Borislshere

Yeah I noticed yesterday. Watching the film I was for sure she was lip syncing but I played the audio side by side and she’s singing it. 

cold heartedpop
1 hour ago, RadioIsOurs said:

SPOILERS:

In this version it seems that the verse already starts out with the bass. It also has some really pretty 80's style synths in the background, which makes it less empty. I honestly prefer this version and I can't wait to see the movie again to hear it. 

Hide contents

Does anyone have a longer leak of this version?

I agree with this I love the film version I wish we had it in full

xoxo Feels so good!

FentyGa

Sounds pretty similar but the video is LG so idk
ANYWAY I love WDYDT, I'm here for this pure pop fantasy.

California Gold

Longer recording of the scene:

Spoiler

It’s buried in my soul, I can’t find the gold

Archived