Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Spoilers: Should ASIB have a trigger warning?

Jenina

Featured Posts

LordEnigma

I understand but also, it’s supposed to bring emotions and it’s not glamorizing suicide nor showing you the gritty details of him committing it. ASIB displays the facts in an emotional way, but not like something like 13 Reasons Why where they use it as a tool to get people to talk.

Also, OP, this is all kind of spoiler-y.

mucinex
14 minutes ago, Frivolero said:

was it the Bradley scene? the one where he was playing and the camera work was like perfect illusion's? 

yeah i believe so. all i remember is seeing bradley, seeing a bunch of flashing lights and wondering why that was necessary :sis:

Jenina
9 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

I understand but also, it’s supposed to bring emotions and it’s not glamorizing suicide nor showing you the gritty details of him committing it. ASIB displays the facts in an emotional way, but not like something like 13 Reasons Why where they use it as a tool to get people to talk.

Also, OP, this is all kind of spoiler-y.

I put spoilers in the thread title I was hoping people would see it before clicking on it but I see that it's kinda cut off. A lot of the comments also have spoilers in them now so like I hope people who don't know what happens sees it. I think I'm going to move spoilers to the front instead of the back so it's more visible at least.

cool

• Admin changed the title to Should ASIB have a trigger warning?
raragaga

i'm a recovering addict and have lost two family members to suicide. yeah, it was an extremely emotional movie for me. but i knew what to expect considering the mpaa rating explains exactly what to expect in the movie, and so did the trailer. :interestinga:

xoxo

Didymus

It's good that they let other people know, but I don't think anything should be changed.

Like, if you're that ****ing fragile, don't go to a movie theater at all, there's endless amounts of triggers for you in that case.

The only real solution is to spoil yourself for every movie to make sure nothing happens that you don't want to happen. But then what are you going to the movies for? The arts aren't supposed to cater to your wishes. You're going to have to take control yourself.

SchwineLove
6 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

they literally show him drinking and going to rehab in the trailer

honestly it’s the fourth version of this movie how do people not know he commits suicide 

I F*CKING REGRET READING THIS

14 hours ago, Jenina said:

I put spoilers in the thread title I was hoping people would see it before clicking on it but I see that it's kinda cut off. A lot of the comments also have spoilers in them now so like I hope people who don't know what happens sees it. I think I'm going to move spoilers to the front instead of the back so it's more visible at least.

It doesn't say spoilers in the title.. You should change it since the ending was spoiled for the poster above me.

16 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

they literally show him drinking and going to rehab in the trailer

honestly it’s the fourth version of this movie how do people not know he commits suicide 

What the ???? I was planing to watch the previous versions I didn't know he committed suicide in every movie :'( 

gypsy101

it’s literally an 81 year old movie, a 64 year old movie and a 42 year old movie. are you all living under rocks.

Jenina
52 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

It doesn't say spoilers in the title.. You should change it since the ending was spoiled for the poster above me.

Mess that's really weird maybe I'll try changing it again idk what's going on 

cool

21 minutes ago, Jenina said:

Mess that's really weird maybe I'll try changing it again idk what's going on 

Actually it has it now, maybe a mod changed it.

Archived