Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Spoilers: Should ASIB have a trigger warning?

Jenina

Featured Posts

Jenina

I follow some chronic pain accounts on twitter and I've come across a few tweets saying stuff like

"PSA: don’t see A Star is Born if you are struggling with sobriety/addiction and/or suicidal ideation."

The responses have been some people regretting going because it was very hard to watch at certain scenes as you know if you've seen it. Should ASIB have/had more of a trigger warning? It doesn't really reveal the problems the characters face in the trailer too deeply so I'm not sure :/ 

cool

gypsy101

they literally show him drinking and going to rehab in the trailer

honestly it’s the fourth version of this movie how do people not know he commits suicide 

Jenina
Just now, gypsy101 said:

they literally show him drinking and going to rehab in the trailer

honestly it’s the fourth version of this movie how do people not know he commits suicide 

I mean a lot of people here didn't know :poot: Also in the other versions it's not carried out the same way as it is in this one 

cool

Regina George

If anything it should have epilepsy warning at the beginning because my friend (who has epilepsy) almost got another episode because of constant light flashing in the movie.. She had to leave the cinema for few minutes.. Not even kidding.. I don’t remember what scene it exactly is but I remember it had a lot of flashlights in it..

Also it’s well known fact that movie is about alcoholism and addiction problems so I see no problems there.. Suicide was not mentioned but it’s rated R for a reason.. 

It's not really feasible tbh. If they put it in front of the movie the tickets would have already been bought. Same deal for buying/renting the movie. Plus putting a warning anywhere (posters, trailer, description, etc) would spoil the movie for a lot more people than it would help.

Quartz

If you got triggered in the right way, I think it's good. Ignoring/Avoiding an issue is never advisable.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Reality

I don't think so. Not only, in my opinion, does it take away from the creative world of whatever the movie is about (in this case, ASIB), but also ASIB is rated R for a reason...

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

mucinex
8 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

If anything it should have epilepsy warning at the beginning because my friend (who has epilepsy) almost got another episode because of constant light flashing in the movie.. She had to leave the cinema for few minutes.. Not even kidding.. I don’t remember what scene it exactly is but I remember it had a lot of flashlights in it..

Also it’s well known fact that movie is about alcoholism and addiction problems so I see no problems there.. Suicide was not mentioned but it’s rated R for a reason.. 

tea! that scene left me dizzy and i'm not even epileptic :excuseu:

Trigger warning? You mean the MPAA graphic that every movie trailer has that warns viewers of the contents of a movie??

Im all about progressive views but some people just want to be spoon-fed :air:

Frivolero
12 minutes ago, Matt Amor said:

tea! that scene left me dizzy and i'm not even epileptic :excuseu:

was it the Bradley scene? the one where he was playing and the camera work was like perfect illusion's? 

Wow. this is amazing. I did not know how to broach the topic. The first time I saw the movie, I was so down. It was quite a conflict, I enjoyed the performances so much, but I had no idea the suicide was coming and it is an emotional trigger for me.  It took me a couple of days to process and come to terms with it.

Watch As I Dive In

Der Meister
24 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Yeah the opening scene was very hard to watch, the flashlights and sounds were louder than normal, it was crazy and I felt dizzy as well.  But it was like that until he gets to the car.

Tom Nook

In the US the MPAA states that it’s rated R for language throughout, some sexuality/nudity and substance abuse so I’m not sure if there is a need to take it one more step further :shrug: but I’m glad people are letting others know if they are prone to relapse

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

• Admin changed the title to Should ASIB have a trigger warning?

Archived