đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Grace Kelly/Judy Garland/Gaga

Killa

Featured Posts

People, another killer thread. Though i usually kill them myself

to introduce this topic let's watch this, it's well done and a good introduction for those who dont know or dont remember

I thought of doing this thread after that one about what the screen writter (was that it?) told.

Judy Garland was such Jack Maine that her A Star is Born story unfolded in front of her eyes when Grace Kelly was celebrated the best actress.

Besides this, think we all know till now no actress has own the god damn statue  (for that film).

So, in this moment, we have Gaga that is basically a new kind of all out performer like Judy but her story is oh so much like Grace Kelly.

Gaga is a newcomer, a person who probably till the oscars week most people will still be perplexed that the freaky pop sensation is the same, and she can sing. Because, guess what, the world is big! And the 2009 Gaga was so widely known and a image that was so heavily marketed that is difficult to forget, even more when most of that people didnt payed attention later.

She is a young promise, who nails her first commitement, set up for a reborn, a person who brings cash without end. This movie wont be remade...ah for sure|?????? The antecipation will be brutal, cause they might finally nail the coffin with this version.

I find amazing how we get to these point and how much was done for Gaga at this stage. Which, in my opinion, was strongly constructed, taking each right step and using advantage of every circunstance. Fulling understanding which are priorities and which arent. Tbh this strikes me as Gaga greatest feat in later years, gurl endures cause she knows what no one knows, that in the end of an album cycle she'll have another album which might even be more important, and after this one she has one that'll be possibily much more so.

As usual, a long crappy thread thanks for joinning my ted talk, i think that's what's trend to say:triggered:

:trollga:

Fun fact: The dress Gaga wore during 'I'll Never Love Again' (the last scene in ASIB) was inspired by Grace Kelly's now-iconic 1955 Academy Awards dress designed by Edith Head in which she accepted the Oscar for best actress. Coincidentally this was the year in which Grace Kelly beat Judy Garland who was the frontrunner to win with her performance in the 1954 version of 'A Star Is Born'. Ironic, don't you think? 

grace-kelly-oscars-dress-6.jpg

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

TheAlpha

It’s insane to me that a picture like A Star Is Born (which Hollywood loves so much) doesn’t win Oscars. Barbara is the only who has one but for Best Original Song. Will Bradley and Gaga break this curse? Buy the soundtrack on iTunes and you’ll find out.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

I'm not sure if Gaga can pull it off. I thought her performance was AWESOME! but her competition is Glenn Close.... a previous 6 time nominee who they might favor. HOWEVER since Gaga can draw a huge number a viewers(@ VMA's) they might actually attempt to favor her to raise the ratings of the Oscars.

Song might be locked but be don't know what song(s) will be submitted/Nominated but I feel that Shallow and I'll Never Love Again(Extended Version) will be pushed to win 

TheAlpha
43 minutes ago, David Pontrella said:

I'm not sure if Gaga can pull it off. I thought her performance was AWESOME! but her competition is Glenn Close.... a previous 6 time nominee who they might favor. HOWEVER since Gaga can draw a huge number a viewers(@ VMA's) they might actually attempt to favor her to raise the ratings of the Oscars.

Song might be locked but be don't know what song(s) will be submitted/Nominated but I feel that Shallow and I'll Never Love Again(Extended Version) will be pushed to win 

I don’t think Glenn Close is going to win. Nicole Kidman I heard gives a great performance. Yalitza Aparicio (from ROMA) is great too. Besides, The Wife (Starring Glenn) came out in January. It has lost momentum. But who knows with the Oscars. Anything could happen for sure. Let’s see who Hollywood’s politics will favor more.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

I have not seen one of these movies, actually i barely saw any movie this year. Well tomorrow is finally the day, let's hope there'll be tickets

I'll def look up other contenders. But for sure Gaga by now is a target for contender and this is now about how well the movie does, WB works, and mostly how well Gaga plays her Popokerface (really:huntyga:--?)

Archived