๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

question

ASIB: Pop Songs vs. Ballads?

Reality

ASIB: Pop Songs vs. Ballads  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should future Gaga albums be more like ASIB's pop songs or ballads?

• Pop songs
    • Ballads

Featured Posts

Reality

So I just watched the movie today and I could literally spend hours talking about how incredible it was and how astonishingly proud I am of Gaga, however, while I was thinking about the music for the film, one thought came to mind: what kind of music (inspired by ASIB) would I like Gaga to create more of?

Let's say that hypothetically, LG6 hasn't even been conceivedย (and I'm sure to some people, that's true, but that's not the point :sweat:). Would you want it to be more like the pop songs performed in ASIB (i.e. Heal Me, Why Did You Do That?,ย Hair Body Face, etc.), or would you like an album full of the ballads in the movie like I'll Never Love Again, Always Remember Us This Way, Is That Alright?, etc.? This also goes for future albums beyond LG6. Also, this isn't to say that the albums would solelyย be pop songs or solelyย be ballads, but the focus would be either or.

Personally, I've always found that Gaga's better when she's writing/performing ballads. So if I had an album filled with the ballads like the ones in ASIB, I'd absolutely love it!

๐ผ ๐’ฅ๐’ฐ๐’ฎ๐’ฏ ๐’ฉ๐ธ๐ธ๐’Ÿ ๐’œ ๐’Ÿ๐’ช๐’ฎ๐ธ ๐’ช๐น ๐’ฏ๐ป๐ธ ๐‘…๐ผ๐’ข๐ป๐’ฏ ๐’ฎ๐’ฏ๐’ฐ๐น๐น

DONAJENDRO

The pop songs are kinda fun to listen to, but the ballads are some of her best work

Mad Onna

Reality
Just now, Bio said:

O donโ€™t want an album about looking good in jeans, thanks.

Well, I'm not necessarily talking about the lyrical content (because we all know that Gaga can write much more deep and meaningful lyrics). I'm talking about which sound would you prefer.

๐ผ ๐’ฅ๐’ฐ๐’ฎ๐’ฏ ๐’ฉ๐ธ๐ธ๐’Ÿ ๐’œ ๐’Ÿ๐’ช๐’ฎ๐ธ ๐’ช๐น ๐’ฏ๐ป๐ธ ๐‘…๐ผ๐’ข๐ป๐’ฏ ๐’ฎ๐’ฏ๐’ฐ๐น๐น

ArtGagaPop

I will never love again, is That Alright?, remember us this way and before i cry litterly crushed most of gagas best songs ever so def the ballads. The pop songs are nice as pop songs but doesn't really stand a chance when you compare them.

Reality
6 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

I will never love again, is That Alright?, remember us this way and before i cry litterly crushed most of gagas best songs ever so def the ballads. The pop songs are nice as pop songs but doesn't really stand a chance when you compare them.

I completely agree about the ballads! I completely feel like the ballads for this movie are some of her best songs, period. I lowkey hate that they're not part of an original album, but that doesn't change the fact that I love them so much!!

Lucas

Pop songs for LG6, but I'd love a ballad album in a few years, like after her first pregnancy

FATCAT

No question, hands down, IDKWLI & LWIF are absolutely something she should continue. Piano & her is all I need.

Purr more, hiss less.

rumours

I guess it depends what you mean by "pop" songs. I'd prefer it if she does not release anything resembling The Cure or the other basic pop songs on ASIB.

With that said, I'd consider Joanne to be a "pop" album, and I thought songs like Diamond Heart, Dancin' in Circles, etc. were all "pop" songs that worked well and were far more interesting than songs like "Heal Me".

Now, my dream sound for her sonically is something like Court and Spark (mixture of folk, rock, pop, and jazz). If any of y'all haven't heard that album (:ohno:), here you go:

Spoiler

ย 

ย 

Cody James

Gosh.... WDYDT... literally how am I supposed to answer this LOL. I hope that she can be embraced for the ability to produce power ballads, but at the same time I feel and would like LG6 to be the EDM inspired album since this would expand and be a more risky album which is what she is great at IMO. I agree with a comment above about an intimate album being released around marriage or pregnancy or even for upcoming blockbuster movies!

FadMadonsterStan

Although I listen to th popย songs more only because the ballads make me cry the ballads are probably Gagaโ€™s best work

Don't go for second best, baby Put your love to the test

Jakkusan

She indicated in her recent interview with Zane Lowe that the pop songs on ASIB were written as shallow pop songs that she would never really do herself. She also hinted that she has written new music and it sounds like it might be "weird" Gaga again - always unexpected.

ย 

ย 

Archived