❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
opinion

The overhype is now hurting ASIB itself.

Galagala

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galagala
42 minutes ago, Noel Sanchez said:

No one cares what you and your friends think how bout that 🤷🏻‍♂️👍🏼

Then why did you even need to waste your time commenting something pointless under this thread?:trollga:

We will see what ASIB's gonna get from general people. You're not them and I was just expressing my observation. 

57 minutes ago, Sergi Gil said:

Are you from another universe? Because u are talking about another film sis😂 Is shallow the best song for u to win an oscar/grammy? Omg. Did u heard the whole soundtrack with a made in china earphones?

This is not my review sis. 

And clearly he's talking about the "Best Original Song" category. :selena: 

What did it have to do with China? Your bias...:ohwell:

Galagala
1 hour ago, ErickSlayyy said:

One of friends literally asked my other friend if she wanted to go see ASIB today with us and she said she didn’t because it was “basic.” I feel like it could be the overhype of the movie that made her say the movie was basic:triggered:

You know the hype exists and those are just some examples to support my thought, right?

Being sarcastic toward me doesn't make you seem better. :awkney:

I just share the observation. That's it. 

LordEnigma

Not everyone on the planet is going to like the movie and of course there are going to be a range of reviews... it has an 8.3/10 on IMDB and I’d say that’s a pretty good indicator of the general dislike/like.

Just because your classmates and some comments are disappointed doesn’t mean it’s over-hyped. Let’s just see what the CineScore consensus is before we say it was “over-hyped.” 

LordEnigma
20 minutes ago, Thanster said:

ok now i'm kinda afraid to watch it...

Don’t be. Just go see the movie and enjoy it. Do you really expect every person to love a movie? Some people are going to despise this movie while some people are going to say “Best Picture Of The Year.” 

Just go and form your own opinion.

Thanster
1 minute ago, Alexander Levi said:

Don’t be. Just go see the movie and enjoy it. Do you really expect every person to love a movie? Some people are going to despise this movie while some people are going to say “Best Picture Of The Year.” 

Just go and form your own opinion.

i'm not saying that i care whether people like it or not. 

what i mean is that i'm a little bit scared to watch cause of the things said in this thread.

i guess i should go neutral and stay neutral during the movie. i don't want to get my hopes high and then get dissapointed. i don't want the overhype and the great reviews control my mind.

LordEnigma
3 minutes ago, Thanster said:

i'm not saying that i care whether people like it or not. 

what i mean is that i'm a little bit scared to watch cause of the things said in this thread.

i guess i should go neutral and stay neutral during the movie. i don't want to get my hopes high and then get dissapointed. i don't want the overhype and the great reviews control my mind.

Yeah but I’d honestly trust critics opinions a bit more than a random joe on the street most times :vegas:

It might be overhyped - but it might not :) or it might just be real good!

Noel Sanchez
23 minutes ago, Galagala said:

Then why did you even need to waste your time commenting something pointless under this thread?:trollga:

We will see what ASIB's gonna get from general people. You're not them and I was just expressing my observation. 

This is not my review sis. 

And clearly he's talking about the "Best Original Song" category. :selena: 

What did it have to do with China? Your bias...:ohwell:

Because i frequent this site and if you and the other negative Nancy have the right to post your non sense of an opinion i have the right to come and tell you it’s not important and to take serval seats 💺 💺💺💺💺💺💺💺💺😘

SLAYing

I don't even think that ASIB is overhyped and I have yet to see it as its gonna release on 12th here in India.. 

ASIB is just getting praised for it's raw and natural performances and a heartwarming story and soundtrack. If all that qualifies as being a strong Oscar contender then it's not overhype.. Its just the truth.. Period 

Instagram : saurabh_slays

LordEnigma
11 minutes ago, SLAYing said:

I don't even think that ASIB is overhyped and I have yet to see it as its gonna release on 12th here in India.. 

ASIB is just getting praised for it's raw and natural performances and a heartwarming story and soundtrack. If all that qualifies as being a strong Oscar contender then it's not overhype.. Its just the truth.. Period 

And it’s also projected to do amazing this weekend domestically and gain a hefty amount of coin worldwide... so the hype is in no way hurting it.

Gardevoir
39 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Not everyone on the planet is going to like the movie and of course there are going to be a range of reviews... it has an 8.3/10 on IMDB and I’d say that’s a pretty good indicator of the general dislike/like.

Just because your classmates and some comments are disappointed doesn’t mean it’s over-hyped. Let’s just see what the CineScore consensus is before we say it was “over-hyped.” 

it's even 8,6 on imdb :P 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

BlaqJezus

For very hardcore fans, the movie must be watched more than once to get the full performance in it's meaning because we see every facet of Gaga all the time, and parts of her are in there for certain. Also because in my mind there was such a proud feeling watching her succeed in this role, I couldn't stop thinking that to pay attention as well.

The overhype is not hurting anything. Many many people have told me or in passing spoke on wanting to see the movie, people that don't know I like Gaga and people that I know don't see movies generally are talking about going to see it. The people leaving our showing earlier this week, were every one crying and/or chatting about how good it was and how it affected them and how people they knew were seeing it later this week were going to feel.

This movie makes you think, and talk, it's romantic and sad and joyful and interestingly enough it's pretty funny because of the characters and their interactions. Gaga's voice and Bradley, both together separately are gorgeous and thinking that they recorded live vocals is insane for this level of quality. This definitely answers any questions of Gaga's vocal quality, there is no question that she has rested and brought her vocals back up into top shape again.

Stop worrying over nothing, try just enjoying things without being so critical of every aspect, Gaga has her acclaim and her coin, the rest is gravy.

Vitleysingur

It is word of mouth and it is the ultimate factor to success of a movie.

If you think it's overhyped, I suggest you burn your sim card, unplug your modem, turn off TV and lock yourself at home.

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

1 hour ago, Galagala said:

You know the hype exists and those are just some examples to support my thought, right?

Being sarcastic toward me doesn't make you seem better. :awkney:

I just share the observation. That's it. 

OMGG no sis I wasn’t being sarcastic :toofunny:I was being serious I was just writing my experience yesterday to support what you’re saying like you said. I’m sorry if the post was sarcastic it was not my intention. 

Archived