đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Shock: Heal Me and WDYDT are Recorded Live

Vitleysingur

Featured Posts

Dayman
8 minutes ago, NoahSuns said:

I dont think so. While Gaga was performing WDYDT sometimes she would dance and have the mic away from her mouth but we could still listen to her. So..... maybe it was recorded live during one of the shots, but not during the one we actually see.

7 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

The mic wasn't even near her mouth half of the time. Did we see a different movie? :air:

It was recorded live for every shot they did of the song. The performance was edited and extended in some parts and shortened with others for pacing in the film however.

Mr Oak
2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

It was recorded live for every shot they did of the song. The performance was edited and extended in some parts and shortened with others for pacing in the film however.

Or maybe she sang it while standing before shooting and then during editing they put her voice on. It's still recorded live (??). Maybe:laughga:

WORLDofGAGA
45 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I'm genuinely not sure if this is a serious question :messga:

Hide contents

The movie made an EFFORT to let you see she was lipsyncing. That hardcore choreo would not allow her to sing a song like that. The mic wasn't even near her face half of the time that she was supposed to sing.

Wasn’t it meant to show how she was becoming less of herself (music wise) and not even using her raw talent anymore due to music industry demands? 

@W0RLDofGAGA

Dayman
Just now, NoahSuns said:

Or maybe she sang it while standing before shooting and then during editing they put her voice on. It's still recorded live (??). Maybe:laughga:

No, each take was a different live take. What mostly likely is the problem is how they had to pace the performance and edit different visual takes to a different audio take. Then what happens is the timing can look off or odd and scenes that had no vocals now have vocals and vice versa. In the same way other songs would start off clearly live int he film and have to then go into a montage for pacing the performance for WDYDT had to be properly edited for pacing of the film. The biggest change I noticed compared to filming was the last chorus and ending. It was HEAVILY condensed and this even shows when comparing the studio track.

Head Empty
3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

No, each take was a different live take. What mostly likely is the problem is how they had to pace the performance and edit different visual takes to a different audio take. Then what happens is the timing can look off or odd and scenes that had no vocals now have vocals and vice versa. In the same way other songs would start off clearly live int he film and have to then go into a montage for pacing the performance for WDYDT had to be properly edited for pacing of the film. The biggest change I noticed compared to filming was the last chorus and ending. It was HEAVILY condensed and this even shows when comparing the studio track.

See the quote below :sweat:

4 minutes ago, WORLDofGAGA said:

Wasn’t it meant to show how she was becoming less of herself (music wise) and not even using her raw talent anymore due to music industry demands? 

Parts of it might've been sung "live" while filming, but it was definitely purposely made to look like she's lipsyncing. It's part of why Bradley acts so shocked when he sees it (in addition to the song itself)

Archived