💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Ally was passionate about her pop career?

Regina George

Featured Posts

Regina George

Ally was passionate about her pop career or was it just mimic?

I saw a lot of users claiming that pop songs on the soundtrack are supposed to “sound bad” and that “we are not supposed to like them as much” and I COMPLETELY DISAGREE.. I think she was passionate about them because she got really mad at Jackson for calling her out because of lyrics in the infamous bathtub scene. I don’t even get why users think we are not supposed to like them only because Jackson seemed not found of them.. 

What do you think? I’m interested in your opinions..

Regina George
1 minute ago, Enzo said:

What is the bathtub scene about? 

Should I spoil it? You didn’t watch it? :cryga:

Wixson

She was passionate about it, but I'm not sure how much she liked it. Even if she did, she lost all her fondness of it by the last scene/shot, judging by her going back to being a brunette with barely any makeup on. 

Regina George
Just now, Wixson said:

She was passionate about it, but I'm not sure how much she liked it. Even if she did, she lost all her fondness of it by the last scene/shot, judging by her going back to being a brunette with barely any makeup on. 

I think she didn’t like being manipulated and being changed by people around her.. But she liked songs imo. 

GagaUnderYou
7 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Should I spoil it? You didn’t watch it? :cryga:

spill 

Well, I do think she liked the Songs. She "grew up" (artistically) in a Drag Bar / Gay Club which is filled with Pop Diva Songs and Dance Music. I think she also did like the Rock Music that Jack did - but even when she first performed "Shallow" in the parking spot, she didn't have any arrangement written for it and it could've been that she envisioned it totally different as Jack did. The Ballads that she sung were mostly written in a Pop way / with a pop structure, so I personally think that she loved her Pop Music just as much as the ballads. She just didn't like all the extra things like the dancers.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Regina George
17 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

spill 

IM ON MOBILE SO I CAN’T PUT THIS IN SPOILERS (don’t read if you din’t want spoilers):

Well Gaga is in a bathtub drinking her drink and then Jackson walks in drunk and starts provoking her by mocking her “Why Did You Do That” lyrics and SNL performance (saying she looks and sounds like fool) after that she starts provoking him by mentioning his drinking and drugs addiction asking him to drink with her and basically making fun of him and his father. Jackson then calls her “ugly” and she gets really mad and kicks him out standing naked in a bathtub (vagina scene).. 

Earthling
5 minutes ago, Noah said:

Well, I do think she liked the Songs. She "grew up" (artistically) in a Drag Bar / Gay Club which is filled with Pop Diva Songs and Dance Music. I think she also did like the Rock Music that Jack did - but even when she first performed "Shallow" in the parking spot, she didn't have any arrangement written for it and it could've been that she envisioned it totally different as Jack did. The Ballads that she sung were mostly written in a Pop way / with a pop structure, so I personally think that she loved her Pop Music just as much as the ballads. She just didn't like all the extra things like the dancers.

I feel like she wanted to be Carly and they turned her into like Dua or someone

*she switched baristas. ☕️

2 minutes ago, Earthling said:

I feel like she wanted to be Carly and they turned her into like Dua or someone

I think she liked what she was doing. Again, she comes from a Drag Background. The whole big Production thing is alright with her (WDYDT) except when its not done well (HM). She was probably really proud of her and so were her Queens at home, because she really killed that performance.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

It's really interesting- on the surface level, it seems like these pop songs are meant to be banal and shallow.

However, when faced against Jackson's incredibly masculine and old-fashioned view on "authentic" music, it really strikes that conversation. Yeah, Ally's folk rock songs are much more complex, lyrically, but she still defends her artistry even with the pop songs. For the better or for the worse.

3 points in and ready for more

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Miel said:

It's really interesting- on the surface level, it seems like these pop songs are meant to be banal and shallow.

However, when faced against Jackson's incredibly masculine and old-fashioned view on "authentic" music, it really strikes that conversation. Yeah, Ally's folk rock songs are much more complex, lyrically, but she still defends her artistry even with the pop songs. For the better or for the worse.

YES! And I hate how some users say stuff like ''those songs are bad and we are not supposed to like them'' ONLY because Jakson doesn't like them. Why are we supposed to follow his opinion and why do we think his opinion is the right one.. I mean OFC ballads show her talent more and are better lyrically but those pop songs are amazing too and she was passionate about them..

Teal Ambition

I do think she liked the songs, I mean they are hers after all. However, I do think they were intentionally basic pop songs to show us how superficial the industry really is. I mean you can really hear the difference in the music and songwriting in the transition from Ally to popstar Ally 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Arturo

I think only the image stuff bothered her like when she said she doesnt know who she is anymore when she got the orange hair.

I think she was still proud of her songs.

FFXSoul91

After seeing the movie, I definitely think the people that felt that way only felt like it because Jackson clearly did.

Spoiler

He didn't like the new hair (which she chose because she didn't want to go blonde) and he didn't like the music as someone with a country rock background.

As far as I can tell, Ally was proud of her work and was angered when Jackson called it "embarrassing."

Archived