Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ASIB was ruined for me

Jester

Featured Posts

Aga Gydal
4 minutes ago, Jester said:

How do I do that  :giveup:

Keep in mind that she killed it. There’s no reason to worry that she didn’t deliver. I couldn’t let myself get lost in AHS Hotel coz I kept scoring her performance in my head, since so many people weren’t impressed by it. There’s no reason to not just sit back and enjoy it this time. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic
Just now, GAGAXO said:

I felt a really similar way at first. I saw it for the first time on Tuesday and was a bit overwhelmed by gaga and I felt that I didn't feel what the movie was trying to make me feel because I was too focused on looking for moments for people to impressed by gaga. It was just bizarre. I felt like I was trying to please everyone in the theater even though I have absolutely nothing to do with gaga's performance or the audience's perception of it. BUT I saw it again last night and it was completely different. Now that I wasn't totally obsessed with gaga's performance, I was able to appreciate the message and impact that the film was trying to send and it so much more rewarding for me. I am seeing it tonight and Friday night and I feel like I am going to appreciate it more and more each time. SO to answer your question, yes I would try again and I think you'll be happily surprised with the outcome.

-Patrick :)

Sounds like we are kindred spirits :staymad: Thanks for your uplifting attitude. 

I will have seen it 3 times come Friday evening and have 2 copies of the soundtrack purchased. :oops:

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu

joemayzzin

i think maybe you're over analyzing it to much? you saw it already so i can't justify how you're feeling and I'm sorry you feel this way cause I'm seeing it tonight for the first time but movies are supposed to be viewed there in the moment with a clear mind ready to experience all it has to offer!

maybe see it a second time and just relax with a clear mind, have some popcorn and relax! 

2 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

Sounds like we are kindred spirits :staymad: Thanks for your uplifting attitude. 

I will have seen it 3 times come Friday evening and have 2 copies of the soundtrack purchased. :oops:

I have two copies preordered and I am buying the target version too lol!!

Just watch as a normal movie. It's never good to watch something looking for "something amazing" to happen. Leave the critical eye home

I feel the same, but the final scene just made me cry, that ending. A beautiful shot and the song, and when she starts to tear up. I think I mainly cried because the film was so powerful, I knew it was powerful before watching it, and because I was so happy for Gaga. She’s made it!!! đŸ™ŒđŸŒ

djBuffoon

It sounds like you went in expecting quite a bit, and braced yourself to feel/experience certain things.

But movies don't work that way, right? You have to do your part as the audience member to drop all of that baggage and let the movie work on you.

I feel like if I watch it now I would probably have the same feeling as you. But my country just had a release date for the movie which is 2 weeks from now so maybe my hyped is already gone by that time and I would probably go to the cinema without any expectations. But the soundtrack is already out I don't know if I can resist myself from listening them :cryga:

crisTEAne

just got back from the cinema.

the exact same **** happened to me.

i'm angry and sad, but most of all, i'm devastated.

this was a once-in-a-lifetime experience and i fĂŒcked it up. :( 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

hpmcmill

I loved it both times but I REALLY loved it the second time. You're right the first time I was just thinking - "what's Gaga gonna say or do?" - the second time I really allowed myself to be immersed in it. It's not a perfect film. but it's pretty great!

Jester

Glad to see I'm not the only one, there's quite a bit of you guys who feel the same

Molly Aphrodite

I had a similar experience tbh! Took me QUITE a while to shake off the fact that I was watching the women I've idolized for 10 years now playing this vulnerable, raw, relatable character. But that's all I could see, was her PLAYING the character (phenomenally, I might add) rather than fully being immersed in the narrative. And the "superstar" Ally scenes didn't help either, like La Vie En Rose or the SNL part or even the Grammy's, even her Italian accent talking to her dad. It felt way too similar to Gaga's real life journey rather than this totally new character I was supposed to fall in love with. Granted, her acting was amazing and powerful at all the right moments, but I think our problem as stans is that we were watching for Gaga rather than for ASIB. Gonna rewatch it tomorrow though and hope that sheds a new light on it!

NewRules

spoilers!

Spoiler

My experience was only saved by not knowing the ending. The songs weren't doing much for me and I found it hard to stop analysing Gaga's every move.. but I started full on crying when Jackson gave his dog the steak

Archived